Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
callipygias
Mr. Tart
Silver Knight
Knight Alundil
JoeBroski09
StockpileThomas
X-government-agent
WyrmHero
somnam
Isirith
ssss_2_is_pwnage
15 posters

What is your opinion on gestures?

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What is your opinion on gestures? Empty What is your opinion on gestures?

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 am

Personally, I use a random gesture when I win. If i'm in a Twitch fight club i'll always bow because that's usually an implied rule but otherwise I like to point down, up, shrug, look skyward, prosteration, bow, proper bow, point forward, everything. Wave. I don't see them as taunts myself, what is the opinion on the matter from other people. Even if this is random and about something nobody cares about What is your opinion on gestures? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKpO_y8iJxB0gFrdIx0m057MkRTXoBz5hhBVxh6S5cjmjXAldyQRYiHQ.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What is your opinion on gestures? Empty Re: What is your opinion on gestures?

Post by Isirith Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am

It's nice to recieve a wave or bow after a fight win or lose.

I hate it when someone pulls out all the cheap, **** tactics then taunts taunts taunts
    as I fade out. To then message me calling me a bad player.
    Oooo it really ruffles my feathers ugh!
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 am

Isirith wrote:It's nice to recieve a wave or bow after a fight win or lose.

I hate it when someone pulls out all the cheap, **** tactics then taunts taunts taunts
    as I fade out. To then message me calling me a bad player.
    Oooo it really ruffles my feathers ugh!

I have done that, but only when I was forced to play cheap to combat pathetic tactics. If somebody backstab fishes, I counter backstab and then message because... well 1, I want my GFWL reputation to be 100% avoidance (up to 77% =D!!!) but the other reason is to try and discourage pathetic playstyles =D!
    somnam
    somnam
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somnam Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 am

I've been kinda ocd about bows, generally, I do it out of habit and rarely taunt. But its starting to seem kind of pointless when I only know someone is cool after a few rounds. If a match was really good, I'll do the fist pump or "joy" gesture.

One rule: Never bow to anyone wearing havel's chest + mask of the mother. More often than not, its a mistake I've made even when I see it coming.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 am

If you point me down I'll find where you live and kill you. Fing hate that. I usually wave to randoms, point up when I'm lifehunting, and bow if it was a duel.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am

I try ever so hard to keep my opponents in front of me.
    Yet it always ends with them standing on me backstabbing thin air, then I do about 10 flips
    hitting the ground (Hornets Ring)

Then comes the barrage of nasty messages...
    And for one reason it's always something to do with my Mum..
    Poor lady sad last time I checked I was playing, not her!

But yeah.. Waves and bows are nice. I like the occasional facepalm if I played like
    a retard makes me giggle xD
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am

There's nothing more satisfying than spamming point down on a dead wog spammer Point Down
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Well What is it <----- Worst gesture. It just doesn't make sense.

I do the Shrug after a forest kill.

I do the Look Skyward if the other player uses lame or bad tactics.

And I spam Prayer really fast to do a Moonwalk.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Bow unless they use TWoP or some other cheap/stupid tactic. Then I facepalm.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:35 pm

I find it's all relative to the fight. As long as they gesture appropriately I don't mind. for example:

If they gank/glitchkill me then taunt me I don't mind. Matches up with their character.

Decent fight followed by a bow/wave/whatever is generally quite nice.

I always bow when I kill gankers though. Never lower myself. big grin
    Silver Knight

Post by Silver Knight Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 pm

What is your opinion on gestures? 3358384175 Gestures? The taunts annoy me. I even went as far as BC out when someone did the point down gesture over and over at Kirk, he had a phantom and still almost died. He had the other guy with him and I was ahead killing the frogs but ran back when I thought it was taking too long, so I took care of Kirk.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

I always start a duel with a bow, and i end one with a bow as well, unless my opponent would happen to die in some kind of accident or embarassing way, like jumping off a cliff, then i'd use the 'look skyward'. Same goes for hosts, i start with a bow, or the praise the sun gesture if i've got it yet, and if the host dies i usually end with a 'look skyward'.
    If i happen to be facing an opponent that follows 'chicken tactics' (like chain backstabs) that i've already faced before, i start off with an 'look skyward' and end with an 'point downward'.

