Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WyrmHero
mugenis4real
lilpoindexter98*
Rynn
Forum Pirate
goober0331
10 posters

Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100?

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100?

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Rynn wrote:I stated "minimal amount of realism" I never expect a game to have hyper realism, but when it comes to small aspects like this, i start to get to the "ok, that's not cool though, fix that."

You state "Turn to the right", but Wrath of the Gods is a very fast spell, so i got less then half a second to respond to the fact that they turned to the left, unlock my target, and then turn and block. It's not possible to expect me to do that with 3 to 4 wrath of the gods in a row. (I block this spell because rolling shows them you're scared, blocking it and taking 20 damage shows them that their bull manure isn't impressing you, and they normally stop). Being capable of dead angling with a spell that is a circular blast around you just doesn't make any sense, at all. You can't dead angle by turning your back to people with any other spell either.

I do and don't understand it. I do understand the idea, I don't understand in this case. Now, wrath of the god is a decently speedly spell, but it does take a good chunk of seconds to pull off. If it could always just be blocked, honestly the spell would be worthless. I could block wogs all day but that doesn't mean much, except that i'm gonna definitly get backstabbed for using it or that it's gonna do nearly no damage and that the turtles gonna win. The spell leaves you 1-2 seconds to react, which is more than enough in my opinion. Also, that arguement is invalid :p simply because rolling doesn't show fear, it shows that i'm gonna backstab your wog spamming *** *****! haha, I just think it's WAY to easy to counter with shields and rolls to be unable to dead angle. You can easily see it coming when they switch to a talisman. Spamming wog is like spamming your back to be stabbed several times imo. Unless your REALLY good with it, your never EVER gonna hit me twice with it. (once is only if I didn't know your a faith build). I just disagree that it's to powerful to have a dead angle.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100?

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:01 pm

If a person blocks it with any shield not dedicated to magic defense, you do about 100 damage per hit. If they want to block it, they should be capable of it, you still ate a ton of stamina, while pulling off quite a great amount of chip damage. The entire animation takes less then a second for a WoTG.

If i can dead angle with WoTG, i should be able to Dead Angle with CHSM, i mean, why not? It's not like it's got an obvious attack angle that can't really be debated on if you blocked it or not. It's pretty much the same thing.

the spell shouldn't dead angle.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Rynn wrote:If a person blocks it with any shield not dedicated to magic defense, you do about 100 damage per hit. If they want to block it, they should be capable of it, you still ate a ton of stamina, while pulling off quite a great amount of chip damage. The entire animation takes less then a second for a WoTG.

If i can dead angle with WoTG, i should be able to Dead Angle with CHSM, i mean, why not? It's not like it's got an obvious attack angle that can't really be debated on if you blocked it or not. It's pretty much the same thing.

In my honest opinion, I think that WoTG should be like it was in Demon's Souls. Right now it's a tryhard spell (thats why I use it on my tryhard faith build. Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCMWmRyWom3LEugNkhToF71vvgOndZXl492uhns3_qNjje8oHoWMtdwg). I believe that HCSM should be better, faster or something. But you are forgetting the lag trick with HCSM that can pop you for it's full damage without it even activating Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCMWmRyWom3LEugNkhToF71vvgOndZXl492uhns3_qNjje8oHoWMtdwg. Every spell has that cheap *** element to it. CSS has a range of Anor Londo, how is that fair Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCMWmRyWom3LEugNkhToF71vvgOndZXl492uhns3_qNjje8oHoWMtdwg. WoTG takes 1.5 seconds ATLEAST to cast, it is easily dodgeable and easily punishes. If it wasn't deadangleable everybody would run around with crest shields and havel's shields and wogs would become even more useless than it already is. (yes, the spell is completely useless unless your playing against somebody that is completely ignorant in the defence tactics against it)

Also, you can parry wogs Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCMWmRyWom3LEugNkhToF71vvgOndZXl492uhns3_qNjje8oHoWMtdwg.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Rynn wrote:If a person blocks it with any shield not dedicated to magic defense, you do about 100 damage per hit. If they want to block it, they should be capable of it, you still ate a ton of stamina, while pulling off quite a great amount of chip damage. The entire animation takes less then a second for a WoTG.

