Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Looking for some pointers (build, technique, etc)

Eufrasi of Londo
    Eufrasi of Londo

Looking for some pointers (build, technique, etc) Empty Looking for some pointers (build, technique, etc)

Post by Eufrasi of Londo Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm a bit out of my element here. I don't really do pvp in DkS, save for self-defense when a friend or myself are invaded. But I want to try my hand at it. I'm not necessarily playing to win, more playing to have fun, so I would like to cosplay a Darkwraith, and I would be playing on the PtDE for PC. I have a few questions regarding how I should go about this.

1) What are good soul levels for Darkwraith invasions? Will I be better off trying to invade at a lower level, or should I put it off until I'm higher? Should I start invading before I reach my optimal level to gain souls/humanity and to practice?

2) If possible, I would like to shun magic in favor of trickery and thrown items. If this is not possible or not practical, would relying on non-fire pyromancy be acceptable (by this I mean acid surge, poison/toxic mist, and power within. Maybe the dark pyromancy)?

3) Are there any player-made covenants with PC branches that I would be able to join? As I said before, I'm not very good at PvP, and I feel that joining one of these player communities may afford me with practice and techniques that I may not otherwise acquire.

I may have additional questions once I get started, but at the moment I'm looking at a raw physical DEX build that avoids magic (with the possible exclusion of pyromancy, see #2). Thanks in advance for any and all input.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Looking for some pointers (build, technique, etc) Empty Re: Looking for some pointers (build, technique, etc)

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:03 pm

SL 100-125 is most popular, magic vs trickery and thrown stuff and/or bow is really just preference and play style and there should be a few PC user made covys.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm