Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
StockpileThomas
zivbu9
RANT
Rudmed
Glutebrah
Rynn
12 posters

Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items Empty Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm

I figured it out. Seriously i did.
    All of these weapons hit for 53 poise, but they hit almost twice as fast as a greatsword.
    If you hit someone, and it stuns them, you can hit them almost twice before the stun is over. So even with 53 poise, it's relatively easy to stunlock an opponent.
    Due to their attack speed, they are insanely effective in bossfights, and you can even stun most bosses with a mace, including smough, ornstein, the centipede demon, and Gwynn.
    They tend to do extremely high damage for their speed.
    Most of their R2's can hit during the recoil of a kick, allowing their R2's to get counter damage.

The recoil is litterally to balance out an overpowered weapon. It's immensely neccesary, and these weapons are extremely effective if used appropriatly.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items Empty Re: Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items

Post by Glutebrah Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:00 pm

i have started to rock the Reinforced Mace on my str build because i am already bored to death with heavy weapons

is what i have been rolling with, and its alot better then i thought, and enjoy it more then heavy slow weapons.

http://tinyurl.com/8txbyzz

Last edited by Glutebrah on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items Empty Re: Axes, Picks, Clubs, and Other Recoil Items

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 pm

...time to learn how to use a BK halbred or something.

Also what about the BKGA? That seems to deal way more than 53 poise, and there isn't a recoil on that.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Rudmed wrote:...time to learn how to use a BK halbred or something.

Also what about the BKGA? That seems to deal way more than 53 poise, and there isn't a recoil on that.
    The black knight greataxe is the definition of "WHAT THE *** WERE YOU THINKING?"
    It's 77 poise per hit, 0 recoil, and twice as long as most axes.
    It needs to get burned to the ground.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Dat response just earned you a +1, but that explains why it keeps on poise breaking me each time it hits me 1 handed!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 pm

yeah the mace is pretty awesome, i remember using it on my first paythrough since it scales so well with str and hits fast and really hard as long as you dont miss, it destroys bosses(specially buffed). pvp is harder to use since they have crappy reach and can be parried easily.
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Rynn wrote:

The black knight greataxe is the definition of "WHAT THE *** WERE YOU THINKING?"
    yea, but it has a very big flew: it is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) weapons in the game to parry. you have to play super-defensivly with it and if you are fighting someone who is good at parrying you are pretty much dead.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Rynn wrote:

THANK YOU! Hurrah
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

If that person messes up...well you may see them roll away licking their very very deep wound.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

zivbu9 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

yea, but it has a very big flew: it is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) weapons in the game to parry. you have to play super-defensivly with it and if you are fighting someone who is good at parrying you are pretty much dead.

its easy to parry if you suck and only spam r1, going against a good pvper with that thing its a nightmare, it dead angles like a beast and its super fast and can kill in 2 or three hits. its so unbalanced its not even funny, its the DSS of ultra weapons.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

zivbu9 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

I feel this was a purposeful flaw added to it for PvP, as it's got to be the easiest weapon ever to parry. There is at least a 2 second wide window where your parry is successful with it. Furthermore, in PvE it can't be buffed, making it inferior to other axes for PvE gameplay.

I see where they were going with the weapon, they just failed HARd.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:20 pm

But the hammers/axes can't stunlock for more than 2 hits. After the second hit you can dodge out safely because of slow swings.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm

WyrmHero wrote:But the hammers/axes can't stunlock for more than 2 hits. After the second hit you can dodge out safely because of slow swings.
    While most hammers are too short for this, many of the axes can catch you if you try to roll to safety. That's also 2 hits of 530AR or more.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:33 pm

just started messing around with the war pick, that r2 is like a mini great scythe. and something else weird the wiki says it may recover faster than other hammers... haven't been able to confirm yet though.. but the r2 does give the warpick some more directions to attack from and dead angleing potential! and with the sheer power of hammer weapons you only need to land around 4 hits for most people 7 for a vit gouge build and their great against heavy armor, with the tank mobility issue being fixed in the dlc these thing will begin to wreck tanks.
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:33 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    zivbu9 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

its easy to parry if you suck and only spam r1, going against a good pvper with that thing its a nightmare, it dead angles like a beast and its super fast and can kill in 2 or three hits. its so unbalanced its not even funny, its the DSS of ultra weapons.
    even if you dont smap r1 its really really easy to parry, and the 1h attacks are even easier. and im not even talking about the completly useless r2 attack...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Maybe so, but the punishment for missing the parry is severe.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm

im talking about people that know how to use it unlocked, i wanna see you try to parry that, its so easy to dea angle with it, even easier than the mura since bkga has huge reach.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Rynn wrote:The black knight greataxe is the definition of "WHAT THE *** WERE YOU THINKING?"
    I think you mean smelted. I need to learn how to parry this thing... anyone want to practice with me?
    bopjo1
    bopjo1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bopjo1 Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 pm

I find the straight-up Mace to be the best for breaking guards.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:47 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The black knight greataxe is the definition of "WHAT THE *** WERE YOU THINKING?"
    I think you mean smelted. I need to learn how to parry this thing... anyone want to practice with me?
    On PS3 at least, hit parry as soon as they pull their arm back to swing when they're using it 1h. 2h is a bit trickier, you want to parry just as their animation starts. It takes super reflexes but it's not a blind parry like a greatsword's 2hr1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:50 am