Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
nhbdy
aceluby
JY4answer
Maneater_Mildred
eneq
9 posters

Priscillas Tail

eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Priscillas Tail Empty Priscillas Tail

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 am

Not sure how much discussions there have been about getting it off after the patch, I tried to get in a number of playthrus and only managed it once before.

So on my new toon I decided I wanted it because he is trying to get every item in the game basically. So totally afraid if killing her prematurely I went in and tried a lot of things but quit/reloaded any time I felt it didnt work.

So I tried;

1. Toxic mist didnt work
    2. Massive hit to the tail before combat, didnt work
    3. Great fireball to the face, didnt work
    4. Repetetive hits with lesser weapon, didnt work
    5. Waiting, didnt work
    6. Testing to cleat my bleed, didnt work
    etc...

So I finally was looking for something else and then it occured to me that the first time I killed her it was with the Iaito, which causes bleed damage. So I loaded up with a low damage bleed weapon (barbed straight sword, unupgraded) and went in swinging....

True enough, 4 hits or so and she is visible.... Not sure if its due to all the things I tried before, or random luck or not but it kinda makes sense that bleeding her would have some special effect.

So any comments or other experiences that speaks against this? I wasnt planning on killing her on next rin through so I can have the world for invasion pvp etc.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Priscillas Tail Empty Re: Priscillas Tail

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:10 am

2 handed lightning washing pole +5 r2 attack gets the tail off in the first hit(aim att the tip of the tail) in ng.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 am

Just keep going at her tail with slashing weapons that hit vertically. Use fire to make her appear, and circle her without lock-on.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 am

Soz maybe I was a bit unclear in my post, I already got the dagger since I got her to become visible, the question is regarding the method I used.

I.E. Does affecting her with bleed make her visible after the latest patch? The reason I ask is that there is no consistent way on the Wikis about how to make her visible.

PS: I tried fire in a number of combinations and it wouldnt trigger her to become visible, and on the wikis there are numerous refernces that fire does not make her visible.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:07 pm

I used lightning to make her become visible. I had a lightning rapier that I would use through a shield, then once visible I'd switch to a claymore and go nuts on the very tip of the tail. I got the dagger when she had a sliver of health left.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Ah yes, after my post I read some more online and it seems lightning also is very effective, which also makes sense since she is a half dragon and thus susceptible to lightning.

Ill try to remember to test these methods in another playthru to see if they are 100% reproducible
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:41 pm

eneq wrote:Ah yes, after my post I read some more online and it seems lightning also is very effective, which also makes sense since she is a half dragon and thus susceptible to lightning.

Ill try to remember to test these methods in another playthru to see if they are 100% reproducible

The key is going to be to get her visible, but not take too much damage off of her. This is why I chose a rapier and didn't upgrade it past the base lightning. This way I have the max amount of health to try to get the tail.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:22 pm

I hit her dead on with a great fireball and she became visible, the only hit I gave here while she was invisible.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:25 pm

i got it off in one hit with a +15 demon great axe at 58 str buffed with resin with the axes 2h r2... and half killed her to...
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Ah, yeah enough damage to the end does it. Its just a matter of getting that before she goes invisible or if you are lucky/good while she is invisible.

I read someone doing firestorms and getting it of by pure luck (or rather the chance is pretty good) but I am sure there is supposed to be a trick to making her visible happy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:48 pm

i started the fight with that super attack... the rest of the fight wads easy and then i got a friend request from my phantom helper who seems to live in poland...
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I think she become visible after 3 hits with any weapon now? Pretty sure all I used was a Winged Spear to hit her 3 times while blocking in Ng++++ to get her visible to chop off her tail.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Its def. not that simple happy

Are you sure it was a non upgrade Winged Spear? No lightning no nothing? If that's true then it just seems random luck and the best way to get her visible is to go in hit her a few times and then quit/reload and retry until she becomes visible.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Yea my Winged Spear is +15 Normal, and it worked both times she went invisible during the fight.

But I'm not 100% sure I was using it, might have been a +5 Lightning Spear honestly its been a week or two since I killed her.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:55 pm

You all know the trick about walking out on to the bridge, right? That's worked well for me. When I see her footprints approaching, I lob one fireball or fire orb. It can't miss because of the narrow area. Then she's visible, and it's easy to stab at the tail. I like it better than just trying to hit her because it's too easy to accidentally do too much damage to her before you get the dagger to drop.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Yup, but I lobbied fireballs etc on her and she never turned visible for me.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 pm

First time I fought her fire orb turned her visible.....but recently tried, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get her to appear.... I even got her to bleed with my bandit knife. So Idk. I'm stumped.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

So its not bleed either, so the last to test is Lightning (atleast sofar). If that doesnt work then I assume its just a quit/reload strategy that would work okish.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Hmm. . . I don't know what to suggest, then. It's just a shame that she doesn't have a health bar when she's invisible. The fight's fun that way, but too risky if you're going for the tail.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am