Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
GTP_Zodicus
StockpileThomas
Myztyrio
JohnnyHarpoon
Mr. Tart
Wilkinson3424
Kerberos-013
11 posters

Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game?

Poll

Do you think the patch changed PVP?

[ 16 ]
    Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? I_vote_lcap73%Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? I_vote_rcap [73%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? I_vote_lcap5%Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? I_vote_lcap22%Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? I_vote_rcap [22%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Poll closed
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? Empty Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game?

Post by Kerberos-013 Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I've had a whole night of PVP to test out the changes on PS3 from the new patch.

Do you guys think the patch revisions have changed PVP, specifically the DWGR, HR, and elemental, and claymores?
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? Empty Re: Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game?

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Honestly without fat flippers. The world will be a better place, Kudos to you From Software!!
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game? Empty Re: Patch Update 1.06 DWGR and backstabbing changed the game?

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I like it better. And just want to point out that unless i'm a total retard, aren't the ''Not at all'' and ''Feels about the same'' essentially the same opinion, just one being more careful with the answer while the other being straight forward about it? Meh, whatevs, even then, it's much better. big grin
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 pm

I am interested to hear what people think, I have a feeling a lot of us are going to start pwning newly created n00bs
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Yes. I win more -c-
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:And just want to point out that unless i'm a total retard, aren't the ''Not at all'' and ''Feels about the same'' essentially the same opinion, just one being more careful with the answer while the other being straight forward about it?. big grin

Yeah I thought about that. I was thinking "Not All" as a response for people that think the patch absolutely did not change a single anything. "Feels about the same" is for things are different , but plays about the same.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 pm

For me I definitely notice the difference, but after only 1 night I'm not sure the overall PVP game has been changed that much.

Which is cool with me because I didn't have a big problem with the way PVP was before the patch anyways. Love this game, before and after the patch.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Even if it didn't effect PVP at all, which is does, I'm just glad I don't have to look at people flipping everywhere. It. Looks. Retarded.

Hurrah for the patch!
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:34 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:Even if it didn't effect PVP at all, which is does, I'm just glad I don't have to look at people flipping everywhere. It. Looks. Retarded.

Hurrah for the patch!

THIS! yayz
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:07 pm

The thing is, I can still chain bs most of the time.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 pm

The more i think about it, the more i realize i've noticed no difference in the bs AT ALL.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

The best part is hearing the mom giants crying on gamefaqs and other forums. I can't help but crack a huge smile everytime i read some complaint about how "the DWGR patch ruined the game".
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Actually...

The more i think about it...

BSs seem easier nowadays...

Didn't they make it harder to bs someone, or am i mistaken?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:49 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:The best part is hearing the mom giants crying on gamefaqs and other forums. I can't help but crack a huge smile everytime i read some complaint about how "the DWGR patch ruined the game".

this!!! if they dont like itt then quit.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:03 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Actually...

The more i think about it...

BSs seem easier nowadays...

Didn't they make it harder to bs someone, or am i mistaken?

It doesn't seem to have changed in terms of mechanics. I'm having no trouble sneaking them in and following them up. I've seen some pretty crazy ones pulled on me, as well. But luckily 2 backstabs doesn't always cut it. Although, I was killed in just one backstab by a Demon Great Machete user today(I had full health, and I assume he used Hornet Ring?)
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:11 am

Yes it changed it, but no because of the popular "oh my gawd giants rolling bs fisher" but because now the armors are more balanced, now we can see more variety because light armor makes a difference.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:22 am

In my experience Backstabs have been transfered to the arena zones.....I never get BSed outside of there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:07 pm