Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage? Empty Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 am

Does using magic / strong magic shield on a shield that can attack give you additional damage?

I didn't think so, but I thought I'd ask.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage? Empty Re: Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage?

Post by Dante_000 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

I'm 90% sure that S/MS only gives a shield extra stability and magic resistance, It has no effect on the damage it does
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage? Empty Re: Strong magic shield on an offensive shield= extra damage?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 am

I really want a reason to use this spell, but the weapon buff is so much better, and you need to have a catalyst in both hands if you want to use both. Darn shame.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 am

To be honest with the new content and how powerful magic is now, it may be of more use then it has been previously, Since the dark magic's take a lot of stamina to block, do magic damage and are very popular, this seems like the perfect spell to counter them
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:57 am

It will never be useful because of the terrible duration of like 25 seconds. Its never worth using like that. It won't out last a buff or be extremely helpful. If you could choose weapon buff or shield buff at the start of a duel, I know which one I'd take, just for that reason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 pm