Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Icegodzilla
passivefamiliar
callipygias
TheBigLebowski
Valentine's
ublug
Rarayn
11 posters

Strange vagrant

Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Strange vagrant Empty Strange vagrant

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Right, so I was wandering around the Burg doing nothing in particular, when all of the sudden I spot an "evil" vagrant. The strange thing about it? It was red and black like a Black Phantom, and disappeared in the same way Crystal Lizards do when I approached it. It also spawned next to the tower where the second crossbowman in the Burg stands, which if memory serves is not a normal spawn point for vagrants.

Does anyone have any idea of what the heck it could have been? I couldn't get a screenshot because, again, it vanished like a Crystal Lizard.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Strange vagrant Empty Re: Strange vagrant

Post by ublug Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:04 pm

The evil vagrants have a claw and will attack you, the good vagrant is more like an egg with legs that runs away. Normal evil vagrants drops 1 humanity, red evil vagrants drops 1 twin humanity. The good vagrants drops different consumable items. I have never heard about a red variety of good vagrants before, but then again I have never met a single one myself.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Btw:
    What system are you on?
    What level is the character you played?
    At what time did you meet it? (approx how long before you wrote this post)

The reason I ask is because I was just in that area dropping some items, trying to make drift items.
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Evil has a Tendecny to become cowards. Maybe the game became more ''REALISTIC''? Well What is it
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm

I was playing the game on PC, the character was roughly level 13-15 at the time, and I made this post maybe 2-3 hours after encountering it.

I got a message earlier in the game that a Gravelord infestation was over. Maybe it is related to that somehow.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 pm

I was once attacked by a vagrant with lasers in the crystal cave, it scared the hell out of me.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Right, having met a few more of these I think it's safe to say that it was a false alarm,. The Vagrants in question are just red and black Good Vagrants. The only one I managed to kill dropped a White titanite Chunk.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:02 pm

So red good vagrants exists?
    It seems like they appear more frequent on the PC version as well.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm

All the Good Vagrants I've met have been red, actually. Maybe they're just red in the PC version? Dunno.

I have only met about 5-6 vagrants, half of them Evil and half of them Good, over the course of a little less than 300 hours of gameplay. I do know that vagrants seem to be common enough, at least in the Parish, to warrant several Orange Soapstone messages about the "strange creature" there though.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Rarayn wrote: It also spawned next to the tower where the second crossbowman in the Burg stands, which if memory serves is not a normal spawn point for vagrants.
    That is a normal spawn point for the harmless vagrants, but as the harmless vagrants are even more rare than the mean ones it's SUPER rare (just like the one on the path down to Darkroot Basin and the one near the shortcut jump in New Londo Ruins). In hundreds of hours of Burg Co-op I've only seen one in that tower.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Haha, this is getting ridiculous. I've met three Evil Vagrants today alone.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:25 pm

....this is junk. I've got one character alone with over 200hours. And a few others that easily put me over 300. And i have yet to see even one. I co-op plenty too. Nadda. I guess i'm just really unlucky. And im ps3, maybe ps3 just got screwed. My dark souls experience will not be complete till i see at least one though. Either even. Grats on finding such a rare one. I hate you. (In a good way)
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 pm

When I played the xbox version I saw 5-10 in only 200 hours of play. But on the ps3 not so many, a couple in the dlc, but in the core game none or 1. Remember for 99% of the community they are rare. It's somewhat of a broken feature, nice in theory but lacking in the real game. And they only drop twin humanities, not worth it. ;-)
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 am

on xbox i saw one around 30-40ish hours into the game. I was like wtf is this thing lol!
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 am

I met a normal evil Vagrant for the first time since the game was released and it shocked the hell out of me.
    I was playing offline when i found it shooting me in the back while farming soft humanities in the Bell Tower. I thought they only appear when online? It didn't drop anything for me though. =(
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 am

I met over 13 vagrants in total. I use to see over 10 accounted for in my mind before the DLC, but like the common BP encounters I have seen in the Royal Forest, the Vagrants also have shown three times. I have never met an Egg vagrant, a good vagrant. i have met orange, blue, and red evil vagrants, and sometimes what looks like mostly white (but the claws are usually always red, the large one). I must say that, of all things, be very wary of the fire. I have seen comrades die ow too many times with those homing darts... which are easy to dodge.

They are mobile drops, usually of humanity. Just humanity for me for the most part, since I never met a 'good' vagrant. I speculate that they are item drops that have gone wrong. Let it be known that, if I am correct, that the prism stone drops (not used, but you can pick them up from the 'yellow sacks' that act as an item drop by a player), as well as other items, similar to vagrants. Still, it is hard to say how a Vagrant is made... but due to where I saw the orange Vagrant at, the titanite Demon in the Catacombs, and it shot lightning, I expect it to be Demon titanite. Hard to say.

I am still fully willing to learn more about those crabs.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm

saw red/black phantom type Vagrant today in Seathes library where the channellers are, it dropped twin humanities.

Ive only seen one other before, on the bridge you cross right before you fight Gwyn, think it had a machine gun as it fired a **** load of something at me and knocked me off!

curious creatures!

edit: balls, saw another in Anor Londo aswell I remember now, up the steps and above the huge doors to O&S. . .

not hugely exciting but there you go! :roll:
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

I've seen a couple vagrants in my playtime.. WORST ONE THOUGH was near the 4kings entrance, where you summon beatrice. That *** made me jump.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:27 am