Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
IV_Mark_VI
callipygias
6 posters

Co-oping Upper Blighttown

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Co-oping Upper Blighttown Empty Co-oping Upper Blighttown

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm

So apparently lots of experienced PvPers get their jollies booting poor li'l noobs off rickety walkways in Upper Blighttown. One of my favorite things in the game is protecting the poor li'l noobs from big bad invader man. I've never co-op'd Upper Btown before though, so I'm looking for suggestions as to gear, methods, and/or spells you think would work well/be fun, and also for the best soul level and white sign location.

I want to be able to heal, so I'll need 10 att and 12 fai. Right now this is what I'm thinking:

Knight ~ sl 5. I'll need 1 point to Faith to be able to use Heal. The only other mandatory point is to raise dex from 11 to 12 to enable the Composite Bow. So at sl 7 I'll be able to put the rest to Vit and End unless someone has a better idea.

I'll make the Comp Bow Chaos +5, and then I want to make 1 more Chaos weapon, but I'm not sure what would be best. Looking for suggestions, and alternate build ideas are welcome too.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Co-oping Upper Blighttown Empty Re: Co-oping Upper Blighttown

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Might want to grab force as well. Very useful in upper blighttown, as well as gear that has a high anti poison resistance, or possibly use the spider shield.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm

I can't help you as to where to put your sign, but I have a lvl 30 GL in Blighttown and she sees plenty of signs around the bonfire at the bottom and is invaded regularly.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:16 pm

I think what upsets me the most about this post is - " So apparently lots of experienced PvPers get their jollies booting poor li'l noobs off rickety walkways in Upper Blighttown."

Experienced huh? Doesn't sound like it... :roll:
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm

I've seen a few posts here where people talk about how fun it is to be evil up there. Totally understandable, as it's such a HORRIBLE area for a new player to begin with. I figure to go help out, as much as I can. Don't know that I'll have too much luck against the better invaders, as I haven't spent too much time PvPing, but I figure if nothing else that's a great place to have company.

I like the Force idea, I think I'll modify for 2 attunement slots.

And I will be using the Spider Shield and Dingy skirt and, if I get the drops, Hollow Thieves armor/hood.

@Kirk ~ I was thinking 25 - 30, so that's good to hear. Leaves me plenty of room.
    Silver Knight

Post by Silver Knight Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm

SL25 sounds about right. Ive helped a few people out by putting my WSS on the first bridge part after the ladder, even before you get to the barbarians. You will get some thanks mesages too.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Excellent, thanks. So were your hosts okay with ignoring that upper bonfire or did they crystal you out? I'm wondering if it's more humane to take them that far and crystal out if they indicate they want to rest there, or if they're better off to stick with me to the bottom.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 pm

They could BC you out at the upper bonfire and you could then drop your sign there and pick them up again. happy
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Yup I'd just send them a message saying that you'll BC and then put down your sign at that bonfire.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:19 am

Hah. That happened to me on a new caster character last week. The guy was wearing Ciaran's armor and dropped an 'I'm Sorry' carving where my corpse fell. I tried to make it obvious that I wasn't trying to fight by using Hidden Body and trying to stay away for a bit but oh well!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:50 pm