Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion)

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion) Empty Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion)

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:06 pm

I've been trying the different fireball pyros, and it seemed like smaller ones like the basic fireball have faster cast times (and possibly range?). Not sure if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me or not...anyone know if this is true, or are all fireballs the same speed and range?
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion) Empty Re: Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion)

Post by Boogerwood Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:37 pm

I think you're right. The chaos fire ball seems like it takes FOREVER to launch. It's been hotly debated whether or not leveling pyro speeds it up as well as DEX! I've seen YouTube videos (unless faked) that seemed to show higher DEX speeds up casting time. This may have been settled, but that was the last I heard. I don't think this helped, but hopefully it directs you toward an answer.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion) Empty Re: Do some pyro spells have faster cast time (excluding Combustion)

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:25 pm

The reason I asked is, I remember all the sorceries had different cast times (soul arrow vs heavy soul arrow, for instance). I figured it might be the same for Pyro. The whole Pyro school is useful, but tricky. The limited range means you have to be very aware of cast times, or you can get interruped (in light armor). I love Combustion for slogging through tough areas, but the fireballs seem to work better for me on bosses.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Dex increases casting time for all spells, but pyros are affected the most. The speed increase caps at 45 dex, after that their is no benefit to increasing dex.
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Boogerwood Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Same for Spells? I'm launching a Caster character and was probably doing Dex anyway. I'm putting a lot into INT and DEX (and debating which is better, VIT or END?)
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Yep, spells get a speed boost as well, just not to the degree that pyros do. Miracles do too, a sunlight spear cast with 45 dex is double the speed.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I did a quick test with Soul Arrows a while ago, and they cast 20% faster with 45 Dex as opposed to base. That being said... 20% ends up being about 2 tenths of a second (I forget the exact number... but it's in a thread I created, if you want to look it up). 2 tenths of a second, when you're only casting them one at a time, is a marginal difference. I did not test pyro--I know it gets faster, but I don't know by how much percentage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 am