Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
CrackSouls
befowler
strangejoy
Carphil
BARZOHD-
Darkson
10 posters

What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set?

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set? Empty What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set?

Post by Darkson Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

It looks awesome.

That's it.

Is it just me or does this set seem really really bad compared to the others in it's weight category?

And you can't upgrade it :x (at least I haven't found a way) and it's damn expensive to repair. But I heard you couldn't repair it at all before some patch. Wth? Bad armor that you can't even repair? Why? So that you don't mind breaking it? Or was it better before?

And even now that you can repair it it still stinks pretty bad in my oppinion. There must be some benefit it gives you besides looking fine... No?

Sry if this topic has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything about any benefits this armor gives you. It's so sad because I really love the look of it sad

I would really appreciate it if you people could prove me wrong in any point!

Anyone?
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set? Empty Re: What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set?

Post by BARZOHD- Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 pm

I think that since its not that great of armor, u should be able to use it as a weapon. Like seriously the shoulder part could impale people and the gloves.........I'll live that to your imagination
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set? Empty Re: What's good about the Crystalline Armor Set?

Post by Carphil Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Yeah adding the thorns effect would be cool

And looks awesome
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 pm

I believe that there may be one unique benefit to the crystal armor: it's the only medium/heavy armor that doesn't make noise when you walk. Thus, you should be able to sneak up on enemies more easily with this armor. That's probably not too useful in pvp, but it might be handy in pve.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Plus bling is its own reward
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Thanks guys for at least some kind of good points lol big grin
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

strangejoy wrote:I believe that there may be one unique benefit to the crystal armor: it's the only medium/heavy armor that doesn't make noise when you walk. Thus, you should be able to sneak up on enemies more easily with this armor. That's probably not too useful in pvp, but it might be handy in pve.

I've never noticed that! But it's still pretty lame...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Yep. Still pretty lame and sad it literally got nothing besides the good look.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Han: We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.

Williams: I don't waste my time with it. When it comes, I won't even notice.

Han: Oh? How so?

Williams: I'll be too busy looking gooood.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm

lol

What is this from?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Quote from Enter the Dragon (before Han then kills Williams)
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:27 pm

But he looks gooood dead right?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Don't forget the head piece lets you cosplay as Phineas Gage
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Don't forget the head piece lets you cosplay as Phineas Gage

Bwahaha awesome reference
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:16 am

On a side note, how freaking cool is the name 'Phineas Gage'? The guy should have been a vampire hunter or a drug lord or something with a name like that.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 am

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of that armor? I really don't see any advantage to it either in aesthetics or else...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 am

I would have loved a version without the Crystals, and in red with a white mask...Basically I want to be a shy guy!
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 am

Tolvo wrote:I would have loved a version without the Crystals, and in red with a white mask...Basically I want to be a shy guy!

Lol, I would have liked a version without the crystals but probably black or white, in fact that armor kinda looks like some sick s&m wardrobe, I am sure if you take off the crystals you would look like the gimp from pulp fiction,mainly the mask of course cuz the pants look like kung fu jester cirque du soleil or something.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 am

Try crystal leggings, armor of the favor and crystal gauntlets
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:46 am

Why without the crystals? I think they look beautiful. You guys have no taste silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 am