Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Juutas
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
Myztyrio
RANT
Serious_Much
mugenis4real
11 posters

I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?

mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?  Empty I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I know you guys haven't fought this guy.

Doing some PvP at the Duke's and I get invaded by what I can only describe as a clown 🤡

He's dressed in a mix of Xanthous, Painting Guardian, and Crystalline. Of course I notice the Crown of Dusk but considering he's rocking with about 0 poise, I can't help but laugh(PTDE fixes for stunlock aint on the PS3). Easy pickings.

He waves and goes off running for some MOBS, and I follow not worried about what he's packing, probably WoTG after seeing him cast a GMB but when I catch up to him...I'm hit with a barrage of EVERYTHING.

Wrath of The Gods
    Soul Spear
    Great Combustion
    Homing Crystal Soulmass
    Gravelord Greatsword Dance
    Great Fireball

All hitting me with what I knew to be max casting speed in the narrow corridors of the Duke's, and let me tell you the damage was there.

After my humiliating defeat I messaged him. I mean seriously i had to find out the specifics, and he actually just gives me his entire build. Can't believe I lost to this thing. Who would even make this?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2182524507965639

Look at the End... :oops:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?  Empty Re: I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 pm

i'm looking to make a pure caster too.. though i'm gonna be different to that one silly

http://tinyurl.com/8byf5xt

http://tinyurl.com/9z4l9go

Last edited by Serious_Much on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?  Empty Re: I Refuse To Believe This Build Exists, But Somehow...It Killed Me. WTF!?

Post by RANT Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 pm

nice build, 8 end is more than enough for a pure caster and that's what you get for thinking he was gonna be easy to defeat.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Was making that, got bored though xD
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 pm

RantFromRant wrote:nice build, 8 end is more than enough for a pure caster and that's what you get for thinking he was gonna be easy to defeat.

But...
    Who picks the Sorcerer as their starting class for PvP!?
    Who honestly uses the Izalith Catalyst!?

P.S. Don't do it Serious, don't be a mean guy.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 pm

mugenis4real wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:nice build, 8 end is more than enough for a pure caster and that's what you get for thinking he was gonna be easy to defeat.

But...

The guy who wants to take advantage of it's lower vit and end stats twisted
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Sorcerer? I do it many times, it's useful for low Str weapons and minimum End.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 pm

what cloudyeki said, if you dont need end and vit and youre making a pure caster sorcerer is the way to go.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Huh I guess that makes sense then. Maybe i misjudged this build? I guess trying something different can't hurt.

I shall Create my own pure caster and his name will be GANDALF cheers
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 pm

mugenis4real wrote:

But...

Are you kidding?

Sorcerer is Pyromancer minus the strength. You get attunement and intelligence instead.
    Izalith Catalyst is the best if you're between 25 and 40 intel.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:02 pm

mugenis4real wrote:

But...

what do you mean, 'mean guy'?

I apologise for not wanting to do the same build that has 40 on 3-4 stats and uses the same weapons as everyone else lol!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:

But...

what do you mean, 'mean guy'?

I apologise for not wanting to do the same build that has 40 on 3-4 stats and uses the same weapons as everyone else lol!

Haha I'm just thinking what if I run into you? I obviously don't know how to fight this type of build and your one of the "Old Heads" in Dark Souls :pale:

Found an awesome YouTube video of a pure caster very similar to the one used against me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT8QU_3LSVk
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 pm

'old head'? lol, i dunno if that's supposed to imply skill level, but i'm pretty mediocre, maybe above average at the very best. i've taken too many extended breaks to be good as some of the pvp gods on here like forum or rant haha

i'm looking forward to my pure caster, hope i don't end up relying on WoG too much though silly
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:07 am

mugenis4real wrote:... but considering he's rocking with about 0 poise, I can't help but laugh(PTDE fixes for stunlock aint on the PS3). Easy pickings.

I could change your mind about this one, haha twisted
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:59 am

how was he casting wog with only 28 faith?

...and never under-estimate anyone wearing dusk crown
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:34 am

WoG only needs 28 fth. Its just everyone with WoG goes to 30 for a buff.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am

I see pure caster builds fairly often, they are extremely dangerous because of their unpredictability and the fact that you can't swap buffs/shields fast enough to keep up your resistances to whatever they are using at the moment. They're yet another reason why my coop builds habitually pack Vow of Silence, imho the best spell in the game, as it's the one thing that can save your run if and when your host underestimates one of these guys and runs into the spell spam.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 pm

that's.. actually really freaking smart befowler..

i always thought that spell was kind of lame, but if you have a dense host it will probably save their a**

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:30 pm