Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
PastaOfDoom
SilenceOfKnights
User
Gol
Tolvo
Scudman_Slayer
Maneater_Mildred
RANT
Pargar-theGreat
13 posters

where has all the honor gone

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

where has all the honor gone - Page 2 Empty Re: where has all the honor gone

Post by Rynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:37 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:I don't think Ornstein armour is dishonorable, personally...it provides decent protection for a medium armor but it's not tanking material, and believe me I've tried. Although, the electric resistance is nice when someone decides to run at you with a +10 lightning Washing Pole or something equally stupid.
    thank you u make me fell good. silly

I was just stating my opinion, but in all truth I masktanked with a BKGA up until yesterday, so I'm not sure if my opinion is valid here.

OMG! Is there a way to get a lightning weapon to +10?

Herp derp, I meant +5. I was typing that, then I started thinking about if I should use smough or black quelana's robes for +10 fire spamming noobs, and then I typed it down, and...yeah.

We should totally start a neverending chain of quotes.
    No... that's just silly, we need to discuss the issue at hand... being that the Ornsteins Armor is perfectly legit and needs no nerfing <3

Oh ok thanks.

lol!

Yeah, you're right, that was immature. But seriously, the only thing that could even be considered overpowered about Ornstein's set is its lightning resistance, and given that there's no other armor that offers decent lightning resistance and that it had mediocre defense against everything else, I really don't understand why that 1 guy classified using Ornstein's set as noobery.
    PEople will declare anything you do as noobery if it desroyed tier tactic.
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:I don't think Ornstein armour is dishonorable, personally...it provides decent protection for a medium armor but it's not tanking material, and believe me I've tried. Although, the electric resistance is nice when someone decides to run at you with a +10 lightning Washing Pole or something equally stupid.

I was just stating my opinion, but in all truth I masktanked with a BKGA up until yesterday, so I'm not sure if my opinion is valid here.

Herp derp, I meant +5. I was typing that, then I started thinking about if I should use smough or black quelana's robes for +10 fire spamming noobs, and then I typed it down, and...yeah.

No... that's just silly, we need to discuss the issue at hand... being that the Ornsteins Armor is perfectly legit and needs no nerfing <3

Oh ok thanks.

lol!

Yeah, you're right, that was immature. But seriously, the only thing that could even be considered overpowered about Ornstein's set is its lightning resistance, and given that there's no other armor that offers decent lightning resistance and that it had mediocre defense against everything else, I really don't understand why that 1 guy classified using Ornstein's set as noobery.

That's true, I guess, for most people, but whatever. Also your spelling/grammar was atrocious in that last post. I normally don't ***** about it, but...wow.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:43 pm

PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

Oh ok thanks.

lol!

That's true, I guess, for most people, but whatever. Also your spelling/grammar was atrocious in that last post. I normally don't ***** about it, but...wow.
    I don't even know what went wrong in that post... sorry.
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Kujii wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    PastaOfDoom wrote:
    SilenceOfKnights wrote:

Oh ok thanks.

lol!

I don't even know what went wrong in that post... sorry.

Heh, it looks like what I put on forums after I've been awake for 48 hours off of coffee and MLP...
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Pargar-theGreat wrote: I feel like a mass majority of onliners don't quite get honorable pvping. Granted i invade a lot in the woods and all rules are kinda out the window there, the kiln may be a different story. because more 1 on 1 fun would happen there, but my question is more based on consoles. because demon souls pvp on 4.1 esp. were always honorable, not killing the host unless he was looking for it.kinda style DO you guys think ps3 keeps this tradition alive better than xbox?

I think this idea of "honor" is associated with console PvP games. In any MMO I have played on PC there really is no such thing, it's a free for all as far as anyone is concerned unless you are in a clan of course. I find all these "rules" and "1v1" quite boring personally, I stick with my MMO temperament, to each their own I guess.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:50 pm

mmo's are to crazy, during a battle imo to be honorable there is a lot more going on,but i think this game was made for more 1on 1 or 2 on 2 fighting, which keeps open for a lot more styles of encounters, i think honor is a dark souls thing only, and i'm not sure other games have that approach. i'm not sure i get you'r approach when you say mmo style of play.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:53 am

Pargar-theGreat wrote:mmo's are to crazy, during a battle imo to be honorable there is a lot more going on,but i think this game was made for more 1on 1 or 2 on 2 fighting, which keeps open for a lot more styles of encounters, i think honor is a dark souls thing only, and i'm not sure other games have that approach. i'm not sure i get you'r approach when you say mmo style of play.

On consoles people generally show disdain for doing certain things including interrupting a "duel" or using a certain item, a tactic, camping a spawn, attacking someone the moment they spawn. None of these things apply to me because even though people may show look down upon these things on a console game like Dark Souls, it's a completely different story for MMOs. Generally people do what's necessary to win, there are no rules or honor. That's what I'm use to and that's how I always intend to play. A red phantom may invade a host and his white phantom, next I might invade as a blue phantom, that doesn't mean I'll team up with the RP, hell, I'll probably stab him in the back if the opportunity arises. But yeah I guess these "rules" console players have, do make the game more enjoyable PvP wise at times mainly due to the fact there isn't exactly any incentive in PvP(Dark Soul's) besides beating your opponent fairly and getting that satisfaction from doing so.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:00 am

i see what you're saying. and i'm the same way i think during pvp. unless its one on one then i usually bow and see whose the better man, sans any npc help. ( i usually stand by as the host koll the hunters npcs in the wood, before i attack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:31 pm