Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
befowler
IV_Mark_VI
cloudyeki
Rynn
FruitPunchNinja
vatar5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PRH2
Uparkaam
Pesth
xSomax
Mr. Tart
16 posters

Is there any value in the Crystalline set?

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Is there any value in the Crystalline set? Empty Is there any value in the Crystalline set?

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Like the title says, is there any value in using it? Cause damn it i'm lovin' the helmets looks, but i just want to know, is it any good at all? Can it be repaired? If the durability drops to 0 can i still save it? And is the durability much more ''sensitive'' then other equipment? Or does it take as long as any other set would take to drop to 0?

On another note, sorry for all the topics with questions i've been postin' lately. Hope it ain't too much.

And as always, i'll be grateful for any answers provided. Bow

Edit: Might as well add another question to the topic, about the dexterity increasing the speed of spell castings, how much dex would you advice for a mage character lvl 100 or 200?
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is there any value in the Crystalline set? Empty Re: Is there any value in the Crystalline set?

Post by xSomax Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

all the crystalline items should be looked at as disposable. the swords can easily be replace, so using them till breaking is a great idea, assuming your okay with spending the souls. as for the armor, i'm not as sure thats the case. as with the weapons, its probably super buffed but fragile. the crystal items have only 10% the durability of their non-crystalline counterparts, so if you can find a second set, go for it and use it. if not, go for something thats a bit more reliable.

on the subject of dex, i'd say if you use a dex+ faith/int build, 40 is probably optimal, as thats when diminishing returns hits the stat. this way, you can effectively wield a weapon, and cast that much faster. not sure if going past 40 adds very much speed, but if you use a dex weapon, thats the magic number
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Is there any value in the Crystalline set? Empty Re: Is there any value in the Crystalline set?

Post by Pesth Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm

The crystalline set CAN be repaired with the repair sorcery, and another cool thing about it, is that the set doesnt make any noise when moving
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm

You can repair the armour on a bonfire. It's just pretty expensive.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Hah, thanks for the answers y'all. Imma give the set a try then, hopefully it's good enough for me to use it. Once again, thanks!
    PRH2
    PRH2

Post by PRH2 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Also max casting speed caps at 45 dex
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm

yeah the crystal armor used to be non-repairable but that was fixed in the last patch... it now costs 500 souls per point of durability lost. there was a thread a while ago postulating that the crystal armor damaged weapons used against it faster than normal but i can't remember if it was confirmed if so than it would murder washing poll users with their mere 60 durability.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:37 pm

PRH2 wrote:Also max casting speed caps at 45 dex
    Thanks, helps a lot in making a build!happy

@Sparkly
    Seriously? Damn, it would totally kick *** if that was the case, gotta look up that topic then :!:
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:39 pm

What?My cristalline set only cost 100 souls per point of durability per piece of the set to repair...and since the durability go down by 1 like at each death,it's nothing.
    IMO I love this set,awesome defense/weight ratio,badass looking for a Mage,seriously why NOT love this smexyness?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm

vatar5 wrote:What?My cristalline set only cost 100 souls per point of durability per piece of the set to repair...and since the durability go down by 1 like at each death,it's nothing.
    IMO I love this set,awesome defense/weight ratio,badass looking for a Mage,seriously why NOT love this smexyness?

Exactly my thought!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 pm

i may be off on tghe durability cost... its been a while but it is a lot more than usual and something found so late in the game should have a auxilary effect...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:07 pm

i personally like the gauntlets and leggings on INT and Pyro builds, it just looks cool imo. Also petsh made a good point that it is one of the few armors with poise that makes no noise. There's lots of armor sets that are just more for variety, rather then being the most viable option. I like that.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:12 pm

i have never seen the set move silently.... is that on X-box as well? i couldn't make it work ever.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 pm

vatar5 wrote:What?My cristalline set only cost 100 souls per point of durability per piece of the set to repair...and since the durability go down by 1 like at each death,it's nothing.

Wanna make it better? You don't have to EVER spend a dime with repairing anything as long as you just have 15 int and either of the seance rings. Think about it for a second.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I've never, ever used it. I looked at the defense and didn't find it appealing.

Just for looks, awesome. Defence... didn't grab my attention. Maybe I need to pay attention more?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 pm

I wear the chest piece with my egghead chaos servant build, they look insane together. But frankly the defense and poise are pretty sub par for the weight. The only real benefit I've seen is that my guy gets summoned more often because people see your image with it on and want to know what you were thinking and what your build could possibly be.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Seeing as this topic has gotten much more attention than my build topic i should take the advantage and copy my post in hopes for an simple and quick answer.

Mr. Tart wrote:Right, so i just tried some mage builds out thanks to my ''Crystalline set'' topic, and here's two builds i made, based upon the set = no changing in armor. One for 200 and another for 100, though the main idea was 200 i'm considering sticking with 100 for the co-op. So here they are, oh and just to make things more clear, what i want is advice on the stats, not the rest of the equipment:

LVL 200 - http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4076505408921800

LVL 100 - http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4076505408921800

Now, just pointing out, the idea is for the mage to mainly use crystal magic, and i did consider using another weapon so that i could use the crystal buff, but, yeah, idk. I just felt like it was a good idea at the time, so you could actually suggest a weapon instead of the Trident as well, no heavies though.

Edit: As for the Crystalline set, it was actually the first set i wanted to use when i got Dks, but i was told it was horrible and not repairable at the time which kind of put me off of the idea of using it. That is the very reason to why i made this topic, because damn it, i really love the set. Just really do.

Edit2: Just realized the LVL 100 is the same as the 200 link, so here's lvl 100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2803633213997755

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 am

One thing I like about it is the whorls and designs on it match those on Avelyn, suggesting they're both part of that knight's set.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm really loving the way you guys are so particular about the way your characters look. big grin
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:37 pm

We're all ingame metrosexuals!!!!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Can anyone confirm this set really makes you silent?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 pm

I could go ahead and check it right away.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Please do. It didn't work last time i checked.
    Do you need to wear the entire set?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm

I first tried using the set with the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring which obviously worked(duh), but the moment i removed it all of the NPCs seemed to notice me, so no, it does not seem to work, sadly.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 pm

It does not make you silent, it just has a lower level of noise generation than other armors of the same category. It's on the level of most light armor I think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 11:58 am