Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Revoltage
billy_bayonet
Ghadis_God
Glutebrah
The Letter X
cloudyeki
blackphantom08
BrotherBob
12 posters

Little tips and tricks for every PvPer

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Little tips and tricks for every PvPer - Page 3 Empty Re: Little tips and tricks for every PvPer

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:30 am

Lesson the Third: Chaining Combos using Great combustion, use a thrust attack with your weapon then with the Pyro in your left hand use a GC, then 2H the weapon to finish off the combo, Highly effective (dont use it too much in the same fight)
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Little tips and tricks for every PvPer - Page 3 Empty Re: Little tips and tricks for every PvPer

Post by roanispe Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 am

All the tips, and tricks that I am capable of articulating I've posted in my Introduction to PvP for the most part. I'm not a very good writer, so I find myself having a lot of difficulty trying to describe some subtle nuances, and explaining the sort of feel of somethings. Although, I do try my best to spread what I know, getting a sense of a fight, spacing, and openings are things that have to come with practice. The ultimate decider of any fight is the capability of the person behind the controller; so long as you aren't thinking of using the Ghost Blade, or something utterly useless, and are willing to work with all the elements of the weapon, you'll be able to become good with it. For example, the strong attack of the Zweihander, which normally is advised never to be used, has it's place as very powerful counter to those people who backstep, and then attack. However, developing this sense, and figuring out how to use even the most insipid attack as part of your style is what will make you a good dueler. When trying to learn something, make sure to take risks. Otherwise, you'll become a very predictable player, and it's fairly hard to change ones rhythm.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:Lesson the Third: Chaining Combos using Great combustion, use a thrust attack with your weapon then with the Pyro in your left hand use a GC, then 2H the weapon to finish off the combo, Highly effective (dont use it too much in the same fight)
    That's an interesting idea. The only thing is that I think of my opponent using a spell as an opportunity to backstab. If you're in the right position and can anticipate your opponent's cast, then it's really an easy backstab.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:45 pm

roanispe wrote:All the tips, and tricks that I am capable of articulating I've posted in my Introduction to PvP for the most part. I'm not a very good writer, so I find myself having a lot of difficulty trying to describe some subtle nuances, and explaining the sort of feel of somethings. Although, I do try my best to spread what I know, getting a sense of a fight, spacing, and openings are things that have to come with practice. The ultimate decider of any fight is the capability of the person behind the controller; so long as you aren't thinking of using the Ghost Blade, or something utterly useless, and are willing to work with all the elements of the weapon, you'll be able to become good with it. For example, the strong attack of the Zweihander, which normally is advised never to be used, has it's place as very powerful counter to those people who backstep, and then attack. However, developing this sense, and figuring out how to use even the most insipid attack as part of your style is what will make you a good dueler. When trying to learn something, make sure to take risks. Otherwise, you'll become a very predictable player, and it's fairly hard to change ones rhythm.
    You're obviously correct in that people should try out their weapon's moveset and try to figure out where best to apply it. Also, the bit about staying unpredictable is key when fighting a player capable of parrying, in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 am