Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
BackstabFisherman
Knight Alundil
DNL
Purity
Wrenchfarm
e82
VinheimProfessor
Veradox
H3adShotty
RCPD_STARS
14 posters

PC = Amazing PVP Please Read!

RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

PC = Amazing PVP Please Read! Empty PC = Amazing PVP Please Read!

Post by RCPD_STARS Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:18 am

I just got done PVPing for about 3-1/2 solid hours with 2 toons at the Oolacile Township bonfire, and I absolutely have to share.

This is the best pvp spot I have ever seen. I have logged over 1,000 hours on PS3 and been through Kiln, Burg, Ariamis, Forest, Darkmoon Pit, etc.

I have never had as much success as this location. My characters= SL 76 Darkwraith invading and SL 67 Darkwraith alternating between hosting/invading.

My average wait time was one whopping minute, with most being near instant.

Each host allowed me to buff, and bow. I was NEVER backstabbed. (Not even fished)

I saw very, very few abusive spamming and/or broken mechanics being exploited

In 3-1/2 hours, I got 58 humanity, was only ganked 3x by the same gang, and engaged in wonderful conversations post-duel. I shared build ideas, complimented folks with original builds. ROFLed my *** off with a guy because we mutually killed each other three invasions in a row.

If you are a console user, and you are reading this, I just want say:

-Stop ***** about PVP and praise the sun you dont ruin this potential PVP haven

-With the bonfire right there, folks dont have to worry about refilling buffs between invasions.

-The area is open, and it is conducive to dueling.

-Folks are competitive, almost 99% solo and using dried finger to get duels.

Stay Classy PS3, and thank you PC community!
    Xbox, I am sorry you have to pay for Xbox Live, but I hope this cheers you up

I am sorry for the rant, but I hope its refreshing to hear a non-***** one...

Be sure to post your complaints, concerns, compliments, criticism, and bold conclusions in the thread.

Thank You, and that will be all... exhales Proper Bow

H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

PC = Amazing PVP Please Read! Empty Re: PC = Amazing PVP Please Read!

Post by H3adShotty Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:09 am

I've had quite allot of success in invading on my darkmoon and darkwraith toon, i'm really looking forward to getting my gravelord down there also, infected Oolacile township is nasty! But as sad as it is, everywhere else is deserted practically, including Anor Londo. sad

Save for the turtles, there has been many great duels to have been had! PC = Amazing PVP Please Read! 639795459
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 am

Maybe you find some places deserted due to your particular SL... IDK. I just started PVPing with my raw non+particular built character at SL 53 in Undead Perish today... Well... It was 00.30AM GMT+2 when I started invading/waiting to be invaded. It was 7.30AM when I realized that I need to pack-up and go to work %) I spent amazing 7 hours of non-stop PVP with a maximum of 5 minutes of idle time. I met 1 hacker with infinite HP. 1 Darkwraith douche spamming Pyro stuff (and BSing me when I bowed 1st time). 2 guys that actually politely asked me to leave them alone, since they had hard time actually beating the game. AND a ton of cool guys I fought. I won, I lost, we draw. And that was hell of a fun!
    Well now I'm sitting at work and considering taking a nap... Seriously happy Prostration
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:48 am

I'm annoyed that I can get invaded on my low level sl 20 character, but haven't been able to summon any white phantoms so far. It's even more annoying because it's a sorcerer and doesn't have that much PVP offensive capability at the moment.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 am

I've been having great success duelling in this location also at sl72 or so.

I wonder how much more I can level before getting out of range for most people? my current char is low vit/end and think I need to round it out a bit to me a little more viable in PvP.

If I use magic, I can usually win - but rather enjoying the melee dueling instead, but at 20 Vit/End - can't really take much abuse.

RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 am

I would really love to hear input from people in regards to sl99 and 120 at this location!
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 am

I had some good action there too. Kinda odd that one spot is so hot while other popular areas and even the Manus area right below the Township are totally empty even for white signs. I'm kinda wondering if the servers are treating specific areas differently/inconsistently.

