Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Marino.
TheBigLebowski
aceluby
Dogwelder
Onion Knight
Knight Alundil
Siegfried.
Kiva the wanderer
GTP_Zodicus
Gazman0169
Naxek
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Argetlam350
WandererReece
Anonymous Proxy
Ghadis_God
BoilerFan8472
Mr. Tart
Rynn
callipygias
justwant2play
27 posters

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 pm

is it just me or did demons have more weapons...? also i'd love an epee' rapier, razor sharp fast moveset and some bleed.... hehehehe... heck i also preffered demons approach to bleed, i'd just say make it more aggressive but shorter lasting than toxic...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

Post by callipygias Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm

All I want for the next title are little detail-type additions. As cool as the armor combos are in DkS, the cool would be magnified 1,000 times if we could change the color of armor. The armor would be as you found it, but maybe there'd be a blacksmith or something who could change it to black or silver or bronze. The combos would be outrageous.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 pm

That would totally kick ***, question though is, would they be able to have it fit in with the ingame lore somehow? *le magical brush*
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Or maybe just a boss like Flamelurker who would burn your equipped armor black.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Hm, yeah, wouldn't be too fun walking around in a burned black piece of armor though? Of course monster wouldn't want to eat ya, so that's a +.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm

I wouldnt mind a bit more boss fights like artorias the faster bosses the better the rush.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I'd echo a lot of comments in this thread and say that, while Dark Souls is definitely a gameplay improvement, I'd also like to see some of the atmospheric elements from Demon's Souls return. Demon's Souls also had a better diversity of boss battles, I felt, so it would be nice to see that again.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:09 pm

I would definately go with Dark Souls. I played it first and when I played Demons it was good, but a massive step backwards. The cliche'd feeling that you got from Dark Souls I had with Demons so I think it comes down to what you played first.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Demon's Souls but with less farming and respawning lizards. Other than combat improvements and less farming Dark Souls was disappointing to me.
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Siegfried. wrote:I'd echo a lot of comments in this thread and say that, while Dark Souls is definitely a gameplay improvement, I'd also like to see some of the atmospheric elements from Demon's Souls return. Demon's Souls also had a better diversity of boss battles, I felt, so it would be nice to see that again.

This too, I've yet to get to a boss that has legitimately frustrated me in Dark Souls. Whereas Demon's Souls I could never beat flamelurker or the maneaters on NG+ by myself.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Naxek wrote:
    Siegfried. wrote:I'd echo a lot of comments in this thread and say that, while Dark Souls is definitely a gameplay improvement, I'd also like to see some of the atmospheric elements from Demon's Souls return. Demon's Souls also had a better diversity of boss battles, I felt, so it would be nice to see that again.

This too, I've yet to get to a boss that has legitimately frustrated me in Dark Souls. Whereas Demon's Souls I could never beat flamelurker or the maneaters on NG+ by myself.

Can I ask if you played Demons Souls first? Cause if you did that's what it was like for me, but the other way around. Once i'd played through DkS then picked up DeS I was just going through the motions because I knew all their tricks.
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I was referring to bosses on NG+ only by the way, because they hit so much harder. (Talking about being the appropriate level, without farming).

But yeah I played Demon's Souls when it first came out, and several times since then.
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 am

Yeah, this about sums it up for me: keep the gameplay improvements found in DKS but feature more areas with a DES-like atmosphere. Good point about the boss battles, too.

Mostly, I just hope that From don't feel the need to change the formula to any great degree after making two games which are pretty similar - they both work beautifully, so massive, sweeping changes aren't necessary.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am

They just need to keep doing what they are doing. I enjoyed both immensely, Dark only slightly more because I felt they did a better job w/ the online elements, so I trust that the next one will be equally as awesome w/ just as good of improvements.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Demon Souls. Paradoxically I found Demon Souls "darker" than Dark Souls. But that's just my personal taste and feeling.

I miss the 100% success rate of summons too. I never had a summon sign fail in Demon Souls. But that's because of the dedicated servers probably. ;-)

Btw I still play the asian version of DemonS still busy sometimes.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I want that From Software does what they want .
    They should not let the Fans influence them because: What the Fans want is not what the Fans want .

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I want the next souls game to be different like how Dark Souls is different to Demon's Souls. Both games stand out in their own right and if we start getting new games that are too much like past games then the series will get stale very quickly. To the observer who just quickly compares both games would think that they are not very different but most of you know that practically all animations were redone from the ground up. While it's annoying for me not being able to use past move sets like the mace and pole weapons which I absolutely loved, it will be refreshing to play with familiar weapons that you have to relearn because they work differently, after all a lot of the fun in the Souls series is finding out how to battle with stuff.

Also with people saying they want atmosphere back like Demon's Souls I'm hoping it's not a request to have that art style back. I really want the next Souls game to have it's own flavour when it comes to that because I want something fresh. I don't want another Demon's Souls because that is what Demon's Souls is for.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Played both, addicted to both but as seeing Dark Souls to be better in any way next one should be going from that direction. Also, would even more expand PVP part of the game.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:02 pm

I got demon's souls about amonth after it came out. Loved it! I never really had much problem with flamelurker, infact he was my favorite boss to fight XD. As for Dark Souls, I preorder it and liked how it started out and I enjoy the improvements to combat and exploration. But as alot of other have said, Demon's Souls had the atmosphere just perfectly while Dark Souls just doesn't instill that kind of fear. I just hope the next one is good like DeS and DkS.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 pm

In terms of the amazingly speedy summoning rate... Demon's Souls.
    All the cool extras like Covenants, Arena, Warping, definitely Dark Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:28 pm