Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
cloudyeki
Glutebrah
Wisp
n0rain
Forum Pirate
Noob-of-Artorias
Rifter7
11 posters

weapon synergies

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

weapon synergies Empty weapon synergies

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 am

i've been digging 3 sets lately..

rapier/claymore
    -rapiers got a nice run r1, r1 behind shield and is handy with backstabs... when i want to roll more, back off a bit or they back off i swap to claymore
    -claymore can reach pretty damned far with the 1h r2 and 2h roll r1, combo nicely from 1h roll r1 to r2 and 2h r1 to r2, stunlocks wiffed attacks, has a nice jump r2 for parries and can dead angle with the dash r1.

falchion/sks
    -i always 2h falchions. roll r1 is a 360 attack, the dash r1 is an uppercut that can be combo'd with a redirectable r2 and then r1 spam, great for stunlocking low poise builds, does great unlocked. it forces players to back off as well.. that's when i swap to sks.
    -sks has insane r1 range, can r1 poke behind a shield, and is virtually unparryable. i'm not really sold on it's other movesets but they look pretty damned versatile with a horizontal slash and a decent ranged r2 and decent roll r1's. the spear forces players to either back off entirley or move in close for the falchion, so they work pretty nicely together.
    -all the above sets work pretty great with composite bows too.

cblade/gscythe or lifehunt
    -cblades got that nice r1 and crazy damage that works well with its available kick. it's roll r1 is boss too, and the dash r1 is pretty amazing as well.
    -the gscythe or lifehunt i pull out when they start to back off or pull out the shield, so i've got the dash r1 to chase, a sweeping jump r2 if i don't want to break lock and break a parry and a r2 i can redirect after a dash r1 that also dead angles. i can jump r2 out of an unlocked r2 and stay locked on with very little worry, or backstep out of a whiffed r2 with some armor of thorns on to cancel a bs if im lucky and get a redirectable dash r1 out of it, too.
    -the lifehunt i don't throw r2's out as much.. i'll focus more on dash r1's, locking them into r1 chains if they whiff attacks and catching them in backstabs to proc a bleedout.
    -both these weapons work great with my pyros as well.

what kinds of weapons have you guys found that work well together on quickswap?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

weapon synergies Empty Re: weapon synergies

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Any GS/Rapier combo is good in my book, but my favorite combo is MLGS/Ricards with CMW. start off fast with ricards, when the buff runs out, either reapply or switch to MLGS for a surprise stunlock!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 pm

DGM/large club

DGM deadangles and defends against backstabs, it also has the roll r1 for reach but is ultimately a defensive weapon that relies on trading and punishing mistakes and has troubles against spells/bows/spears

The large club, because the pressuring the opponent with the roll r1s is an excellent counter to spears/bows/spells and it can be used effectively in one hand to allow for turtling/parrying.

Its a heavy combo, but they really do cover eachothers weaknesses quite well, spears are still annoying but I feel the same way no matter what weapon I'm using.

Iaito or uchi/sks

I really don't think I have to explain this one, its even more dangerous with a talismin/flame in the off hand.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm

GLGS/Winged Spear ftw. Stunlock + ranged melee equals nightmarish potential. The roll attack for the spear is particularly useful.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Estoc + Great Scythe (and a bow)
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm starting to really dig using the BSS as a back up to my chaos blade, quick switch R2 after a roll
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:15 pm

HW Great Scythe + Composite Bow. A match made for the burg. Likewise great scythe and flamberge in dark londo.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:54 pm

has anyone tried the sunlight straight sword with certain strength weapons? that thing looks really good too... bet it'd go nicely with a halberd or washing pole.

btw eki my brain isn't working atm, what's hw on gscythe stand for again?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Hidden Weapon, probably.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:01 pm

derp.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:05 pm

glute you should be the guinea pig and test washing pole/sunlight straightsword!

that's basically the same movesets but you get more reach and a different 1h moveset with the bss instead?