Given how little I know about how the server system actually works, I suppose anything is possible.
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am

Well that area is directly close to the arena, and it is awesome and mobless for pvp.

There's really no reason to be in chasm of the abyss other than to beat the boss and farm humanity, and took me about 20 minutes to explore the whole area, and then get to the boss.

For white phantoms, I waited 5 minutes for a sign, none appeared, and then for the first time in my souls career I decided to write "Need knight" dunno if it was coincidence or not(not sure how orange sign works) but immediatly another message popped saying "Try humanity".

I waited a couple more minutes and white sign ended up popping. We tried the boss, died, the person messaged me asking if I wanted to try again, and the sign was there again.
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 am

I figured it would be a great spot to invade since lots of people want an assist with Manus and there is so much humanity in the area to burn trying for summons. Thought for sure trying to invade there would result in meeting a few teams of 2 or 3 making their way to the boss gate. But I had real trouble invading there.

Tried the opposite tack, maybe put down my sign and get summoned to help. Nada. Very long wait times in between summons.

Could just be observer bias or a weird fluke when I was trying, but to me it seemed like the area was pecuiliarly dead for online play.
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah true manus is a fun fight. And good point, there is indeed a lot of humanity around so getting invaded wouldn't be much of an annoyance for anyone.

Apart from me not really wanting to spend any more time there other than rush sif and then the boss on my next play throughs, I don't see why it is dead. (not that the area is bad, those sorcerers just annoy me so much. if it was only those weird ghasts, and a couple of melee creeps, I wouldn't mind)
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 am

Also, Royal Wood is semi-active. With the kalmeet boss gate up - can summon/be invaded at the door to where you fight to Artorias - makes for a nice arena to fight in. Although frequently I'd end up invading people just starting the area and don't have the short-cut open yet, makes for a rather long run to find them.
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:16 pm

SL100 and getting in 1 of 10 cases a normal duel. The rest is just fishing for backstabs or spaming spells :\
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:24 pm

RCPD_STARS wrote:I would really love to hear input from people in regards to sl99 and 120 at this location!

Im currently at 100 (for the arena... I dont understand why everyone stops at 99 :| ) and it's a bit hit and miss for me. avergage maybe 4 an hour.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Purity wrote:Yeah true manus is a fun fight.

Wait... you were saying manus truely is a good fight, right?

Not that.. "True Manus" is a good fight... right?
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 pm

The reason you didn't get backstabbed, or had solid mechanics used against you because most if not all of those players you faced, were noobs.

So basically what you are saying is that you faced a bunch of noobs and probably had a decent win/loss ratio, so you call that "Amazing PVP".

I have to be way less creative with backstab fishing tactics on the PC than on the PS3, and I have a better win/loss ratio on PC, but that doesn't mean its better. If most players were actually worthy competitors then maybe I wouldn't be such of a backstab fisherman. Why do I backstab fish? Because most players are noobs and either try to be super aggressive and attack/whiff till their bar is gone, or sit behind a shield and occasionally stick a poke out, and backstabs just happen to the the best way of dealing with that.

Only thing on PC you have to worry about are people with trainers that got the infinite health/spells/1hkos, activated. And you know what? I don't even get mad if someone does that to me, I just laugh and move on.

Last edited by BackstabFisherman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm

BackstabFisherman wrote:The reason you didn't get backstabbed, or had solid mechanics used against you because most if not all of those players you faced, were noobs.

So basically what you are saying is that you faced a bunch of noobs and probably had a decent win/loss ratio, so you call that "Amazing PVP".

I have to be way less creative with backstab fishing tactics on the PC than on the PS3, and I have a better win/loss ratio on PC, but that doesn't mean its better. If most players were actually worthy competitors then maybe I wouldn't be such of a backstab fisherman. Why do I backstab fish? Because most players are noobs and either try to be super aggressive and attack/whiff till their bar is gone, or sit behind a shield and occasionally stick a poke out, and backstabs just happen to the the best way of dealing with that.