I agree.

For medium rollers, blocking is pretty much the only way to not get wrecked by this miracle. It's easy to dodge the first cast, but by the time you're picking your heavy a$$ up, the second casting is melting your face off.

My biggest problem with this miracle is its staggering power; with 76 poise, it shouldn't stagger me.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:11 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:

I agree.

For medium rollers, blocking is pretty much the only way to not get wrecked by this miracle. It's easy to dodge the first cast, but by the time you're picking your heavy a$$ up, the second casting is melting your face off.

My biggest problem with this miracle is its staggering power; with 76 poise, it shouldn't stagger me.

Your kidding me with the medium rolling thing aren't you ? It's easy to dodge wogs with a fat roll.. Pursuers on the other hands is near impossible to dodge with a fat roll. With a med roll it's not to hard though.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Lag can make anything incredibly powerful, so it's not inclusive to an argument of if a spell is useful or not. Pre-PTDE you see at least 60% of your opponents using faith, about 30% using pyromancy, and 10% with spells (only including those that even use spells in that data). I feel the large amount of players that still use faith, and still use Wrath of the Gods to be viable proof that it's more then just a tryhard spell. I've seen it kill numerous people in the forest, and nothing is effective when getting spammed.

A lot of players run around with crest shield even now. It's detestably one of the best shields in the entire game, and i'm pretty sure i see it more then every other shield combined when i'm pvping.

Also, Stockpile: when the PTDE comes out medium rolls have been buffed enough that you can now roll through WoTG safely, but it's still a pinch.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

I'd like to see a fat roller dodge WOG spam. 8)
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Fat Rollers are ***.
    You can block ANYTHING with Havels Greatshield and be fine: including the Dark Pursuers and the Dark Bead, but Wrath of the Gods is that one anomaly that one is allowed to Dead Angle with, and while it's always nice to think about those that have light and medium rolls, it's not possible with Heavy Roll, and it's rather difficult with medium. It shouldn't be capable of dead angling; i don't care if you feel that makes your spell less useful, from can buff it's damage while they cut the Dead Angling out if it's that big of a problem for you.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Rynn wrote:Lag can make anything incredibly powerful, so it's not inclusive to an argument of if a spell is useful or not. Pre-PTDE you see at least 60% of your opponents using faith, about 30% using pyromancy, and 10% with spells (only including those that even use spells in that data). I feel the large amount of players that still use faith, and still use Wrath of the Gods to be viable proof that it's more then just a tryhard spell. I've seen it kill numerous people in the forest, and nothing is effective when getting spammed.

A lot of players run around with crest shield even now. It's detestably one of the best shields in the entire game, and i'm pretty sure i see it more then every other shield combined when i'm pvping.

Also, Stockpile: when the PTDE comes out medium rolls have been buffed enough that you can now roll through WoTG safely, but it's still a pinch.

You can fat roll out of wog spams on ps3 atm too. But that is true, but if your comparing your data to killing gankers you miss my point entirely. When you're killing gankers with wog spams your turning it into a tryhard spell.. It has no stunlock, a 20 minute dodge window but it has good damage.. It's really not a very powerful spell unless your really skilled with it is my point. Give it some advantage.. would you rather I pop on force and spam that until your shield breaks? There has to be some curb appeal or else it'll be like Tiny Beings Ring, only like 1 person will use it ever.. The most effective spell spammed imo is fireballs.. when your good with them. Wog spamming is no worse than katana r1 spamming or buffed falchion/city of gold sword spamming. Or somebody with a freaken hand axe that just runs up to you hits slightly to the left and dead angles you with it and rolls off before even a katana can get a hit. If your pointing out flaws I think that dead angle weapons are far worse than dead angle wotgs.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:I'd like to see a fat roller dodge WOG spam. 8)

