Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Marino.
FruitPunchNinja
Back Lot Basher
Christoph
IV_Mark_VI
Mr. Tart
TehInfamousAmos
Alara78
Glutebrah
ViralEnsign_
Siegfried.
mugenis4real
Seignar
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
Joichiro
RANT
xSomax
T-King-667
25 posters

Rings discussion

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Rings discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Rings discussion

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Is poise and fast roll all the matters? What about overall defence? I've heard that AR has increasing gains the further up you go. Doesn't an analysis need to go deeper than Roll + Poise, especially if BS and Hornets have been affected?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Hence the setup I posted, it hits the diminishing returns point (350) for physical defense and has elemental defenses around 300 as well. Combined with the fast roll and 76 poise, it has all the defensive aspects it needs.

depending on the strength of the bs/hring nerf it might even have the hp to take a bs from a zweih or dgm and live to tell the tale.

Its also still at sl 92, it has 8 points for the sl 100 arena and 28 points for a 120 duelist, all of these can go into hp if desired bumping the total to 1474 for sl 100 and 1658 for the 120.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Your all seriously this dependent on poise? Sweet baby jesus dont make me pull out my mildred pvp cos-play vid again where i was sl 110 and my enemy's were sl 130 and they were fliping tanks. http://tinyurl.com/9or7rrc Poise and armor isent always needed children.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 pm

No. Just as much as roll isn't needed because I've won and pwned plenty as a fat rolling tank. The reason poise is important is because none of us would be amused getting stunlocked
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Seignar wrote:No. Just as much as roll isn't needed because I've won and pwned plenty as a fat rolling tank. The reason poise is important is because none of us would be amused getting stunlocked
    Then avoid getting stunlocked? Theres other ways besides "Get as much poise as humanly possible while still fast rolling" And besides with the examples you guys showed, with good poise and fast roll the heaviest thing you can hold for a weapon is a tooth pick to poke at people. Dont be afraid of a mid roll either. Now that i think about it, i remember seeing a torny thread where if you had more than 60 poise you had to fat roll, more than 40 you had to mid roll, any less is the fast roll speed. Like sombody else mentiond earlier im starting to wish the wolfs ring was nerfed. Or removed alltogether, a guy wearing cotton while being able to take a greatsword to the face and not get staggered kinda defeats the purpose. of "light armor is there for small protection but high mobility"
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Avoid getting stunlocked is the equivalent of saying "avoid getting hit". It would be no fun if anyone could buff a weapon and turn it into an instant-kill because they can stunlock you. 0 Poise was what created the deadly dual-katana build in DeS, simply getting hit once was enough to kill you even through revival.

Medium roll isn't bad and the only roll with a con is the fat roll if you spam it (lol, why u do that?). It doesn't matter what weapon you have, because any weapon can be deadly. Spears are crazy powerful and most don't even weight a lot.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Seignar wrote:Avoid getting stunlocked is the equivalent of saying "avoid getting hit". It would be no fun if anyone could buff a weapon and turn it into an instant-kill because they can stunlock you. 0 Poise was what created the deadly dual-katana build in DeS, simply getting hit once was enough to kill you even through revival.

Medium roll isn't bad and the only roll with a con is the fat roll if you spam it (lol, why u do that?). It doesn't matter what weapon you have, because any weapon can be deadly. Spears are crazy powerful and most don't even weight a lot.
    You can use the switch wep when your being stun locked? Thats a part of what i ment by me saying "dont get stunlocked" You can use the "switch wep" to get out of it, combine that with the fact your a fast roller and the Greatswords can no longer stun lock after the update which was the biggest issue to everyone when it comes to stun locking.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Weapon Switch works after a 2nd hit, which with a sufficiently powerful weapon, you won't live through. My point stands that being able to poise through attacks is important because then your opponent will get another "free" hit on you, which makes the difference between victory and defeat. You can't weapon switch out of the first hit unless you let yourself get hit (and I wouldn't only do something so risky if I was attempting a backstab)
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Most Used Ring- Favor and Protection

Least Used Rings- Evil Eye, Witch's, Tiny Being, Gold/Silver serpents, Cat Cov ring, slumbering dragon, cursebite...these are rings I may have worn once, and never worn again...

Favorite Combo- Wolf/Favor and Protection
    2nd Fav Combo- Wolf with either Lingering, Bellowing, or Suns (power within vader, pyro, Wotg build respectively)

Changes that I would like to see that wont happen unfortunately-
    I have this strong desire for the blue tearstone ring to be completely changed. I feel defense should be added when one's hp is high instead of too low to save you. I would like to see it activated from 100%-80% hp, once it gets lower it shuts off as your red tear stone ring (the logical combo) gets closer to activating.