Spoiler:
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I never actually used the sunlight sword before, what is the R2 like??

And speaking if washing pole I need to make a new washing pole build, would need to be a 40/40 build.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 pm

you can get away with 27/40.

the 1h r2 is the same as balders, but the 2h r2 is a sweep i think? i was playing with it last night.
    it's range looks way smaller than it actually is, but it is shorter than the bss.

BUT if you go 27/40 2 handing the sunlight straight sword does more damage than the balder. the balder beats it 1 handed tho.

the washing pole i dont need to tell you about. its just a giant uchigatana thats a bit slower and has laggier hits.

sounds really similar to what your doing with the bss and cblade tho... might offer more options.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I used to have a SL23 with a lightening washing pole and lightening avelyn I would use to invade the klin.... man I loved that set up. I should remake him.

The washing pole has a super long huge reach R2, wouldn't make sense to swap to a sunlight or balder sword for a thrust attack, the washing pole does it better.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

but the sunlight sword does it faster.

i think.. i'll be back.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 am

Don't know if this could apply to off hand weapons, but any Str weapon and a crossbow in the off hand is true love.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:02 am

WyrmHero wrote:Don't know if this could apply to off hand weapons, but any Str weapon and a crossbow in the off hand is true love.

Avelyn and Washing pole is the truest of love. i really need to bring back that set up

hmm SL50 arena any one?? http://tinyurl.com/9r9knp8

Last edited by Glutebrah on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Don't know if this could apply to off hand weapons, but any Str weapon and a crossbow in the off hand is true love.

Avelyn and Washing pole is the truest of love. i really need to bring back my SL23 guy

I smell sex and candy hair!...

Well What is it
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am

Rifter7 wrote:falchion/sks
    -i always 2h falchions. roll r1 is a 360 attack, the dash r1 is an uppercut that can be combo'd with a redirectable r2 and then r1 spam, great for stunlocking low poise builds, does great unlocked. it forces players to back off as well.. that's when i swap to sks.
    -sks has insane r1 range, can r1 poke behind a shield, and is virtually unparryable. i'm not really sold on it's other movesets but they look pretty damned versatile with a horizontal slash and a decent ranged r2 and decent roll r1's. the spear forces players to either back off entirley or move in close for the falchion, so they work pretty nicely together.

This combination is ridiculously easy to bait into a parry. It's a terrible combination.

Frustrate them by blocking their SKS hits, roll in and parry. 90% of the time they'll try to poke again or attack with falch. Easily knocks off most of their hp on the riposte, then GC them into oblivion.

It gets even easier with lag because they don't see you roll into them until it's too late, at that point they've already hit R1 and you blip in front of their faces and BOOM.
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Avelyn + hvy/lght crossbow

nothing says badass like dual wielding a pair of crossbows. I'm pretty sure we'll being seeing this along with the chester set for maximum effect. I know I'm going to be rocking that.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:
    Rifter7 wrote:falchion/sks

This combination is ridiculously easy to bait into a parry. It's a terrible combination.

Frustrate them by blocking their SKS hits, roll in and parry. 90% of the time they'll try to poke again or attack with falch. Easily knocks off most of their hp on the riposte, then GC them into oblivion.

It gets even easier with lag because they don't see you roll into them until it's too late, at that point they've already hit R1 and you blip in front of their faces and BOOM.

you roll in i back off.. im not going to stab u point blank haha. if i plan to i'll kick u instead, or i'll r1 shield poke while you're locked into an animation.

if theres lag that sks is going to be hitting you before you roll with phantom hits.

when i attack with the falchion i'm unlocked and doing r1 circles around you if you're hopefully stunlocked. i havent been parried doing that since im hitting them with the side of the swing, and ive seen people spamming parry before they get stunlocked.

gc does hurt the falchion tho. if i see you have it and i cant break your poise its hopeless to try and get a stunlock. i'll just slash and dash.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:17 pm