Bring wogs tonight and i'll show you my fat roll dodge skills Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCMWmRyWom3LEugNkhToF71vvgOndZXl492uhns3_qNjje8oHoWMtdwg
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Rynn wrote:Fat Rollers are ***.
    You can block ANYTHING with Havels Greatshield and be fine: including the Dark Pursuers and the Dark Bead, but Wrath of the Gods is that one anomaly that one is allowed to Dead Angle with, and while it's always nice to think about those that have light and medium rolls, it's not possible with Heavy Roll, and it's rather difficult with medium. It shouldn't be capable of dead angling; i don't care if you feel that makes your spell less useful, from can buff it's damage while they cut the Dead Angling out if it's that big of a problem for you.

You are very incorrect.. it just takes timing.. Your compeltely underestimating the abilities of rolls.. It's not hard at alllll to dodge med roll and it's not to hard to dodge fat roll.. each slower roll just takes slightly more percise timing and more focus on your part.. If I could record I could prove these things, but sadly I do not have the funding to support such purchases.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:29 pm

I don't use wrath of the gods, i don't do faith. Weaponry dead angles are easy to accept as normally it's being done with a weapon that realistically could have hit around your shield. A burst of magic in a AoE area isn't going around my shield however.

Keep using force on my shield, i don't mind. If you don't dead angle, you can use Wrath of the Gods too.

Katana R1 spamming is actually rather dangerous. Most players don't know the trick to parrying a Katana (You can't block then parry, you have to eat a hit then parry.)

And SS, i have played many builds that fatroll, i love tanking. I'm good at dodging with rolls, but if you're telling me that you can dodge two back to back WoTG casts you're lying to me, and you're lying badly.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Rynn wrote:I don't use wrath of the gods, i don't do faith. Weaponry dead angles are easy to accept as normally it's being done with a weapon that realistically could have hit around your shield. A burst of magic in a AoE area isn't going around my shield however.

Keep using force on my shield, i don't mind. If you don't dead angle, you can use Wrath of the Gods too.

Katana R1 spamming is actually rather dangerous. Most players don't know the trick to parrying a Katana (You can't block then parry, you have to eat a hit then parry.)

And SS, i have played many builds that fatroll, i love tanking. I'm good at dodging with rolls, but if you're telling me that you can dodge two back to back WoTG casts you're lying to me, and you're lying badly.

I'm not lying, it is possible. It's possible to dodge 3. I don't do much with fat roll but I do if somebody peice of **** player is using cheap tactics against my med roll so I feel I gotta pop on my handy dandy hornets ring Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Datsheffy. I haven't had to much experience with a fat roll but you can dodge wog spam with a fat roll. Not only have I done it, i've seen others do it as well. If you dodge the first wog of the spam with a fat roll. MASH THAT ROLL BUTTON TO OBLIVION and you'll never get hit by the others unless they're timed differently.

Katana spams piss me off because I can't do any type of setup parry unless it's BKGA. I compeltely rely on predicted parrys, if somebody gets the first swing unparried then I can't parry the second sadly.

Also, this thread got waaaayyy off it's original topic it seems. o.o
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

Bring wogs tonight and i'll show you my fat roll dodge skills Sooooo does everyone tank-flip at SL 100? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCMWmRyWom3LEugNkhToF71vvgOndZXl492uhns3_qNjje8oHoWMtdwg

Are you on PSN? I'm always down to see skills.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:49 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

Are you on PSN? I'm always down to see skills.

I am by this exact name, but I won't be on for a few days, recently got into DQ8. I can show you some time, but it won't be for a few days because I traded my ps3 with a friend to use my older one that is backward compadibly =3

Send me a request and we'll set it up when I get my ps3 back ^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 pm