Other than entering and leaving host/pvp duels i use them as a way of entering conversation without private chat, like an obvious example being 'point forward' to point where to go, but then, who doesn't?
    *waits for someone to say they don't*
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

If I'm questing (which I almost always am) I usually do nothing anymore. I'm trying to look at invasions as part of the PvE game, as in: "Dark Spirit Maneater Mildred has invaded!" just with random dark spirits. Not so easy to do when I'm invaded by Dark Spirit PoopyPants.

I have never used, and will never use What is your opinion on gestures? 3596227959 or What is your opinion on gestures? 3248139268 . The only time I have ever used a rude gesture is when I killed a Dragon Breath glitcher with my bow, that time I used What is your opinion on gestures? 2707236321 .

If I'm doing straight PvP I either bow, wave, or nothing.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 pm

They don't bother me anymore. I used to get worked up about taunting gestures, but not anymore.

Few reasons.

1. It's just a game.

2. It is someone I've never met, never seen, or never talked to. Why care? If they want to stroke their ego, let them. Personally, I have graduated high school, and no longer feel the need to act this way. I don't insult to the high schoolers here, but that kind of behavior tends to be rampant at that age.

3. I just don't care. Really. Well, I do kinda care, since it makes me laugh (read point two).

4. It's just a game. Did I mention that already?

So, taunt away, make me laugh. Or, bow and make me smile. It's all good.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 pm

I stopped bowing unless its a private duel with friends, the last time I
    bowed a dragon glitcher came up and bow bs'd me for 20k. never.again

as for post death I just casually walk off like a black knight unless the
    person was a SUPER try hard, like three phantoms and still lost, then I
    do the the What is your opinion on gestures? 2707236321
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm

I bow after wins in duels, pray after invasions. I joy then bow/pray after really close wins in either format. I beckon then point down if I beat someone who had 99dbs or was hacked or griefing.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 am

I'm kind of supprised most of you dislike taunting except against pathetic players. Although Reim's answer was the best What is your opinion on gestures? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQos8pvMMl_MX5iyfPMSEdVh7JYOPN2sbNAcQsPeXKaAjfd_Ie0&t=1. Personally I either What is your opinion on gestures? 3149687655 , What is your opinion on gestures? 945058907 , What is your opinion on gestures? 639795459 (on a faith build), or What is your opinion on gestures? 3248139268 to ask for a rematch. (Right here right now thing). Personally, I don't mind taunt, instead I except them and laugh at it What is your opinion on gestures? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQos8pvMMl_MX5iyfPMSEdVh7JYOPN2sbNAcQsPeXKaAjfd_Ie0&t=1.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 am

I just bow if I am about to duel, if I am questing and I am alone and the invaders bow i bow back. The only other gesture I use is when I am invading in the forest dueling and the host heals him or herself...
    I do this Shrug and as a sign of disapproval I stop fighting... I don't use any healing stuff while in a duel, just if I am trying to survive some gankers.
    Sometimes I send them a message saying that to much estus is bad for your health followed by a good hunting or good luck wich is non ofensive and kind of funny and that's it.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 am

Doelker wrote:I just bow if I am about to duel, if I am questing and I am alone and the invaders bow i bow back. The only other gesture I use is when I am invading in the forest dueling and the host heals him or herself...
    I do this What is your opinion on gestures? 3358384175 and as a sign of disapproval I stop fighting... I don't use any healing stuff while in a duel, just if I am trying to survive some gankers.
    Sometimes I send them a message saying that to much estus is bad for your health followed by a good hunting or good luck wich is non ofensive and kind of funny and that's it.

I wish I could be that good'a sport in this game :p, rep up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 pm