Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
T-King-667
WyrmHero
befowler
IV_Mark_VI
Hellion7776
ViralEnsign_
lordgodofhell
11 posters

Forum Opinion on OP Co Op

lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Forum Opinion on OP Co Op Empty Forum Opinion on OP Co Op

Post by lordgodofhell Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Hello All

Normally I focus on pvp in this game, however, in preparation for DLC I am assisting new players with levels as of late. Mainly with my soul level 50 as he seems to get summoned everywhere.

I plan on getting my guy to ng7 so I can face the full wrath of the new areas and bosses.

My question is to everyone who helps with boss questing.

For the most part, everyone you help around my soul level is new game with a few rare hosts who are in higher new games.

My question is why do phantoms overpower the levels and ruin the hosts experience? I mean, I have seen full giant maxed zwei users helping with Bell gargoyles! Forum Opinion on OP Co Op 2707236321

For some bosses I suppose stronger gear is in order, but if the host is clearly new and using weak gear, I like to switch to similar un upgraded weaponry in order to keep the challenge in it for us regardless of the boss we face.

If we get invaded, of course I am going all out, as a DW I know my fellow DWs will go all out on the host and I as well.

Does anyone feel like their first playthrus could have been tarnished by this sort of thing? I especially dislike when the other phantom jets ahead and slaughters the entire board before the host even gets there. Using glitched DBs for self healing on bosses etc.

Your thoughts
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Forum Opinion on OP Co Op Empty Re: Forum Opinion on OP Co Op

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I dislike that as well. Fortunately for me I didnt summon for my first play through.

I like to co op Anor Londo at SL 55 and use a Lightning Shotel.... which to me seem fine im not whupping any creatures in less than 3-5 hits and on orntien and smough the shotel only works well against smough.

I dont like to summon people unless they look like they have reasonable weapons....which is tricky because a katana is more like to be chaos or lightning than not.....
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:33 am

I can see how this is a problem. I am a FULL BORE Sunbro and LOVE helping people... HELPING PEOPLE!!!
    For example... currently I am doing a full clear Ornstein Cosplay run... Spears and lightening only, no shields. I have become REALLY good and ducking and dodging boss attacks when I COOP... So instead of charging in, giving it everything I got and rely on a block to save me, I have to pick my shots much more carefully to always have enough stam to have two rolls to safety. In doing so, a lot of newer players seems to take it upon themselves to hurry up the fight and try to really wail on the mobs... that never ends well. I have seen more failed S&O runs in the last week than ever before. This has made me question my former play-style. Was I making the fights entirely too easy for these kids? Did I change a dynamic in the boss AI so drastically that the players had less to fear? I know I carry enough heals for me and I rarely get hit anyway... This leads me to believe that had I been using my OP Solaire build, these kids would have been a first time pass at the bosses.

Now the question is... Am I helping them more the old way or the new?

(as far as the BB glitchers with amazing gear and super powerful builds, if they fail, that's on them. I don't claim those losses.)
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 am

I don't know, but I do see it being a big problem.

On my first PS3 run, I pretended I didn't know what I was doing and the loot people dropped me was ridiculous. +5 lightning estoc, +10 fire lucern, +5 raw handaxe (ok, maybe not this one, but it's still WAY overpowered for the parish).

Then these people msged me saying they would help me in other areas.

I don't understand it; best guess is they want people to think they're awesome.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am

It's an arms race between coopers and invaders. As a dedicated cooper I don't like sweeping areas clear either, and usually don't do it, but in some areas you will inevitably face invaders with maxxed out endgame equipment/spells. So not only do you need to be able to handle those guys, but you need to be able to speed a host through the levels quickly to minimize the # of invasions as well. I agree that it's cheesy to blast through the burg/parish for people, but at Sen's and above I have no problem with going as fast as you can.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 am

I honestly have never COOPed Parish before, only gargoyles. There a lot of new players that coop it?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 am

I agree 100% with your opinion lord.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm

When i use my sl25 Tarkus cosplay at the gargoyals he has a +5 greatsword and greatshield with unupgraded armor. When an invader comes in i take out my +15 greatsword/shield and my maxed armor. If the game is too easy its no fun. You need the fear of failure.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 pm

I co-op a lot as host and as summoned. When I'm the host I hate it when people just fly through the level. As the summoned I summon in with op stuff just in case there's an invader but then I switch to normal equipment for everything else(switching to op if we do get invaded)
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Yeah, I learned early on to only summon when necessary, usually for bosses after I'd already explored and cleared an area, since a lot of summoned players seem to have no interest in supporting you through the area and would rather leave you behind and rush around killing everything in sight, whatever your chosen pace might be. If I get summoned, I always follow the host's lead and then step in when necessary, maybe with the occasional pointer if they seem to have bypassed treasure or something.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Yep it's what I do as well.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 pm

The only weapon I have that is upgraded to +15 is a Washing Pole, and I rarely use it anymore simply because I prefer the use of my +4 (Cursed) Artorias greatsword. Only a few of my armours are upgrade but they are only upgraded to +2 at the most. I'm usually only summonable at harder bosses or ones that are really fun Like Artorias or S&O and such, otherwise I stay away from place with lower level players unless I'm using one of my lower level toons.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 pm

i hate when people give op gear to newbies, it ruins pve and the bb glitch pretty much ruined it. i love coop'ing, even more that duels or invasions and always have weapons appropiate to the area im cooping in.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i hate when people give op gear to newbies, it ruins pve and the bb glitch pretty much ruined it. i love coop'ing, even more that duels or invasions and always have weapons appropiate to the area im cooping in.

I have never given gear as I only have one copy of my gear and I worked hard to find it. I will help out if we get invaded but I refuse to give up gear I have found unless someone can give me a fair trade for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 pm