Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Myztyrio
Wisp
XuitusTheGreat
TehInfamousAmos
reim0027
Red Rosie
Rynn
callipygias
kazumoshi
DJXXII
Glutebrah
RagingPanic
Forum Pirate
Ghadis_God
Jansports
WyrmHero
Siegfried.
RANT
22 posters

str builds are now popular? HOW?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

str builds are now popular? HOW? - Page 4 Empty Re: str builds are now popular? HOW?

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm

befowler wrote:Thanks Rynn, that is great advice and info. I'm already seeing the benefits. My guy is sl55 (may cap there or at 60) and I am using a greatsword +15 and fire resin even though this is probably less optimal than an elemental greatsword at my low level, in anticipation of
    Spoiler:
    . But even with this setup, the stunlocking and hitbox is crazy. It staggers almost everybody -- you can even stunlock Smough and Ornstein with it until you run out of stamina! And it's really easy to play 100% locked off. Plus the fire resin on it looks absolutely awesome, I had people break and run as soon as I put the torch on. The BSS will always be my baby, but this big daddy version of it is exceptionally fun to use. I particularly love the backstep then run forward overhead slam attack, which surprises the daylights out of people.
    oh yeah... everyone finds attacks they love more, i outlined my basic strategy above.
    This is definitely one of my favorite ingame weapons, and i feel that despite the Zweihander having the same basic stats, that the extra two pounds are worth the moveset.
    befowler
    befowler

str builds are now popular? HOW? - Page 4 Empty Re: str builds are now popular? HOW?

Post by befowler Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah, I agree. Another UGS question: does 2handing it give it a stability bonus like I understand can happen with shields? I have been playing mostly 2handed with the greatsword, and blocking with it is surprisingly effective even against stuff like the S&O lightning AoE attacks.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

befowler wrote:Yeah, I agree. Another UGS question: does 2handing it give it a stability bonus like I understand can happen with shields? I have been playing mostly 2handed with the greatsword, and blocking with it is surprisingly effective even against stuff like the S&O lightning AoE attacks.
    I am 90% sure you're getting a stability bonus, making it's stability closer to 60. It's relatively good for blocking anything but magic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:50 am