Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
anath
7 posters

No summon signs / no invasions in Burg?

anath
    anath

No summon signs / no invasions in Burg? Empty No summon signs / no invasions in Burg?

Post by anath Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 pm

OK, for the second night in a row I'm sitting (human) in the Burg with a SL 13 (higher than I wanted, but I was trying to see if levelling up would change things). There are no summons signs, no messages, and I haven't been invaded. This never happened before the patch.

Is everyone just avoiding the Burg with the new DLC, or is something keeping me from connecting to the servers? I'm going to lose patience soon and try it solo, but my success rate with Havel is lower than I'm comfortable with sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

No summon signs / no invasions in Burg? Empty Re: No summon signs / no invasions in Burg?

Post by RANT Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:04 pm

do it solo!!! beating the crap out of havel was so satisfying on my very first build with my battle axe(base)
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

No summon signs / no invasions in Burg? Empty Re: No summon signs / no invasions in Burg?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 am

This game is better played solo, you will be happier when you finally finish it. Also for your first playthrough it is usually a good idea to not pick the master key, but not a big deal i guess. Just practice dodging, doge havels attack and backstab him. You'll get it, and it will feel great.
    anath
    anath

Post by anath Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 am

Did end up going solo, and now have same issue with the Parish *sigh*. Absolutely no sign of being online at all, though I am. My husband and son both were able to successfully summon and be summoned earlier tonight.

Not my first play through; I just really enjoy co op (My other characters have all done significant turns as SunBros). Love seeing what other people have for builds. I tend towards sorcery / miracles, wanted to try a heavy damage dealing char.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:04 am

What system are you playing on?

I'm playing a low-level character on the PS3, and I too noticed a dramatic drop in the invasion rate when it came to the Berg and the Parish before I downloaded the patch. I don't think the patch is to blame in this instance, but suspect that many of the hardened PvP's are now leaving these areas, gearing themselves up for the new DLC Arena, which they'll need to open up the Duke's Archives to get to.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 pm

I was in the Parish last night as a sunbro lvl22 helping kill the gargoyles and I was summoned constantly. I made 14 sun medals in about an hours time.

On the other hand... I only saw one invader.. a SOV.. I kind of killed Lautrec for his FAP ring.. but not a single darkwraith.
    anath
    anath

Post by anath Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 pm

I think someone bounced a server somewhere, because shortly after midnight, messages and blood stains and summons signs suddenly appeared everywhere. Odd, but happy to have been able to summon for the gargoyles.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

I tried to summon 1 person in the archives, I had to use 16 tries. The other 15 failed, in a row.

I really hope they go back to Atlus or JapanStudio for the next installment, because this is not too good. And if you see all the problems the online part of the game gives for pc players, my oh my....

Maybe it has something to do with the dlc, because in that area online is decent (not great, but DkS never was).

Anyway, not my connection (I have a triple A conn needed for my work, with other games I am always the host, not always happy about it though, wish someone else was the host on cod or battlefield lol.) Nat type wide open etc etc. So it is really dks, such a shame....getting summoned btw is always immediate after I place SS, so weird....

Oh, the memory of Demon Souls; 100% summon success. Thanks Atlus! Great job.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 pm

I rarely saw a summon sign last night, and I was playing human most of the time. Hopefully, that'll change tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 11:58 am