Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
PlasticandRage
IV_Mark_VI
TheAshenPhantom
7 posters

Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it)

TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it) Empty Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it)

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 pm

As the title says I had a strange experience in a co-op I was in. I had dropped my sign infront of Artorias' boss zone like I usually do and got summoned. A bit afterwards I get summoned and it's someone who needs to fight Artorias, nothing unusual there but then they drop something and point at it for me to take. To my suprise they wanted to pay me for my services with a Humanity... I have never been payed for taking on a boss as and found it odd that they would pay me a Humanity when they don't even know if I'm capable of handling Artorias. In anycase we went on and fa defeated him with little to no problems. I just found it odd to payed a humanity for an unknown outcome especially to a stranger. Though they were a sunbro so.. but still.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it) Empty Re: Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it)

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Maybe they were just being friendly. I do things like that; not to pay anyone, but just because.

Occasionally, I'll invade someone, and if they're weak I'll just leave them some consumeables, like Resins or Poison arrows or something. Or humanities.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it) Empty Re: Odd experience with Co-op. (If this is in the wrong fourm please do move it)

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Maybe they were just being friendly. I do things like that; not to pay anyone, but just because.

Occasionally, I'll invade someone, and if they're weak I'll just leave them some consumeables, like Resins or Poison arrows or something. Or humanities.

That is possible, I just found it extremely odd. There were a few times during the fight that I thought Artorias was gonna get the host if I hadn't bum rushed him to get his attention. But yeah, I just found it odd as it was the first time anyone has ever payed me to take on a boss.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Sometimes if somebody does something good for me I'll directly ask if they need anything and then see if I have it. Hell sometimes I gift people if I have something extra in my inventory that I
    don't need just to get it out of my inventory. I've done it for all kinds of reasons. There's also some specific times that I always try to gift. For example if I'm up for a duel and I see a dragon eye, with any build other than my dragon, I'll usually summon and drop all my dragon scales. I don't need them, and clearly they do. I guess for me it's about creating an increasingly better DkS community
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:01 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Sometimes if somebody does something good for me I'll directly ask if they need anything and then see if I have it. Hell sometimes I gift people if I have something extra in my inventory that I
    don't need just to get it out of my inventory. I've done it for all kinds of reasons. There's also some specific times that I always try to gift. For example if I'm up for a duel and I see a dragon eye, with any build other than my dragon, I'll usually summon and drop all my dragon scales. I don't need them, and clearly they do. I guess for me it's about creating an increasingly better DkS community

I see. I wish someone would give my main dragon scales XD In anycase I dont really need anything but the souls from the boss fight as I don't really care for the humanity plus I just enjoy fighting Artorias and the chance to co-op withothers every now and then.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 am

What's your soul level? I probably have some extras kicking around with a couple of my builds
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:07 am

PlasticandRage wrote:What's your soul level? I probably have some extras kicking around with a couple of my builds

My main is sl 138 but I'm on ps3.
    wolf_queen7
    wolf_queen7

Post by wolf_queen7 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 am

I seems rare latley but every now and then I run into a genuinely nice person, such as one time when I invaded someone that right off the bat gave me three humanity and still wanted to fight afterward.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am

wolf_queen7 wrote:I seems rare latley but every now and then I run into a genuinely nice person, such as one time when I invaded someone that right off the bat gave me three humanity and still wanted to fight afterward.

That is odd. If that happened to me... I think I'd be too confused to do anything XD
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 am

Oh I always still fight the dragons afterwards. Where's the fun in just BSCing out? You're SL's too high for me. My builds that have em are a lot lower, or I woulda hooked you up.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Oh I always still fight the dragons afterwards. Where's the fun in just BSCing out? You're SL's too high for me. My builds that have em are a lot lower, or I woulda hooked you up.

It's alright, thanks anyways. happy
    In anycase I just enjoy helping others with bosses.
    lazy_moonfish

Post by lazy_moonfish Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:35 am

I think this behavior is in fact quite logic and as a very precise meaning: I have trouble with this boss, so i may not have the time/opportunity to heal you quite often, and beacause i realize that you are helping me and that i don't want you to spend too much humanity for my ***: here's one.

This happened to me in the exactly same context today (sunbro, artorias, host in difficulty) and tat's how i interpeted it.

PS: sorry for my awfull english
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 am

That's actually one of the few things I think will have a negative impact on the community now that the BB glitch is gone. There probably won't be nearly as much gifting. Although I guess that's both good and bad. I've had people gift me with numerous slabs before and in a sense it can kinda ruin the game. Just because if you have them it's hard to not use them and if you use them then you can suddenly be pretty OP at a pretty low SL, which for me kinda takes the air out of a play through

But at the same time it's hard to be upset with someone for randomly giving you slabs
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:39 am

lazy_moonfish wrote:I think this behavior is in fact quite logic and as a very precise meaning: I have trouble with this boss, so i may not have the time/opportunity to heal you quite often, and beacause i realize that you are helping me and that i don't want you to spend too much humanity for my ***: here's one.

