Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
callipygias
Doelker
befowler
SlakeMoth
Nate the Great
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
GamerGirl-619
Dark75Messiah
Danthuyer
Midgar
Whknight
justwant2play
Yesuurd
strangejoy
reim0027
Herbo
aceluby
skarekrow13
meridam99
Turin
Robotech
Jenova_X
Tolvo
dooshka
29 posters

Farming humanity

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Farming humanity - Page 2 Empty Re: Farming humanity

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 pm

My vote definitely goes to the baby skeletons also. It's not a bad place to farm souls either really. The partisan's strong attack just mops them up. On my last build with both serpent rings equipped, I wracked up around 80 humanity and 150,000 souls in about an hour. You're not going to beat that killing rats.

Also, just for the record, I remember reading not long ago, on a different thread, that wearing the Sunlight Maggot while you farm them makes their drops last longer before they disappear. Absolutely not true at all.
    Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:02 am

i have only recently built up some humanity and i have been trying to farm it from rats but it hasn't worked too much.

how much humanity do you typically hold at a time? and does it basically make your character stronger? i know it's supposed to raise item drops (which didn't seem to work much when i was farming) and it does a few other things, but i am only now getting the full picture of what it does.

i just lost 12 held humanity, which is the most i've had at once. haha... i want to be so much further though!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 am

I believe 10 is a decent amount to try and have at all times mostly if you are farming which you would also use the gold serpent ring. If you lose it don't worry to much, it's more helpful to extremely hoard it when you are playing on NG+s or PvPing. Humanity will increase your defenses and will do so even up to the 90s and also increases your resistance to curse, which caps at 30 humanity for 150.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 am

If you have two gold serpent rings,which I have, are you telling me that if I equip both at once it doubles my chance of item drop? I never even considered doing this because I didn't think it worked that way.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 am

Can't equip the two of the same ring, and no item discovery cannot go above 410. There is actually a mimic headpiece, that is I guess is now a rare drop from them, it will give the effects of both silver and gold rings in exchange for hp drain, however only silvers effect will actually stack.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 am

Problem for me with the tomb/baby skellies is that getting back out of the tomb is a huge pain unless you can warp (or, in theory, don't rest at any bonfires on the way down and then homeward bone back out). So I rank them thus:

1) Low level: rats near sunlight altar. Fast and easy, just jump down the ladder, kill, return to bonfire. This even quickly cures poison if they poison you. Plus you can leave a sign down if you want souls from gargoyle runs. Can also be done later in game, as you can warp straight to the altar whenever you need more humanity.

2) Midlevel - Depths. Easy run, lots of rats, and you can make pretty good money off gaping/darkwraith kirk if you also coop.

3) High level - Tomb. Need lordvessel for warping if you want to get back out without breaking your controller, but if so can make a lot of humanity fast. Negatives are that humanity can disappear, and it's kinda spammy and tiring. What can help is if you go human and bring a summon with you, although then you'll have periodic invasions.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 am

Dark75Messiah wrote:For a low level character here's what I do. I drop my whitesign in the bonfire room of the depths. I take out the torch wielding beanpoles, (one both ends of the corridor). By the time you've run it's length, straight down the middle, the six blobs will drop from the ceiling. Take em out. These drop large and green titanite shards, both very useful at early game build.

Run down the steps near the bonfire and dont go down the ladder as this will remove your summon sign. Farm the five rats on the right, turn, kill the one in the box and the one that drops from the ledge and his three mates.

Even without a ring, humanity drop rate is about 1/10 dead rats. You can pinch ten easy in 15-20 minutes and if you're lucky you'll have farmed some shards and maybe earned some humanity and souls from jolly co-operation.

I do exactly the same... It's great because sometimes you can get like the shards and 3-4 humanities in one run. And the plus is the summon for the boss fight. You get souls and one more humanity if you help to kill the Gaping Dragon.

And if while you are doing the boss run and the host gets invaded and you kill the invader, you also get plenty of souls.

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Only bad thing is that you havr to skip the Giant rats and several others if you want your sign to stay
    Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm

i haven't gotten the Gold Serpent Ring yet sad

i just joined the Forest Hunters and was trying out the Cat Covenant Ring but everyone i invaded was hardcore farming! well, there was one group who told me they were just trading stuff... but i could not win! i don't understand who spends all this time lying in wait just to smash on people who actually want to play the game. my character is the strongest he's ever been but i guess still a n00b for online play
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Heh yes, the Forest is its own little world within the game. I encourage you to check out the For the Glory of Alvina thread in the PVP forum. It is full of details and tips on how to make a go of it there.

The gold serpent ring is in Sen's fortress, not terribly far in.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Man, my first time through Sen's it felt like a 2-day trip to that ring. Funny to be able to get there in a few minutes now.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Those boulders are still annoying though since simply touching them damages you
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:27 am

well i dont farm humanity item so a gd method i found is to join the forest and w8 there for red phantom invasions i believe is much more fun oh and its a perfect way 2 get a 1v1
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm

my vote goes for the sunlight alter bonfire. theres 3 rats and it takes about 30sec each run. its much better then the depths and about the same as farming baby skellys in terms of time but sunlight alter bonfire is warpable so its much more convenient imo.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Turin wrote:
    Robotech wrote:
    dooshka wrote:Anyone know of a good place, i keedp getting killed and unable to recover, damn lol!

the best place i've found is in the sunlight altar bonfire

jump down the ladder where the 3 rats are, normally you should get 1 humanity for every 2 rats you kill with 10 humanity and item boost ring. Plus the running distance is very short, so you can rinse/repeat quickly

same opinion. the best place 4 such thing is sunlight altar.
    rinsing n repeating is fast. Rats are near bonfire.

The Depths are more time/efficent because it takes almost the same total time and because there are more rats in the depths you have more chances of getting more humanity. Also you have to climb a ladder doing the sunlight altar method which is a very slow thing to do.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:25 pm

^ It does take a bit longer, but there are atleast 5x as many.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:14 pm

befowler wrote:Problem for me with the tomb/baby skellies is that getting back out of the tomb is a huge pain unless you can warp (or, in theory, don't rest at any bonfires on the way down and then homeward bone back out).

Ummm.....you can't even GET to the baby skellies until after placing the Lordvessel. So by definition you can warp if you want to farm them.

....just saying.... silly

Also, with the shortcuts down the catacombs you can literally go from firelink to the skellies in about 2 minutes.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:58 pm

^The shortcuts are fairly risky though.
    Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:35 pm

when you guys say Sunlight Altar are you talking about the bonfire in the Undead Burg where i spent about %99 of my time when i started this game? because i have been trying to farm the 3 rats up there near the bridge wyvern and i have not had much success. i was doing this holding 10 humanity while i was human and i think i got 1 or 2 humanity after a long time and many trials.

do some rats/areas drop more humanity than others? i can't figure it out... the one rat in the aqueduct gave me a few solid humanity, but it seems like for every one humanity i get i have 20 rat kills that don't yield anything, probably more than that.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 pm

I never farmed under there, that early game you shouldn't need to farm humanity anyways. If you chug estus and need the extra refills I have a bit of advice:

Put your sign down and help someone beat the boss. Most people say "Get the humanity and souls!" That's true, you get those, but guess what else happens to you? Your estus and spells reset. I did this when beating Nito on my Faith build, ran out of estus and miracles in the Pinwheel room, so I put my sign down, beat the boss, and behold! Full estus & castings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:42 am