Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
PastaOfDoom
SilenceOfKnights
User
Gol
Tolvo
Scudman_Slayer
Maneater_Mildred
RANT
Pargar-theGreat
13 posters

where has all the honor gone

Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

where has all the honor gone Empty where has all the honor gone

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:33 pm

I feel like a mass majority of onliners don't quite get honorable pvping. Granted i invade a lot in the woods and all rules are kinda out the window there, the kiln may be a different story. because more 1 on 1 fun would happen there, but my question is more based on consoles. because demon souls pvp on 4.1 esp. were always honorable, not killing the host unless he was looking for it.kinda style DO you guys think ps3 keeps this tradition alive better than xbox?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

where has all the honor gone Empty Re: where has all the honor gone

Post by RANT Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:49 pm

there's ******* on both consoles, if you want legit pvp join the FC.,

Last edited by RantFromRant on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Yip this^ the honor moved to blighttown.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 pm

and ahh for fc i am thankfull,... its me tuloom* )
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 pm

there is still honor

...although i can't see it right now *is looking*

but hey if they have no honor so that means i don't have to hold anything back right? right i'll just make them **** their pants in terror while i chase them
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:16 pm

lol agreed on that good sir i've placed red ssd in the woods and have had guys summon me just to try and twop bs me as soon as i enter... lol needless to say they're efforts were fruitless
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:18 pm

they have no honor do they have skill to pull their cheap **** off...pathetic i pains me just to watch them play :/
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Yip this^ the honor moved to blighttown.

Mildred, do you want the farmers to head there too! Shhhhh! :silent:

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Pargar-theGreat wrote:lol agreed on that good sir i've placed red ssd in the woods and have had guys summon me just to try and twop bs me as soon as i enter... lol needless to say they're efforts were fruitless

Yeah, they think they can compensate for their lack of skills by using this miracle but... man, they're *** idiots, it just slows the movement speed, not the attack speed, how many guys did I pwnd by just spamming R1 while they were using TWOP ?
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm

i kinda root for guy twoping as well, they never expect a parry, its funny it seems a lot of people just expect a win cause they twoped. and how wrong they are!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Ow yes, honour...

If you want honour, find those of higher level. If you see a phantom that ends up with such giant armor, havel armor, ornstein armor, or smough armor, that will usually give the sense of dishonour.

I have met many characters, and fought many. I fought people that had claws and whips. I fought people who used the egg head. I fought people who use combinations of armor and weapons, and their sense that not everyone uses the ninja ring gives me hope of diversity. I do not use such a ring, due to the fact that it does not describe my character. I do not flip to survive, I smack. I have seen many different characters of different types. All have their own sense of honour.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:24 pm

i'm excataly the same way acidic cook, though all my builds are dex based, i even don't use that ring i live soley on wolf and hornet ring. when i invade i look to enrich the experience of all involved not get the win at any cost, though it does come down to that. i like coming to the table with style rather than cheap tricks
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Ow yes, honour...

If you want honour, find those of higher level. If you see a phantom that ends up with such giant armor, havel armor, ornstein armor, or smough armor, that will usually give the sense of dishonour.

I have met many characters, and fought many. I fought people that had claws and whips. I fought people who used the egg head. I fought people who use combinations of armor and weapons, and their sense that not everyone uses the ninja ring gives me hope of diversity. I do not use such a ring, due to the fact that it does not describe my character. I do not flip to survive, I smack. I have seen many different characters of different types. All have their own sense of honour.
    are you saying cause i use ornstein armor that i dishonour.
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:51 pm

I don't think Ornstein armour is dishonorable, personally...it provides decent protection for a medium armor but it's not tanking material, and believe me I've tried. Although, the electric resistance is nice when someone decides to run at you with a +10 lightning Washing Pole or something equally stupid.
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:17 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:I don't think Ornstein armour is dishonorable, personally...it provides decent protection for a medium armor but it's not tanking material, and believe me I've tried. Although, the electric resistance is nice when someone decides to run at you with a +10 lightning Washing Pole or something equally stupid.
    thank you u make me fell good. silly
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 pm

SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:I don't think Ornstein armour is dishonorable, personally...it provides decent protection for a medium armor but it's not tanking material, and believe me I've tried. Although, the electric resistance is nice when someone decides to run at you with a +10 lightning Washing Pole or something equally stupid.

I was just stating my opinion, but in all truth I masktanked with a BKGA up until yesterday, so I'm not sure if my opinion is valid here.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

I was just stating my opinion, but in all truth I masktanked with a BKGA up until yesterday, so I'm not sure if my opinion is valid here.

OMG! Is there a way to get a lightning weapon to +10?
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:25 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

what is a BKGA
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Black knight great axe http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Black+Knight+Greataxe

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 pm

SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

what is a BKGA

Black Knight Great Axe, a heavy hitting and popular weapon.
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

Herp derp, I meant +5. I was typing that, then I started thinking about if I should use smough or black quelana's robes for +10 fire spamming noobs, and then I typed it down, and...yeah.
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:30 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

Herp derp, I meant +5. I was typing that, then I started thinking about if I should use smough or black quelana's robes for +10 fire spamming noobs, and then I typed it down, and...yeah.

We should totally start a neverending chain of quotes.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

No... that's just silly, we need to discuss the issue at hand... being that the Ornsteins Armor is perfectly legit and needs no nerfing <3
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

No... that's just silly, we need to discuss the issue at hand... being that the Ornsteins Armor is perfectly legit and needs no nerfing <3

Oh ok thanks.

lol!
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

Oh ok thanks.

lol!

Yeah, you're right, that was immature. But seriously, the only thing that could even be considered overpowered about Ornstein's set is its lightning resistance, and given that there's no other armor that offers decent lightning resistance and that it had mediocre defense against everything else, I really don't understand why that 1 guy classified using Ornstein's set as noobery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 am