This happened to me in the exactly same context today (sunbro, artorias, host in difficulty) and tat's how i interpeted it.

PS: sorry for my awfull english

I hadn't thought of it that way.

Also your english is english is pretty good, even better than most who speak it as their native tounge.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 am

Well disagree. I mean how much is a slab worth if people are giving out 98 slabs at once? They no longer feel special. Your weapons no longer feel special.

I for one, relish having +14 weapons and just a very few +15 or +10 pieces of armour.

Less gifting means things have increased in worth. This is not a bad thing.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 am

PlasticandRage wrote:That's actually one of the few things I think will have a negative impact on the community now that the BB glitch is gone. There probably won't be nearly as much gifting. Although I guess that's both good and bad. I've had people gift me with numerous slabs before and in a sense it can kinda ruin the game. Just because if you have them it's hard to not use them and if you use them then you can suddenly be pretty OP at a pretty low SL, which for me kinda takes the air out of a play through

But at the same time it's hard to be upset with someone for randomly giving you slabs

I can see your point there with gifting but I rarely fight bosses because I want a payment, I do it because I want to help or because I want to face my favorite boss again or etc.. Usually I will try to gift back an item of equal value as way to show I appreciate the guester. (Sorry if I misspelled it, long day at Navy PTs today.)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 am

That's what I mean, it's kind of both good and bad. I challenge you to not accept freely given slabs, but at the same time it can ruin the game for you.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:That's actually one of the few things I think will have a negative impact on the community now that the BB glitch is gone. There probably won't be nearly as much gifting. Although I guess that's both good and bad. I've had people gift me with numerous slabs before and in a sense it can kinda ruin the game. Just because if you have them it's hard to not use them and if you use them then you can suddenly be pretty OP at a pretty low SL, which for me kinda takes the air out of a play through

I can see your point there with gifting but I rarely fight bosses because I want a payment, I do it because I want to help or because I want to face my favorite boss again or etc.. Usually I will try to gift back an item of equal value as way to show I appreciate the guester. (Sorry if I misspelled it, long day at Navy PTs today.)

I don't think that's a bad way of looking at it all. By gifting back you're both communicating that you helped simply because you enjoy doing it, and perpetuating another helpful gesture. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 am

PlasticandRage wrote:That's what I mean, it's kind of both good and bad. I challenge you to not accept freely given slabs, but at the same time it can ruin the game for you.
    Wouldn't accepting freely given slabs make you nigh invulnerable?

I miss the tick.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:49 am

PlasticandRage wrote:That's what I mean, it's kind of both good and bad. I challenge you to not accept freely given slabs, but at the same time it can ruin the game for you.
    I have only one 15+ weapon on my main and that is the Washing pole. The rest of my stuff I did to get the boss weapon. Armour wise I think I've only upgraded a few armours to +5 and my sanctus shield to 10+. I did all that either buy farming the item or farming the soulds needed to purchase them from the NPCs and that was before NG+ and some of the patches that changed the inventory of said NPCs
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    Wouldn't accepting freely given slabs make you nigh invulnerable?

I miss the tick.

Not necessarily, and I'm only using slabs as an example. I just mean that I'm assuming the lack of the BB glitch will lessen the amount of random gifting in general. I used the slabs as an example because I can see how it can have both good and bad connotations at the same time. Good in that it perpetuates the kind of gaming atmosphere I like to see in the community of a game I'm passionate about, but bad because it can be game breaking. Don't take what I'm saying as a defense of the BB glitch, I'm actually really glad it's gone, and believe it or not, never learned how to do it. Judging from your responses I'm guessing you're like this too, but I think a big part of the fun in having a powerful build is the process and challenge of playing through the game to build it.

Yeah me too. Sooooo much. Such a great show/comic. I was never a fan of the live-action Tick though, just the cartoon.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 am

It's a joke, based on your avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick_(comics)

The Tick was 'nigh-invulnerable'.

Sigh!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:09 am

I can't believe I missed that. It's been a long day.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 am

The Tick... A part of my childhood that I loved so dearly. Still love it to this day XD
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am

It is still pretty common for hosts to reward summons, it's just usually done after a level has been cleared but before the boss fight (since obviously you can't reward them after the boss fight). I have several coop builds that actually rely on humanity drops from hosts for their healing, since they have no healing ability of their own and time spent farming is time spent not cooping. One went from 10 humanity items to 50 just from handouts in Anor Londo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:34 pm