Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area)

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area) Empty Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area)

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:16 pm

So I'm not sure if this works on any other platform, simply because I only have a Ps3 to try it on, and unfortunately I have no way of making a video of it aside from what would be a shoddy cell phone video, although I guess if there's any demand for it I will, but because it's just a silly little thing I'm not bothering immediately. First experienced this farming stone guardians for twinkling titanite. From the Oolicile Township bonfire run back through the Arty arena out to the area where Chester is, but don't cross the bridge, directly in front of you is the elevator that leads up to an area where you'll come out behind a few ent gardeners and two stone guardians. Aggro the closest guardian, which I've been doing by casting soul arrow at it. All 4 enemies should turn and come after you. Ride the elevator back down then run just outside the door to the elevator room and wait. All 4 enemies will walk right after you and suicide down what I'm assuming is the empty elevator shaft, but oddly their bodies fall way outside the building on the lawn out front.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area) Empty Re: Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area)

Post by bmurn Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 pm

They might just be jumping off the cliff as opposed to coming down the elevator. Either way is equally quick and ineffective.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area) Empty Re: Weird Enemy Suicide Bug (Ps3 DLC Area)

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:31 pm

I actually tried to find a spot up there where they could be just walking off a cliff and didn't see one. They also don't quite fall, they just sort of appear dying on the ground like 15ish feet away. I mean you really don't get a thing out of doing it. There's no real benefit outside just being an odd thing. I will post a video in a bit so you can see what I mean.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

You get the souls and drops though, correct?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Well yeah you do, but you still have to run all the way back and forth to the fire just for 4 enemies. I guess that could be used to farm if one were so inclined, I have been taking that group out that way each time. If nothing else it saves you from having to fight a pretty powerful mob. Those guardians can be a nightmare in groups
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bmurn Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah, I could see it being useful for getting Guardian stuff, but for mass farming, a slow go.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I did manage to get like 20 stone axes in the process of experimenting with it
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:09 pm

It seems that the game is processing the top and bottom of the elevators as separate areas. So when you take the elevator they are following and falling to their deaths however they are then unspawned when you arrive at the bottom and enter the next area. It's not necessarily a glitched but that the corpses are being re-rendered when you reenter the area. Definitely a cool and useful exploit. cheers
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I think you're absolutely right. I literally just came back on to post that I think they are actually walking off the cliff. I just found the spot up top where I think they're doing it. I think you're spot on too, because I just walked off that ledge and I fell, but then sort of cut out for a second and died on the ground. It just looks like they're appearing because they're rerendering. You're right.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 am

I tried replicating this on xbox, I can get them to fall by standing on the opposite side of the elevator's hole causing them to die and reliably drop their loot on at bottom, but they don't seem to want to follow me down. Shrug
    There must be something to the exact spot you run to that causes them to jump, and it seems I was wrong about them being different areas, those damn guardians will follow you all the way down into the abyss and stay there waiting for you. Look Skyward
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 am

Should I just post a video? I wasn't going to but you two at least seem to be showing some interest in it. I will if you'd like me to

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:24 am