Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Krasouski
Wilkinson3424
IV_Mark_VI
Serious_Much
passivefamiliar
Anonymous Proxy
Desiani
reim0027
Tolvo
fujiphoenix
Isirith
Knight Alundil
Onion Knight
Derpwraith
vatar5
TehInfamousAmos
Forum Pirate
ChizFreak
VeranoChico
DoughGuy
RANT
callipygias
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
Lord of Ash
29 posters

Glitch Be Gone

Poll

Do you thing the BB glitch should be patched?

[ 49 ]
    Glitch Be Gone - Page 4 I_vote_lcap65%Glitch Be Gone - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [65%] 
    [ 26 ]
    Glitch Be Gone - Page 4 I_vote_lcap35%Glitch Be Gone - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [35%] 

Total Votes: 75
    Poll closed
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Glitch Be Gone - Page 4 Empty Re: Glitch Be Gone

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't think this forum will down rep for that though. Most of us who are against it have used it. Not all, but most. It almost ruined the game for me for a while there. After that I decided I'd play through NG but leave everything glitched in my box, but it didn't matter, I knew I had 47 Gwyn souls and 24 slabs and whatever. Just knowing I had access to it all changed the experience.

Starting from scratch on PC has been a blast. You know, going through New Londo and seeing a Dark Wraith light up is exciting again because I only have 2 chunks and I need 1 more to upgrade my Falchion... but wait, should I upgrade my shield instead? I didn't realize how much I missed that aspect of the game.

Glitch free is the only way to go.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

oh I know what you mean I played the game for a few months got bored and I learned how to mod but don't worry I didn't go crazy with power I mostly played offline and only traded or spared with friends and it does make the game exiting for like one playthrough then its extremely boring I recommend everyone play once with a nodded account offline after having beaten the game over and over because it is theriputic now I no longer mod that's way in the past but now I relish dying though I rarely do and I still fight like a nodded no shields dual wielding and I get in your face with my weapons and of coarse no back stabbing. so I understand more than most people the allure of clutching and modders. and I don't encourage either but I understand them and thing they have a right to play how they wish even things a part of the game like stagger from big swords people complain and call that cheating or using spells over and over I just want people to be able to play any way they want without being judged or criticized.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:23 pm

LordofAsh wrote:oh I know what you mean I played the game for a few months got bored and I learned how to mod but don't worry I didn't go crazy with power I mostly played offline and only traded or spared with friends and it does make the game exiting for like one playthrough then its extremely boring I recommend everyone play once with a nodded account offline after having beaten the game over and over because it is theriputic now I no longer mod that's way in the past but now I relish dying though I rarely do and I still fight like a nodded no shields dual wielding and I get in your face with my weapons and of coarse no back stabbing. so I understand more than most people the allure of clutching and modders. and I don't encourage either but I understand them and thing they have a right to play how they wish even things a part of the game like stagger from big swords people complain and call that cheating or using spells over and over I just want people to be able to play any way they want without being judged or criticized.
    Sorry to say, but please, stop making annoyingly long & unorganized posts. You really think we want to read a huge block of text? I'm just curious, but how old are you?
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Yes, this will force us to work for the things we want for our new builds, helping us with our skill and helping us just generally understand the game more, this means no more griefers at the burg who are SL 10 with the best stuff in the game, it also means no more x99 Divine blessings! i think this would be better for all of us whether you agree or not.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm

InfiniteDoomsday wrote:
    LordofAsh wrote:oh I know what you mean I played the game for a few months got bored and I learned how to mod but don't worry I didn't go crazy with power I mostly played offline and only traded or spared with friends and it does make the game exiting for like one playthrough then its extremely boring I recommend everyone play once with a nodded account offline after having beaten the game over and over because it is theriputic now I no longer mod that's way in the past but now I relish dying though I rarely do and I still fight like a nodded no shields dual wielding and I get in your face with my weapons and of coarse no back stabbing. so I understand more than most people the allure of clutching and modders. and I don't encourage either but I understand them and thing they have a right to play how they wish even things a part of the game like stagger from big swords people complain and call that cheating or using spells over and over I just want people to be able to play any way they want without being judged or criticized.
    Sorry to say, but please, stop making annoyingly long & unorganized posts. You really think we want to read a huge block of text? I'm just curious, but how old are you?
    This was a very unnecessary post sir, sometimes it takes a few more words in order to get what we are thinking onto a post, because honestly if you dont want to read it then don't. you don't need try to bring people down and make them look stupid, we are all just trying to play a game. Please refrain from saying these thing to people, your not only upsetting the community, but the staff too, we are against this sort of thing.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 am

It won't stop griefers wilk, read back some, its already been explained why it won't stop griefers.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 am

It won't stop determined griefers. It will stop casual ones; there will be a definite drop.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 am

Also, there's a massive difference between glitching your way to having OP gear at low levels and actually going out and getting the items at a low level. If you earn the items you can do whatever you want with them.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:39 am

The other thing is, it will stop the arms race. Most people in the burg/parish will have regular gear, so invaders don't have to worry about 3 guys with MoF/Havels/lightning weapons on them. So they can tone it down too.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 pm

this post is for infinite doomwhatever. Why do you want to know how old I am that's creepy. Also you are a very negative person always insulting people. And since your so negative I don't think you should be allowed to post your ignorant and mildly racist im talking about your post about japanese people being the worst at this game and your other post are just as bad. Im tired of arguing with you that's not why I post these threads. I want to know why people play the way they do not be insulted
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:54 pm

As i said,the dumb griefers that you can backstab 10 times before getting 1-shoted will be gone,it is a good thing...
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Also, there's a massive difference between glitching your way to having OP gear at low levels and actually going out and getting the items at a low level. If you earn the items you can do whatever you want with them.

