Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ChizFreak
Shindori
6 posters

Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works?

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works? Empty Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works?

Post by Shindori Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 pm

I've been at the Painted World of Ariamis for a while now and nothing...
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works? Empty Re: Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works?

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gravelord+Servant

People actually have to touch your sign to invade you. Up to 3 people can invade you. But they not have to be necessarily from your gravelord sign, maybe they are just random invaders so be prepared to face random DarkWraiths/Darkmoons. Best thing it's to stand in a highly populated place, like close to the bonfire or just before the 1st Gate that leads to the spear guys group.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works? Empty Re: Can someone explain to me how Gravelord-ing works?

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 pm

You probably already know the basics of the covenant, but anyway:

Gravelord servants can curse other players world. Cursing can cause additional black phantom enemies to appear in the cursed player's world. These black phantom enemies (disasters) appear only if the cursed player is in ng+ or higher. Player can still be cursed in ng, but no black phantom enemies will spawn.

The cursed player can invade the gravelord servant through his sign as a spirit of vengeance and attempt to kill the gravelord servant. When the gravelord servant is killed, all black phantom enemies disappear: "disasters are gone after the defeat of gravelord servant".

I have had trouble getting any spirits of vengeance invade me when gravelording in painted world too. I think that is because players rarely have reason to enter painted world when they're in ng+ because they can simply get everything they need in ng. I don't know if that is the reason, but that is my guess.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm

...TGHIS SUCKS IM BECOMING A CHAOS COVENANTEE AGAIN.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:16 am

Nah, go for Forest Hunters and be extremely happy once you kill both campers happy
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Shindori wrote:...TGHIS SUCKS IM BECOMING A CHAOS COVENANTEE AGAIN.

Join the Darkmoons SHINDORI...BECOME ONE WITH THE DARKMOONS SHINDORI...
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Don't punish only the guilty SHINDORIIIIII, punish them all SHINDORIIII, Alvina awaits you SHINDOOORIIIIIIII.... !
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Gravelording is actually extremely rewarding and porbably if done right can generate the most 3v1 scenarios and face paced invasion/pvp play.

In all honesty its not too hard to do if you know the tips and tricks to it. DxV threw up a thread in the covenants section about how to gravelord with videos from Ribosome about all the Red Phantoms that can spawn all over Lordran and even in the new DLC areas.

Trust me when I say that Gravelording should be more popular than it is....though there is little appreciation for it due to having to wait for several minutes for a curse to drop (I mean during that time you could be clearing out the area of enemies).

I would love to see a big influx of Gravelords but as it stands people still think the cov is broken.... IT IS NOT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:43 am