You could say "noobs" or you could say that its what some players call "honor" in dark souls or you could say its "noobs that use honor". I think he probably prefers people that dont backstab fish all the time.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    BackstabFisherman wrote:The reason you didn't get backstabbed, or had solid mechanics used against you because most if not all of those players you faced, were noobs.

You could say "noobs" or you could say that its what some players call "honor" in dark souls or you could say its "noobs that use honor". I think he probably prefers people that dont backstab fish all the time.

In most fights, I usually land a backstab within 5 seconds or less, and don't even have to fish, I go off what they give me, a free backstab. If they prove they are an aggressive R1 spammy, or turtler noob, I don't even have to fish, or bait them. They fish and bait themselves. Some of them even try to run after they get their HP low, just to find out running while over 50% is giving me a free backstab. When people use tactics like that, why do I even need to fish? Basically they are chum in the water for a hungry shark.

Instead of complaining about backstab fishers, why don't people just learn to play better and counter it?

You know I used to play fighting games, and people would complain about throws being cheap because if you sat there and blocked or turtled too much, someone could just walk up and throw you. And I'd beat a lot of people by walking up and tick/throwing, tag them with a jab, then throw. But that never worked against anyone good, they would light me up. I got so much hate mail on SF4 because I'd pick Blanka and just tick throw people to death. They call me cheap while they themselves were a Dragon Punch spamming/whiffing Ken/Ryu/Akuma.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 pm

mr bs fisher. how do you counter a dead angling falchion user who uses the "lag-nick" bs cancel trick? and it is likely that tricks like the one i mention aren't prolific on pc but that doesn't stop it from being fun happy, noobs can discover new things since they're willing to try things that look stupid to old-timers like us. any way all that really matters is the OP had fun and wanted to share, differences in fighting style may produce different results though.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:22 pm

BackstabFisherman wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

In most fights, I usually land a backstab within 5 seconds or less, and don't even have to fish, I go off what they give me, a free backstab. If they prove they are an aggressive R1 spammy, or turtler noob, I don't even have to fish, or bait them. They fish and bait themselves. Some of them even try to run after they get their HP low, just to find out running while over 50% is giving me a free backstab. When people use tactics like that, why do I even need to fish? Basically they are chum in the water for a hungry shark.

Instead of complaining about backstab fishers, why don't people just learn to play better and counter it?

You know I used to play fighting games, and people would complain about throws being cheap because if you sat there and blocked or turtled too much, someone could just walk up and throw you. And I'd beat a lot of people by walking up and tick/throwing, tag them with a jab, then throw. But that never worked against anyone good, they would light me up. I got so much hate mail on SF4 because I'd pick Blanka and just tick throw people to death. They call me cheap while they themselves were a Dragon Punch spamming/whiffing Ken/Ryu/Akuma.

Thats all cool man, not judging, dont care happy You paid for the game you backstab peopl all over town. I'm particularly sad about the HR nerf if i'm honest sad

I was just saying the OP no doubt prefers to play against people who dont backstab alot, as its kind of an unspoken rule in a large part of the community, which is why he would call what he experienced in Oolacile township "Amazing PvP" happy

Edit: Oh I used to play Akuma too! I didn't spam **** though lol
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm

The scene this afternoon was not nearly as good as last night. About 1/2 of the folks were trying to beat the area and not hosting for pvp.

I hope to see more what I saw last night tonight, as I will be half-watching monday night football while invading from 9pm-1am eastern time USA.

I would not readily lump so hastily and subjectively lump everything into one category BSfisher. Many of the folks I chatted with were PS3 and 360 vets.

The experience I had most closely reminded me of the burg. Tons of fast-rolling and timing based combat. 2 people testing each other, each waiting to punish an opponents mistake or expose a tendency. Coupled with short wait times, people bowing and buffing, and a competitive atmosphere made it enjoyable for me.

