Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
GrinTwist
DamageCK
Serious_Much
Shakie666
Siegfried.
FellipeMariano
SlakeMoth
Abiathar82
Everynevers
Gazman0169
mugenis4real
FruitPunchNinja
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Knight Alundil
Forum Pirate
TheBigLebowski
The Letter X
reim0027
RANT
Back Lot Basher
StockpileThomas
IV_Mark_VI
Slarg232
Mr. Tart
ChizFreak
29 posters

The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!)

Poll

Who do you think it's the most hated/feared/strong enemy?

[ 13 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap23%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap7%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap11%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 8 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap14%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap2%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap2%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 10 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap18%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap4%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap5%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap0%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap5%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_lcap7%The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 56
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) Empty The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!)

Post by ChizFreak Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I want to know who the community thinks is the most hated/strong/feared enemy.

If your choice is inside the new content, then post a comment saying you voted for it, and specify who's your chosen enemy choice inside a SPOILER.

I have to vote for the BP Skeledogs. Those things are the horror incarnate.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) Empty Re: The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!)

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

I had to vote for hackers. Faced my first hacker ever yesterday, and i can say, it seems pretty damn hard to kill what you can't kill. Shrug

Otherwise i'd go with the bonewheels.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!) Empty Re: The most feared/hated/strong enemy (enter and vote!)

Post by Slarg232 Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Tie vote between Ted and Fred, and the Mushroom Men.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 pm

hated and feared are two totally different things in my books.

Most hated? Decently skilled griefers that taunt.
    Most feared? Bed of Chaos probably. So annoying, always die to that thing.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:37 pm

The Bed of Chaos -_-

Cool lore, lame boss.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Sweet jeebus, that Bed of Chaos isn't even a boss...it's a programming error. Can't stand the annoyance of doing that boss.

But the enemies that get my palms sweaty are always going to be skelly dogs. Terrifiying.

I find it hard to pick human invaders, since they come in all shapes and sizes, some good, some not; some with honor....you get the rest.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:58 pm

i would say bp in general specially those damn dogs and the bk knights, i actually LOVE them, love their ohko.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:59 pm

BP skellie dog for sure.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Bed of Chaos is far and away my most hated enemy in any game that I've ever played.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 pm

In all honesty, I'm not afraid of hackers and glitchers. Those aren't fights you are supposed to win, so why be afraid of losing?
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 pm

What's a black phantom skeleton dog, I never came across those types. Must be the ones spawning in an infected world. You know, the system that almost never works properly lol big grin big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:45 pm

The bonewheels, because there are always like 5 more to deal with on top of the bv version.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Ultra spoiler-

Spoiler:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm

I would say the most annoying/hated for me are those god damn Black Phantom Stone Giant guys in the butterfly forest!! On anything past ng+ those guys are insane face rapists...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Awww, you should have just kept it in game enemies. Those BP stone knights in moonlight garden are pretty scary especially in NG+ and up.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:57 pm

BP Mushroom Parent is definitley my most feared.

His punch can tear holes in the fabric of space and time.

:pale:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, in DkS can match a Black Phantom Mind Flayer! :affraid:

Those things could shoot the nuts off a nat from over a mile away! lol

The time I spent in the Tower of Latria still haunts my memories! :evil:
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for freakin' me out guys... I must be the luckiest player because I've not run across any Black Phantom baddies yet in any of my playthroughs. I didn't even know about them until this thread. I've seen messages saying the Gravelord had been defeated and a curse was lifted many times. I always wondered what I was supposed to be so concerned about. Now, I know there is cause to be alarmed and that I should attempt to invade Gravelords. I've yet to ever invade anyone either... game changing thread, lol.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:32 pm

By far my most hated is Bed of Chaos. That fight is just S#!+ , there just isnt a great way to do it. A bunch of Stamina and running fast helps but if you dont get the timing just perfect then death......... Every other fight in the game has something you can do to counter act whatever the enemy is going to do , but not that. I think I lost 116,000 souls because of that fight....
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Are the Four Kings in ng+ really so terrible? I keep seeing posts about how difficult this fight is and as I've defeated them twice in first runs without too much trouble I'm curious to know just how much harder this fight is. On second thoughts, perhaps I'd be better off not knowing as I'm going there next. Any advice would be gratefully received.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm

titanite Demon for sure... heck, they're a pain in the *** even at high SL.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Are the Four Kings in ng+ really so terrible? I keep seeing posts about how difficult this fight is and as I've defeated them twice in first runs without too much trouble I'm curious to know just how much harder this fight is. On second thoughts, perhaps I'd be better off not knowing as I'm going there next. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Honestly, the fight is pretty similar, just more punishing. If you cheese it with the high poise two-handing method, it's just as difficult as the NG version (that is, not very). If you're using a more mobile strategy, though, the additional damage and HP of the Kings may well be problematic.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:12 pm

So, if I wear Havels armour with Havels Ring & Cloranthy Ring and two hand my Gravelord Sword+5 (this worked previously) I'll stand a chance?
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Nope, 'cause then you'll fall into the Abyss. silly

I'd say you want to be at 76 poise or more and then you're fine. Have some grass for stamina regen and make sure the Firelink bonfire is kindled to give you 20 Estus (although you may not need that much).

The Gravelord Sword should work fine, although if you're having trouble, pulling out a fire weapon might help out. That said, the Gravelord Sword starts getting a little obsoleted towards the end of NG+, given it's pretty much on par with Black Knight weapons. It's a damn cool weapon and a damn shame it gets less useful (unless you're often successful at inflicting toxic), but it might be worth it to have a +15 weapon you like on standby.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Reading this thread just reminded me of my main character, he's on ng+7 and by now i've worked out a build dedicated to just killing the kings.

http://tinyurl.com/cfomchv

I use havel's shield to block because it has 90% magic resistance, which means I don't have to bother trying to avoid their magic attacks. Otherwise I just 2 hand my falchion and hack away, it attacks so fast that the dps is ridiculous when buffed. Their humanity draining grab move is annoying, but since you have to be about 10 miles away to avoid it anyway, it doesn't really matter much what build I use. In case you're wondering, I prefer the falchion to the painting guardian sword, because the latter has range so bad, all it takes is for a king to move a couple of inches and all of a sudden you start hitting thin air. Also I do actually have the stats to use all this, i just couldn't be bothered filling them in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:57 am