Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
AzureCrow
FruitPunchNinja
Somethodox
Back Lot Basher
Marino.
Nybbles
Valentine's
kiwi_commander
BindMind
PlasticandRage
14 posters

Shotel or Gold Tracer?

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Shotel or Gold Tracer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shotel or Gold Tracer?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:39 pm

I actually ended up going with a combo of both. Because it weighs so little and has such a functional offhand moveset the Tracer works pretty well as a secondary close range deterrent for a sorcery build. The Shotel is definitely remaining my primary though. I'm doing a lot of damage with it buffed, and, like you said, I can do that damage right through a shield.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:12 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I actually ended up going with a combo of both. Because it weighs so little and has such a functional offhand moveset the Tracer works pretty well as a secondary close range deterrent for a sorcery build. The Shotel is definitely remaining my primary though. I'm doing a lot of damage with it buffed, and, like you said, I can do that damage right through a shield.

You pretty much said it. I have been against both recently. I am high poise , high stability guy and the Tracer never does well against me. It usually takes 5-6 hits for them to get the bleed to pop on me with shield up. I wait for there stamina to run out from hacking away and then it is over , 2-3 shots from my GS and duel is over.

Shotel on the other hand is much more tricky. Because you are not relying on bleed build up you can just slowly wack away on a guy like me , just stay close so they cant heal. I have always found the shotel to be much more of a pain to deal with.

If you are going against a soft squishy mage , probably Tracer , but I would say it wouldnt matter much , mages are pretty easy to deal with. Just beat the sh!t out of them winking.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 pm

So the Tracer evidently doesn't work very well if you're trying to get Seath's tail off. I accidentally just killed him with it. Everything was going fine and then he started taking really severe bleed damage really quickly. Almost like it took awhile for his meter to fill but once it did it took off almost a third of his health. Every hit I landed was on his tail and it still didn't come off.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 pm

The tracer has epic bleed buildup, and hits harder 2h than its AR suggests. It also combos well with the r2.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 am

I was 1 handing it for most of the fight just because my build is fragile enough that if he'd got me with a tail swipe without my shield up he probably would have killed me. Had I known that was going to happen I would have just used the Shotel. For some reason I just expected the Tracer to be a more effective weapon at tail cutting. I suppose if nothing else killing a boss with it by accident is a testament to a weapon's power
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 am

I almost never get bled out in PvP. It had happened about 3 or 4 times during the course of a PvP career, until I had a series of duels with a good GT user who bled me out 3-4 times in 15-20 minutes. Its bleed is not to be underestimated, nor should its power be. Though it has less AR than the PGS, it seems to do a lot of damage when 2h (more than the usual 2h multiplier for Curved Swords) and has a far more viable moveset.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Thank you PlasticandRage. That explains it. Have only just started the DLC and got wopped by Artorias twice. Sounds cool.

Only twice, so far? Need help?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:19 am