Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Skullphern
Mr. Tart
tofucactaur
deadagain
IV_Mark_VI
9 posters

Idea for a game item

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Idea for a game item Empty Idea for a game item

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Was thinking about this last night, and how it would be interesting if you could in the Arena collect a user's soul. So instead of Soul of Gwyn you could have an actual item "Soul of username". A token of your victory.

I would think this would be a fun mechanic, and a way to collect key souls that you're proud of.

Thoughts?

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Idea for a game item Empty Re: Idea for a game item

Post by deadagain Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 pm

I like that idea mark, it would add a nice aspect to pvp. I would expand on it and say after 100 pvp soul items are collected you could then forge a unique weapon. Nothing op just unique.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm

i like that idea also, it sounds like it would add something to the game. the idea of forging unique weapons sounds great aswell.... i have often wondered what darksouls would be like if it had a random gen wep system like diablo or something. imagine if the souls you collected had a bearing on the weapon created? could be crazy complex and result in many more unique approaches to PVP
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Sounds like a cool idea if it were to be taken just a bit further into detail, though i wouldn't like the idea of people walking around with my name too much.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:41 pm

That's the point; the item doesnt' do anything but bragging rights (maybe consume it for a variable amount of souls depending on what level the person was that you killed).
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 pm

If that's the only reason to it then i can't say i would like it too much. I play games such as Dks because of many reasons, one of which being the fact that there's no score to it. So if i suck at the game i won't have to worry about it, no one will know. Where it a Arena only item for the DLC i'd be okay with it though.
    Skullphern
    Skullphern

Post by Skullphern Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 pm

I have seen something similar to this, but on a very old mmorpg; Ultima online, to be exact.
    You could collect heads of your victims; they kinda just used space, and also served as grim house decorations.
    I would say this to be not a very good idea, but lets try a tweak to this idea;
    Instead of souls, you could have a temporary ear, much like the darkmoons, only upon obtaining it your could be challenged for a rematch. you can only hold, lets say, 3 at a time, and could be challenged by those three anytime you are human. The people who are earless, would in turn have a phantom ear in their inventory that could be used to challenge the ear holder. The phantom ear would only be useable while the ear holder is online. The earless wouldn't be able to challenge another player under the "ear rules" (lets lay theres another summoning method for this) unless the earholder has dropped the owners ear, or has lost to the ear owner. If the ear is dropped, the owner would be messaged.

"I challenge you for your ear!!!!"
    "What?"
    "I CHALLENGE YOU FOR YOUR EAR!"
    "WHAT??"
    "I CHALLENGE Y- Oh nevermind..."

oh, and lets say that there is a cooldown time, for how long a person can hold another's ear. If they log off, they lose the other players ear, and dont gain a *point* which will be obtained by holding the ear through three consecutive battles. Enough points will be trade-able for souls/ ores / divine blessings, etc.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm

How about every 50 PVP victories (With their souls), you could give your weapons a special cosmetic effect (A La Gwyn's Sword)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm

the souls could be used as currency for armor dyes... 3 souls for a color or something also maybe a gender change/makeover option for like 10 souls...
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Sounds like you all just want what we've all wanted for a very long time...

More customization.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 am

tofucactaur wrote:i like that idea also, it sounds like it would add something to the game. the idea of forging unique weapons sounds great aswell.... i have often wondered what darksouls would be like if it had a random gen wep system like diablo or something. imagine if the souls you collected had a bearing on the weapon created? could be crazy complex and result in many more unique approaches to PVP

Noooo no random generated crap please!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:46 am