BS-fishing, (since thats where the conversation went) is a part of the PVP experience. I can easily see how people could get frustrated when their opponent focuses solely on scoring a BS. That strategy, coupled with unfamiliarity with dark souls' inherit delay between where you appear on someones screen vs where you actually are, and poof, your enjoyment of the game is gone and you feel cheated.

I guess I have just played long enough to not really notice the delay, experienced PVPers simply understand the opponent is ahead of where they appear on screen. I think thats where your grief about so many people complaining regarding your strategy is rooted.

Even so, unless it is super laggy, a BS is avoidable as well as punishable. Not too different than Pursuers+dark bead or WOTG x6 in rapid succession. Once you learn the timing, you are ok. Maybe you just ran into folk that don't have that simple caveat down yet? A case could be made that all of these strategies are cheap, as well as being a crutch, but folks will never know how to avoid them without encountering them and learning from it.

Seriously one guy ran up and BKGA r1-spammed me as I was bowing yesterday, and after a polite mention of etiquette, he actually said sorry I just get backstabbed otherwise. Shtuff like that ( although a weak excuse) upsets me. I simply refer folk to EWGF's Utube videos.

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 pm

wait till you start to get hackers with life hacks
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Hackers flock the forest from what I have seen. Watched my phantom run up to a red phantom and WOTG each other for 5 straight minutes...

I just walked off the cliff.

Just now at the township, I got invaded by the same people 1-2 about 30 seconds staggered.

Phantom 2 watched me fight phantom one and we both made the "frustrated" empty item gesture when phantom 1 ran away or hid behind phantom 2.

After both times I killed phantom 1, phantom 2 and I had great duels and went 1-1.

The courtesy and Noobish honor I keep seeing makes me soo happy and optimistic for the PC community.

I have to look twice because I often feel like I am dueling at SL120 in the burg on ps3.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 pm

RCPD_STARS wrote:Hackers flock the forest from what I have seen. Watched my phantom run up to a red phantom and WOTG each other for 5 straight minutes...

I just walked off the cliff.

Just now at the township, I got invaded by the same people 1-2 about 30 seconds staggered.

Phantom 2 watched me fight phantom one and we both made the "frustrated" empty item gesture when phantom 1 ran away or hid behind phantom 2.

After both times I killed phantom 1, phantom 2 and I had great duels and went 1-1.

The courtesy and Noobish honor I keep seeing makes me soo happy and optimistic for the PC community.

I have to look twice because I often feel like I am dueling at SL120 in the burg on ps3.

dude i was going to say you described the Burg on the PS3 till your last comment. i invade at SL100 and i get amazing duels, if some one invades when im fighting host they always wait, i even invaded into a 4 way naked fist party of 3 red phantoms and the host. it was incredible.

in the past 4 nights i have only been ganked once, but i cut him slack because they were both naked wearing the huge towel wrap head piece, and both did the channler R2 dance after i died.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 pm

I dont why so many ppl are still hating on BS...
    on console you had retarded lag and pvp wasnt that great IMO becouse it was all about phantom hits/vortext backstabs/setup parries(becouse you couldnt parry attacks visually thanks to lag).
    But on Pc lag is reduced, Bs angle is smaller and BS dmg is reduced on top of that.

Now if you think that you can to your scythe plunging or greatsword running attacks all day and be safe becouse you can roll after that to avoid normal attacks, then youre wrong most of the time becouse most players will and should punish with a BS. There are tons of things you could get aways with if it werent for backstabs and you should take BSes into consideration if you use those things
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Spent all night Invading at SL 65 on township and it was amazing! Apart from a hacker or something like that, that kept popping up, and another jerk, I had some good duels, even people trying to complete the level would most of the time bow to me.

Few times I got 1v2'd but both of them bowed before they teamed me! Even complimented me for the effort.

Also, note that you can run from township all the way to Manus' fog door while invading, so I also got a couple of nice hunts going.

Sure there were a few guys spamming Wrath of the Gods, but even those were pretty fun fights to me. Honestly don't know why people complain to much.

I'm not exactly a PVP expert, but I'm loving getting some fights in this area.

Last edited by Purity on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 pm