Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

something wierd

lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

something wierd Empty something wierd

Post by lonewolf Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

I was darkwraithing in TOG and I met thi phantom that was using WOG but I hit him once and tok no damage but got staggered hit a second time and I get knocked down by the spell but take no damage whatsoever. Was using a greatsword and no shield and we hit each other at the same time
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

something wierd Empty Re: something wierd

Post by bmurn Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Might have been using force, as opposed to wrath of god. I don't believe it causes any damage, but looks the same.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:30 pm

I thik force only staggers players and I was using darkwraith armor at the time
    maybe it had something to do with the fact that I hit him the same time the spell hit me

Last edited by lonewolf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new idea/ speculation)
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Force can get knock downs, if he was spamming it he probably drained your poise with the first hit then got the knock down, the range and hit times with force and WOG can lag out sometimes, well a lot of times... They seem to have the timing delay of parries so it feels like it misses then stagger from nowhere.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 pm

AzureCrow wrote:Force can get knock downs, if he was spamming it he probably drained your poise with the first hit then got the knock down, the range and hit times with force and WOG can lag out sometimes, well a lot of times... They seem to have the timing delay of parries so it feels like it misses then stagger from nowhere.

This is probably what happened. If connection is too bad, you can easily see that you'll have a damage and action delay. So when you hit him and he takes no damage, don't worry because its only lag. Same for force, and yes, it can knockdown.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:45 am