Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Derpwraith
Azran
Razielthemanslayer
Gazman0169
Tolvo
Ghadis_God
Pesth
ChizFreak
RANT
dianaduh
CandleMax
SunlightCrusader
Juutas
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
IceIfrit666
BackwardsBaboon
Isaren
Slarg232
X-government-agent
Argetlam350
Onion Knight
T-King-667
ublug
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
n0rain
Revoltage
33 posters

Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets - Page 3 Empty Re: Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 am

I thought that the Darkmoon firekeeper wore her armor cause she was really ugly xD. My personal favorites were Lautrec,Mildred,Beatrice,and Quelanna

It's funny i actually did a domhall cosplay recently and i made him look EXACTLY like that. Not only did i give him a pony tail and grey hair, but it just look very similar.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets - Page 3 Empty Re: Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    IceIfrit666 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Is there one of

Spoiler:

if so PM me a pic.

Look at Ubluq's links.
    Or don't, you might explode....

I honestly think I just did..... come on From put some effort into your character models!.... well just one character model!
    I though it would be to make her more efficient as an assassin... like a female Agent 47.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:01 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    IceIfrit666 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Is there one of

Spoiler:

if so PM me a pic.

Look at Ubluq's links.
    Or don't, you might explode....

I honestly think I just did..... come on From put some effort into your character models!.... well just one character model!
    I though it would be to make her more efficient as an assassin... like a female Agent 47.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Easier to wear wigs that way....hehehe im so clever...silly
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 am

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets - Page 3 Eaid90

Wait, wait wait. If that is Oswald.. then who the heck is this from the art book?
    Spoiler:

:/ I always thought it was strikingly female but someone argued it couldn't be her in the artbook thread. Unless they changed the character because there are no long male hair cuts, just thought it was interesting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 am

It just looks like they gave him a haircut and made him look younger in game. But they look pretty similar.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:30 am

they used their own character creator to make the faces, so nothings as unique as whats in the artbook will happen.

also some one try the mod on gough! or the chaos servent out side bocs door!
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I actually think that the faces are random since I have seen them in the creator if you hit the random button. It wouldn't make any sense to use the creator to make generic faces for all the unique characters and make them static.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 pm

I rather think most of them are placeholders.

Kind of like, "They won't see the face, so why design it?"
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm

^yep which isn't really the face. Oswald is the first clue. Siegmiar is the next clue in. Lol! at ciaran being in her teens and sounding a hundred years old. These pictures are neat but I don't think they should be taken as the intentions of the designer.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Pretty much what Tolvo said. I don't think much work at all was put into making the faces. Either way, the character creation engine is pretty limited in what it can do so I wasn't expecting much variety. Lorewise, I think they're fair game though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Some are possibly intended, such as Sieg's since you can see his face through his helm. But even then, it brings up a whole lot of questions. Such as why there isn't a single Catarina in game if so. But that's for lore speculation on another day.

Some of course seem more accurate, like Oswald but again you see part of his face. But for those that look like they were supposed to be covered, they don't really seem all too fitting.

In Tarkus' case, he just kind of looks like some guy. Probably it's that their faces didn't matter even if they were to be looked at, they're just people after all.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:43 pm

If Tarkus' face didn't matter why would Oswalds? You can only see his eyes and mouth. As long as he looks like he comes from carim what difference does it make. As for Seigmiar, the Catarina's are depicted as a dark skinned people in the creator, so again not much thought went into the design of the face.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Crystalline knight is also missing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:32 pm

And that's what I meant by being more accurate, since there is concept art of what he looks like before being created using the in game engine. So they got what appears to look the closest to the design they had in mind for him for the parts that matter.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:35 pm

What skin color and thin lips? Come on, he looks nothing like the art book.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 pm

His nose is similar, the silver hair with it covering part of his face, the closest to this being the semi haircut. The dark circles around his eyes, how his nose bends and even the lips look similar. The coloring just looks a bit different, as well the in game engine does not allow for such wrinkles. So yes I'd say they look quite similar. About as similar as the could do with the game engine aside from the skin color. Though the skin color looks more like it is a Carim thing.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Those are all basic features of the carim. Ominous features, and you basically start with this look. It's not the closest thing. If they were trying they would've just made him look accurate.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 pm

I suppose we'll just have to disagree then.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Catarina could be a diverse land with many different types of people, or Siegmeyer could simply be in the minority in terms of skin color in his homeland. Laurentius as well doesn't resemble the typical "Great Swamp" look from the creator anyway. I think it's funny to imagine Catarina like Apartheid South Africa, with a white ruling class of knights and black commoners.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I've always wondered if Eastern face and Swamp face for the males were swapped. considering Laur looks more like an Eastern Trader face.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:06 am

Yukon wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Pictures of NPCs Without Helmets - Page 3 Eaid90

Wait, wait wait. If that is Oswald.. then who the heck is this from the art book?
    Spoiler:

:/ I always thought it was strikingly female but someone argued it couldn't be her in the artbook thread. Unless they changed the character because there are no long male hair cuts, just thought it was interesting.

Oswald is not the only pardoner serving Velka.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:56 am

The only one we meet and so the only one who would be worth the effort to make similar to concept i'd think. and I do realize it is -concept- art thats why I highlighted that at the end of my post, figured I would still share it just cause it popped out at me, however I solved this for myself the same day, I translated the characters above the art and it says oswald of carim.. roughly.

I just really wanted for velka to be a nice ol' gal winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 pm