Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Forum Pirate
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
dianaduh
Spurgun
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
n0rain
ROOSTER330
Tolvo
Rifter7
15 posters

My thoughts on the reputation system.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

My thoughts on the reputation system. - Page 3 Empty Re: My thoughts on the reputation system.

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:09 pm

While i'm still rather new at these forums i do believe the idea of being able to add the reason for an upvote/downvote to be awesome, however i'd more than understand if it weren't possible.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

My thoughts on the reputation system. - Page 3 Empty Re: My thoughts on the reputation system.

Post by Marino. Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Those Numbers influence us more than we think .

In another Forum i recently joined i made helpfull post which got ignored . I payed it no mind , just to find out that -on the same thread- 2 Pages later someone with a high rating posted pretty much the exact same thing and he got upvoted for it .

Ive experienced this many times on said Forum. It was frustrating as hell, so much that i decided to leave .

I think there shouldnt be a counter for our total Rep, but rather just for the Post itself . Because even someone with -10 Rep can make a Post just as helpfull as someone wit 30 Rep .
    And if we remove that counter there should be much less biases .

just my 0.02 $
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Marino. wrote:Those Numbers influence us more than we think .

In another Forum i recently joined i made helpfull post which got ignored . I payed it no mind , just to find out that -on the same thread- 2 Pages later someone with a high rating posted pretty much the exact same thing and he got upvoted for it .

Ive experienced this many times on said Forum. It was frustrating as hell, so much that i decided to leave .

I think there shouldnt be a counter for our total Rep, but rather just for the Post itself . Because even someone with -10 Rep can make a Post just as helpfull as someone wit 30 Rep .

just my 0.02 $

i now deserve an up rep lol!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 pm

My true rep is 47.:x
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 pm

just my 0.02 $

Very true, Its funny to see someone practically copy/paste your response and get rep ups for it becaude they are better known or have higher rep already
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:12 pm

ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

Very true, Its funny to see someone practically copy/paste your response and get rep ups for it becaude they are better known or have higher rep already

I feel your pain silly
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

I feel your pain silly

LMAO! You got rep for that! Thats tooo funny
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

I feel your pain silly

Actually it was me who gave Serious rep XD

I liked how he ridiculed my post lol!
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am

Marino. wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

I feel your pain silly

lol
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:55 am

Don't give Serious anymore rep, he already has enough silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 am

Marino. wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

I feel your pain silly

I didn't ridicule it, I was just showing how amazingly true it was lol!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:51 pm

*Qoute Pyramid incoming !*

Serious_Much wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

I feel your pain silly

Heh, tell me about it .

Anyway any thoughts about my suggestion ? It probably wont change much though, now that i think about it .
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Marino. wrote:*Qoute Pyramid incoming !*

Serious_Much wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

just my 0.02 $

I feel your pain silly

Heh, tell me about it .

Anyway any thoughts about my suggestion ? It probably wont change much though, now that i think about it .

Well, I also gave Serious rep for that, so there. tongue
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Stop giving him more rep. He has enough already silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 am

bah humbug.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 am

I don't post much, so I like the reputation system. It would let someone new to the forum understand that I generally offer helpful advice. However, I don't really post much anymore sine I posted my "magnum opus" (heh) on Dark Souls PvP. I figure these days, if someone wants to a build in direct contradiction to what I have written then I figure that's a personal choice. I still look around in case there is ever anything I feel I could add to, but I don't see much anymore; everyone does a great job helping the new players that probably don't want to look over the guide. However, my reputation is still there if I need it, and I essentially agree with everything Rifter7 has posted.

As an aside, I faced you a few times with an alt. account Rifter, you have got a lot better.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am

heh thanks.. i'd imagine we've dueled unbeknownst to me in the burg more than once before..

was i flipping around in giants, using dingy/big hat or just plain doing stupid stuff with a weapon i probably shouldn't be using? comparing duels from there isn't going to really give a good example of skill all the time, especially if we've dueled more than once..

ex. a few days ago i found ghadis while using the murakumo and trying to roll backstep everywhere.
    guy probably thought i was on drugs.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 am

Would you believe me if I said all 3, and more? You seem to have most of the basics down to a certain degree, but everyone could always use more work on appropriate spacing, criticals, and mix-ups. Your weakest aspect so far is being unpredictable, and to improve that, counter-intuitively, you need to work on having a better plan. While constantly playing will eventually give you the same result, try this as a mental exercise for next few fights: at every point in the fight, try to establish an immediate goal.

To edificate on this, let's look an example between say you using a Murakumo and being up against, say, a Claymore. Imagine both of you are preparing for the inevitable patch, and have both scraped together 53 poise. Since you know that a Claymore is not a weapon that can hit someone running with ease, you decide then that you are going to aim to land the very viable running attack. With that as the goal, you can obscure it from your opponent; it's no longer an instinct, it's not something your opponent can feel for if you hide your intention well.

Let's go through how you might choose to actually achieve this goal you set out for yourself. To make it less apparent that you are going to try to land a running attack, you throw a few intentionally whiffed blows into the air; you make it look like you are trying to land normal attacks as they approach you. During these whiffed attacks is the perfect time to start holding down the 'O' to prepare an instant sprint. Once you get the correct spacing to land the running attack, you go for it!

During all this set up, you get a chance to see the nuances of your opponent, and this lets you choose another goal to go after. Say you notice him doing backsteps into running attacks a lot, you could try to land a jump attack for massive damage by baiting a backstep with the spacing you want. Another tick your hypothetical opponent might have is doing the one-handed thrust attack of the Claymore whenever you start running towards him. You could aim to get a roll-backstab by running with guard up, and rolling when he makes the attack; if you are running while blocking, you won't jump, which is helpful for situations like this, and lets you threaten more space once you get the feel for it.

This is just a mental exercise to help develop a sense of what one should be doing automatically, and I find myself using it whenever I get stuck in a rut, or trying to learn a new weapon. It might not work for you, but if you do try to do this, the most important thing is making sure you understand what you are going for. Muttering under your breath might be useful for the first attempt, but the goal is to get it deep enough in one's head that they don't even need to think of it anymore. However, I got a gut feeling that this might be just the sort of thing that could really put you over the top.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:54 am

whats your psn?

it's cool that you're giving advice, but i expect to just be a lazy bum and deal with bs fishers and basic spell spamage in the burg after work.

if you want to basically be grading me during a fight the least i'd want is to know someones doing it ahah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:13 am