Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
SlakeMoth
sunbro
billy_bayonet
PaladinManFace
8 posters

Why are there so many summon signs in the township?

PaladinManFace
    Casual
    Casual

Why are there so many summon signs in the township? Empty Why are there so many summon signs in the township?

Post by PaladinManFace Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

It's much quicker to get to Manus from the dungon.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Why are there so many summon signs in the township? Empty Re: Why are there so many summon signs in the township?

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 am

Sometimes its about the journey not the destination
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Why are there so many summon signs in the township? Empty Re: Why are there so many summon signs in the township?

Post by sunbro Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 am

it's new so it's a hot spot for griefers run in to them alot with all the DLC magic just griefing the DLC newcomers who don't have the silver pendant

And that's why people help eachother
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 pm

I wish there were more around the Artorias gate because I could do with some help in NG+ with my level 176 character but perhaps that's why there was only one summon sign down last night. I kept summoning and he/she kept crystalling out. Obviously didn't like the look of me.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm

sunbro wrote:it's new so it's a hot spot for griefers run in to them alot with all the DLC magic just griefing the DLC newcomers who don't have the silver pendant

And that's why people help eachother

+1

I put down signs there all the time, because there are crazy numbers of people stalking the newcomers. Plus, I like to show people where the pendant is if they don't know. 90% of people just hammer on the wall when they hear the noise, so I pull out the skull lantern to show them.

On the topic of griefers, I'd been trying out a couple of new toons and was just starting at the fire in the undead burg. I summoned a guy, and he spawned in at the EXACT moment a griefer did. Guy was wearing Chester's gear and wielding some nasty daggers (tracer and something with lightning), I was dead before I could blink.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

SlakeMoth wrote: I kept summoning and he/she kept crystalling out. Obviously didn't like the look of me.

I always feel bad about crystalling out but I have to do it quite often as im usually on a bit of a mission helping out someone else ive hooked up with, I usually try and stick my sign somewhere hidden away too but it still gets discovered, so i usually send the summoner a quick apology for having to duck out.

manners cost nowt hey!

had a few times where the summoner had been invaded recently so had to help em out and slay the intruder first before disappearing.

Last edited by eminusx on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm

At least with the DLC, you can throw down an "I'm Sorry" before you do it.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

ha yeah, very true, didnt think of that!

A gallant, courteous knight forever I'll be!!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Why are you calling Township invaders griefers? All the players there needed to have the skill, experience, and gear to beat Artorias. They should stand a fair chance against any invader that comes their way.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Why are you calling Township invaders griefers? All the players there needed to have the skill, experience, and gear to beat Artorias. They should stand a fair chance against any invader that comes their way.

They're not all griefers. But there are a lot of people pulling out the dark magic on folks who haven't discovered the Silver Pendant yet.
    PaladinManFace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PaladinManFace Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm

I don't see what the big deal about people usuing dark magic on people who haven't got the pendant yet is. I've always found it better to roll.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 am

Exactly, simply roll out of the way, says the guy who kept getting hit in the mush last night because he hasn't yet got the timing down on a medium-fat roll! lol
    PaladinManFace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PaladinManFace Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am

Lol I guess it is hard to deal with especially if your not used to it. It's even harder if your not quick rolling.

I guess I was just thinking I like to go through the level on my own and find all the hidden stuff, you know give it a good exploration, before I summon any phantoms. I also like to fight the boss a couple times on my own before I summon any help. I really only summon phantoms when I need help with a boss, so I just hope people still put signs in the dungon too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:30 am