Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question

UnknownVoid

Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question Empty Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question

Post by UnknownVoid Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:10 am

It is my understanding that when a covenant is left or betrayed, you lose half of the progress you have towards rankings (If this is incorrect, please correct me).

If this is the case, is it possible to turn in enough so that no rank is lost despite losing half upon leaving the covenant?

For example, if I am in Blade of the Darkmoon, is it possible to turn in 160 Souvenirs of Reprisal (so I am at 80, or Rank 3, even after leaving)?
    Also, would I retain the bonus for being Rank 3 after leaving?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question Empty Re: Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question

Post by Yukon Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:12 am

Unless something changed in the DLC, I'm pretty sure you start off at rank 0, no half no nothing. Back to square one. However, you cannot get the prize items again, such as spells or invasion items. All you will earn is rank and potential scaling if its applicable to your cov. Good news is you don't lose these when you leave, but you might lose the ability to use spells, like the gwynevern healing spells and dark moon blade until you rejoin.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question Empty Re: Covenant Ranking After Leaving Question

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 am

When you leave you get to a lower rank. If you join again you get a 50% discount of covenant offerings to rank up again. So if you were rank 3 and leave, then join again you need offer 25 ears instead of the 50 you need to get to rank 3 again. You lose the rank 3 bonus if you leave.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:48 am

Hm.. Learn something new every day. Is that only if you don't join another cov inbetween or always wyrm?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 am

I've done it by joining another covenant after leaving, then joining again.
    UnknownVoid

Post by UnknownVoid Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

So, if I am understanding right, you are put down to half of your Rank regardless of the amount above the rank you have. So, no matter how far above 80 (Rank 3) I am, I will always be put to 40 upon leaving. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:41 am