Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
mugenis4real
Automancer
densetsushun
The Letter X
skarekrow13
Zephryl
Shindori
11 posters

Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game?

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game? Empty Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game?

Post by Shindori Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:16 am

From what I saw on Design Works, those sets were gonna look sexy as ***. but then for some reason they got scrapped... yet we still got that horrid ninja outfit. I would've loved to sport a straw hat and whatnot with my Iaito. u.u Opinions? Also, what kind of armor would you guys have liked to see?

Also.. I'M BACKBITCHES. <3
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game? Empty Re: Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game?

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 am

I think because they scrapped Shiva's whole questline, they minimized the "Eastern" additions to the game
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game? Empty Re: Any idea why there's not more samurai gear in the game?

Post by Shindori Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34 am

That seems lame.. they should add some DLC for his quest in some way.. he's a fun fellow to fight.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 am

I always felt like they wanted to emphasize the "western feel" of the game. Part of that experience is to keep the "eastern" imports exotic. Aka....not that many of.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 am

I would have loved samurai gear as well, but I agree with skare's point. Besides, I think I prefer running around in an awesome longcoat instead.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 am

Black Iron. Suitable for killing and prom.

Spoiler:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:13 pm

I'd love a gi of sorts, just for cosplay purposes. The lack of anything that resembles it saddens me. sad
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Pray for more in Dark Souls II, then. Adding more DLC content to DkS now is...weird. Nothing like having a swooshy long coat that blow with the wind. The Black Cleric Robe was great but it made gauntlets looks stupid cuz it exposed too much of your skin. Chester's the next best thing if you have the DLC.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:01 pm

It's a WESTERN BASED FANTASY RPG Look Skyward

Even still I agree, one or two more sets of Eastern armor wouldn't have hurt Shrug
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:01 pm

At least we get a traditional ninja in here!!!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:04 pm

There are more people using the "rare" katanas than actually europeans swords, imagine if existed more samurai/ninja armors :affraid:

Edit: welcome back! Joy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah. Really the ninja garb is it. Shiva's helm has some aspects like a kendo helm but most of his armor is actually more reminiscent of India and that region. I believe he was supposed to be an amalgam of "Eastern"
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:29 pm

...I'd like to see some more minimum-weight robes
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Well I want a caveman animal fur robe to go with the clubs.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:26 am

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Well I want a caveman animal fur robe to go with the clubs.

YES. I will name the character Andy from Mission Hill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:35 am