I also would like to see this new calamity ring give something besides a silly challenge run. Just seems From has trolled us with this one.

Finally, a 50 point buff to all stone plate rings. That is 100 points Def against fire, magic, or lightning. Also 100 points against physical, and 75 point each when using the speckled. These rings as is are useless, considering you can achieve their added def with soft humanity alone. Also, useless for pvp or higher new games. But hey, this could have been the intention with these specific rings.

Feelings towards the DWGR nerf- Yes!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm not dependant on poise (excluding when I'm using a ugs) but I understand the importance of the roll it plays. Everyone makes mistakes, poise and defense are insurance (or tools to win trades.)

2 hits from a dgm is at least 900 hp, it can get to 1200, if one can avoid taking both hits then one should do so.

I win plenty with my 40 poise pyro, who has 250 defense atm and 938 hp, but when I am hit I sorely miss the better armor that I have been to lazy to go farm. (working on it)
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Seignar wrote:Weapon Switch works after a 2nd hit, which with a sufficiently powerful weapon, you won't live through. My point stands that being able to poise through attacks is important because then your opponent will get another "free" hit on you, which makes the difference between victory and defeat. You can't weapon switch out of the first hit unless you let yourself get hit (and I wouldn't only do something so risky if I was attempting a backstab)
    I could continue our epic discussion on poise by saying "blah blah blah you gotta have lower than 20 vit to die from 2 hits blah blah" But us alone already derailed my thread half to death. But Back on topic. hmm Maybe there should be a cosplay ring of some sort? ( a blessing for me i guess) but a ring Where, when yo equipt the entire set Of a previously fallen hero/villain all stats increase by 10% this includes all defense stats from phys defense to curse res. And all offensive stats aswell, on top of that but it also increases your hp,stam and equip burdon by 10% Wha tdo you guys think? too op?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Personally, I would prefer a new ring that increases status aliment build-up (Excluding items), just so we can have better poison/toxin builds and so Priscilla owns.

I would also want a ring that grants hyper armor for all "large" class weapons.
    And a ring that will allow you to-

*Reminds self this ain't a Christmas list*
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Seignar wrote:Personally, I would prefer a new ring that increases status aliment build-up (Excluding items), just so we can have better poison/toxin builds and so Priscilla owns.

I would also want a ring that grants hyper armor for all "large" class weapons.
    And a ring that will allow you to-

*Reminds self this ain't a Christmas list*
    Im Santa Tarkus What would you like for xmas? In other words share all of your ring ideas lol.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:39 pm

I think it would be cool if there were more offensive rings. Not in terms of adding to raw damage (although perhaps, in limited numbers?), but in terms of altering the conditions of the fight. For instance, what if there was a ring that converted all physical damage from a weapon into magical damage? Divine and magic weapons suddenly start to look very attractive -- but at the cost of a ring slot.

Or what about a ring that gives all weapons the user wields the divine auxiliary effect, and for those weapons that already have it, buffs it? Likewise for bleeding, poison, toxin and occult.

Ooh, this could be a fun one -- what about a ring that works as a reverse red tearstone ring? So it provides something like a 30% damage boost as long as you're over 80% health.

And a ring that provides a parry to weapons used in two hands.

And more. So many potential rings...
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm

the thought of taking and changing your damage type with a ring would actually probably hurt the game more than help. it would take away the need for blacksmiths, and basically ruin the system in that regard. the basis behind the buff rings is interesting, as it doesn't alter the damage you do, but rather, adds an auxiliary effect, and would help a lot with stuff like the catacombs(the divine one anyways) and would put a little more thought and intimidation into PVP. as it is now, you identify the weapon and come up with a counter-measure. but if we had those rings, we'd have to be prepared for anything, even after we identified it. that would bring a lot more thought into PvP. not sure if thats a good or bad thing though

that alter-tearstone one is an interesting thought.... rather than a test of skill, a 1-hit kill situation like i was saying earlier, it rewards the skill you use, and punishes lack of it by consuming estus and humanity's to keep the effect active again, this would be a ring that tests the true skills of a player, but in a different fashion to their low health counterparts. thats a very cool idea siegfried.

that parry thing probably should have been put into the game anyways, because 2-handing completely leaves you open to attacks, or breaks your weapon. thats the reason i either sword and board or dual wield(albeit rarely). if your a ninja flip master i suppose this matters less, but as it stands, i prefer medium armor so i can't really do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:10 am