Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dragon body users!

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragon body users! Empty Dragon body users!

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm doing a dragon build shortly (Likely starting it tonight)

Tips, tricks, suggestions, warnings.

I'm thinking of keeping it at a lower level (sub 50/60) for a while. It will be a pvp build at some point. I've never used the body before or gotten past rank 1 in the covenant.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dragon body users! Empty Re: Dragon body users!

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Don't let the armor fool you, nor the stats. It does give off armor resistance, but no poise in that regard. It does fist damage over 20 as well. The stats do not read the different of the body change, so do not blame the stats, it is just how it functions about such a dilemma.

Firebreath and, possibly, the roar and claws can be upgraded by giving scales to the Stone Dragon. The roar no only does a force push, but a short hard buff of damage for a few seconds, in which, for example, can increase the damage of an r1 attack from 300 to 425. depends on the weapon and enemy. As well, the firebreath is also a good substitute to scare enemies away from coming after you, as well as halt shield chargers. The roar just knocks their shields away for you to beat them.

As for the fists, their is barley any stun damage, unlike heavy weapons, however the damage it does is unmistakably good compared to many. If you use a Dragon Weapon, get a good chunk of repair powder for better 100 repair instant after using the R2 Dual attack. The Drake Sword and Dragon Greatsword both have a long shockwave attack, while the Dragon King Hammer has a Wide Shockwave Attack, so try to use them in different situations to remove the idea of no poise damage from your fists. The Dagger and Fist Gloves do not have such Shockwaves, however the dagger is fast (although the least powerful Dragon Weapon in terms of strength), and the fist has an onwards falcon punch that has a 'locked' shockwave attack of its own. Shields are not needed, trust me. That Dragon is meant for you to roll, and Shields can easily be replaced with such causes of power the dragon has in general, with its Dragon Weapons.

Above all, have fun. these are just general ideas, as I have experimented with Dragon body. Good Luck.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Think like if you were naked but with some bonuses, the roar is awesome and should be used more than the fire breath, it acts like the force miracle but it drains stamina and can be used infinitely, It gives you nice damage boost for 6 seconds or so. With naked comes light roll, that can be very effective if you don't use the dark wood grain ring. And the best of all: You look awesome big grin
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm

When you use the force, your stamina also increases slightly faster as well, I have noticed. Seems to be the plus for the sidetrack the insta-depletion it does.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:17 pm

So essentially you become a fast hard hitting str build?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Not only str, it affects every phisical damage. However, Acidic suggested the dragons weapons, which does not have any type of scaling but they have a very high base damage plus they need high str to wield
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Heh, ya. Depends on what weapon you use, but ya. Fun as hell, if you know how to. Remember, to bring those repair powders. The repair sorcery spell will not help you if you use such a Sword for its powers. As well, you can buff the Dragon weapons excluding the Dagger, so... If you are also a miracle worker, a lightning Dragon greatsword would make you, well, hardass

EDIT: To be fair, they are dragon weapons, and he aims for a dragon build, so... what better than the weapons that come from dragons, no?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 pm

They offer some defence and seem to be made for dragon body users. I've been advised in another thread to stay away from upgrading dex. I may consider adding faith to the build. But I'm not quite sure about that.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Well, just remember to aim for a build you are comfortable with. it is never good when you seem to not understand your build, so aim for what is right. Just suggestions, hints, and precautions, is all. The Green Leaf Ring, as found in the Great Hollow, can be your best friend, since the ring does no scale with the Grass Crest Shield (I have seen this, and it does not).
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:26 pm

I was planning on using that ring, along with the wolf ring or the ring of fap.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Wolf Rin will probably save your *** more than the Favour and Protection. It would suck more for you to get hit and not do anything to stop it against fast builds, than it is to accidently not role away from a strength build's hammer thrust, since you can get away from such builds. The wolf would seem more reaosnable
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Remember you can use the torso stone with any kind of build, do not worry about that
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Yes, what Capril says. just aim for the ring against fast hitters. It will be easier for you to take care of that mistake than what doesn't need to be fixed with strength builds. The roar will help, rolling will help, and sometimes even just hitting him will help.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

when you do the forward b then left bumper you do a beak attack that is quite quick ( some people say its a head butt I say its a beak attack)

I use a shield but no weapon for 2 reasons. I use the Dragon Crest shield because it has a beautiful picture of a dragon and its black so it matches well with my dragon and when I am victorious instead of doing a gesture I put my shield up so my opponent sees the dragon on the shield. I just like the symbolism. And it does give you that extra escape from a hit. Say you missed a strike or are fighting 1 vs 2 you can block a hit and jump away quickly instead of taking damage. So at least you are still in the fight.

Its fun, because a lot of people don't see dragons so they kind of pause to see what the hell is that. I have used that to my advantage many times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:42 pm