What? So your beef isn't with griefing, it's the amount of effort they did or didn't put in to be able to do it? I can't decide whether or not I get that. I keep going "On the one hand, I sort of understand where he's coming fro---wait, what the f*ck?"
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 pm

DamageCK wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:Also, there's a massive difference between glitching your way to having OP gear at low levels and actually going out and getting the items at a low level. If you earn the items you can do whatever you want with them.

What? So your beef isn't with griefing, it's the amount of effort they did or didn't put in to be able to do it? I can't decide whether or not I get that. I keep going "On the one hand, I sort of understand where he's coming fro---wait, what the f*ck?"

Well, I think you should be able to play the game any way you want, but cheating has always been out of the question for online play. Dark souls is the first game i've ever came across where people have argued between what is considered a glitch and what is considered a cheat. I don't really get how people can possibly think any glitch is ok.

If you go through the effort of staying at say level 10 and go all the way through the game getting the nice stuff for you character, then go back to the burg/parish and vade people with OP gear then it's a **** move but I wouldn't like... ban that. That's just silly.

Cheating to get the gear, then running out to low level guys is different.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm

And good luck fighting 4 kings at SL 20.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 pm

WyrmHero wrote:And good luck fighting 4 kings at SL 20.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if it was sarcasm then plenty of people have done it at SL 1 happy
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 pm

I guess that makes sense. Nah, it does. I'm just used to hearing the mentality that griefing is, in itself, a form of cheating, so I was taken aback upon hearing something more along the lines of "well, if you earned it--" which I agree with. Pr*ck move, but like you said, they earned it.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:09 pm

DamageCK wrote:I guess that makes sense. Nah, it does. I'm just used to hearing the mentality that griefing is, in itself, a form of cheating, so I was taken aback upon hearing something more along the lines of "well, if you earned it--" which I agree with. Pr*ck move, but like you said, they earned it.

Yeh, most people assume I'm anti BB glitch because of griefers, but actually i'm just trying to be objective about it. happy
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:15 am

Is this thing over yet
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:02 am

I'd like to weigh in on this, as I'm still kinda new and haven't read up on the prior discussions. IMO, I agree that BB glitch hurts PVP, but I believe it also helps COOP. For example, having a Sunbro toon at every proper level for boss runs is awesome. I have 3 Identical Solaire builds at 20, 40 and 60. All three running Solaire armor and a few weps to add some flavor (different enchanted longswords/barbed swords).
    Now, I am SURE this would be completely possible to set up without the BB glitch, but the hours of farming involved would be horrific (lvl 20 Solaire farming chunks anyone?). Will this stop the players with a huge stash already... not really. They will be able to swap out some gear with friends. Will it lower the amount of dedicated Sunbro Solaire builds... assuredly. It will also reduce the ability of doing full Cosplay runs (which I love as well).
    My point is simple, this patch will hurt our whole style of play. We have all seen the benefits of using and exploiting it. The turn of the coin is that we have also seen it abused by impatient lowbie PVPers who just like killing people who are well below gear and skill level. The true measure will be when the dust clears, will our little community gain or wither from this change.

Just my 2 cents, now pardon me while I get back to Sun Praising!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 am

ummm if you are SL 20, and are farming chunks, you are doing co-op wrong. Co-op should us level appropriate gear, and no gear at SL 20 uses chunks.
    Basically your argument is wrong because simply getting to the area you are going to co-op at will give you enough stuff to co-op properly.
    Mister_Eight
    Mister_Eight

Post by Mister_Eight Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:03 am

Heya, I'm new here and I just wanted to add my opinion to this surprisingly alive thread.

Personally, I voted YES to get rid of the glitches, but I've personally used the BB and Dragon Head glitches so I'm far from innocent. The hate for all those that used it, well at least for the forum members here, seems unwarranted. Seeing as the majority are rather forthcoming for their reasons without being judgmental. That said, I too, hope that it routes most of the griefers...but I doubt it. I'll also be honest, it did help with the monotony of farming titanite slabs, I've only legitimately found 4 slabs off of the darkwraiths, lol!
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I believe if you get rid of certain glitches peple will turn to modding and no one can resist the temtation to go all out.there will be immortals everywhere with every item modded into the game, both high and low level.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 pm

That is a very interesting point Ash, and I hope you're wrong lol

It worries me how easy modding a character is. Having looked it up it's literally the time it takes to load up a program on your pc. That's how long it would take to make a level 1 with 9999 health and 9999 stam.

One thing that makes me happy though is that I know of at least one player already who has been banned from the PC edition for modding. He used the DSFix. Of course this is a bit ridiculous considering the things that other people mod in but this makes me happy that there is some policing going on.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 pm

But console is harder to be reported there has to be proof ive got a list of hackers and theyve been reported multiple times but still on live sorry I cant give their names
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Oh no dnt worry about giving me names I report plenty myself. Sick of legitimately beating people only to lose simply because they lost no health. :|

I always get tempted to BC out but then i think "Oh but if I can bleed or kick em off a ledge!" sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:52 am