Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Akatik
CrackSouls
Whknight
SlakeMoth
Carphil
Serious_Much
RANT
zappo
meridam99
befowler
lucanious
Scudman_Slayer
GrEeNgObLiN
Teh_hapy_octopus
DarkMoonKro
Flubious
Macvash
21 posters

The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling?

Macvash
    Macvash

The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling? Empty The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling?

Post by Macvash Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:41 pm

So what was the most rewarding experience you've experienced in this game?

For me, it was fighting Ornstein and Smough with a dude I summoned who was basically the tank, while I fired off spells, and the Sunbro. 3 of us just kicking ***, was amazing. I honestly didn't get hit once. Then to get to the bonfire closeby to open the door and kindled my boner, I mean bonfire.

How long did it take you guys to leave that room?
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling? Empty Re: The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling?

Post by Flubious Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Knocked a stat modding invader off a cliff near the entrance to Sif after a 10 minute battle.
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling? Empty Re: The single most memorable rewarding experience/feeling?

Post by DarkMoonKro Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Discovering the backstory of Lord Sif and devoting myself to the moon. Lol.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:52 pm

fighting a pyromancer acting like he was suck a boss using all his good spells and after like 10 minutes of throwing fireballs he throws a tiny fireball nd i throw a freaking great fireball right in the face
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Teh_hapy_octopus wrote:fighting a pyromancer acting like he was suck a boss using all his good spells and after like 10 minutes of throwing fireballs he throws a tiny fireball nd i throw a freaking great fireball right in the face

hahaha that really must felt good!!!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm

walking slowly after some fleein guy who just got his health bar torn in half by me
    and seeing as he goes to ranged attacks and i just dodge them by rolling to the side

as my motto says

"its fun if they fight back,however its even more fun if they run!"
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm

getting invaded by a BB glitcher who had full ornstiens and dragon slayer spear, i riposted him and backstabbed him, he started running and fell off the edge in the undead burg. *****
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:12 pm

1) Using my sl16 sunbro to nursemaid a complete noob all the way from the Sunlight Altar bonfire to victory over the gargoyles, including all goodies/minibosses along the way. This guy was so lost that we were invaded 3 different times because of how long it took, and I won each fight while somehow keeping him alive as he ran around in panicked circles. He didn't even know he could heal me, or that he had to go through the fog gates first (I actually had to message him about it when we got to the gargoyle gate because he just stood there for like 3 minutes thinking I would go through the fog first). Afterwards I was exhausted like I'd run a damn marathon or something - but he sent me a really nice message about how many times he'd died to invaders etc and how he was about to give up on the game before I helped him.

2) Fighting a griefer in the burg, I made him eat a chaos fireball and then when he tried to pivot backstab me I kicked him back into the residual lava and he melted.

3) Got summoned as the second summon in Blight town, and when I arrived the host and first summon were already almost to Quelaag's lair having killed everything along the way. When I arrived at the fog both started spamming obnoxious "Well, what is it" gestures like I'd purposefully hung back or something. Then when we entered they both ran forward, ate a full Queelag fireblast, and died simultaneously. You can guess my gesture.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

befowler wrote:1) Using my sl16 sunbro to nursemaid a complete noob all the way from the Sunlight Altar bonfire to victory over the gargoyles, including all goodies/minibosses along the way. This guy was so lost that we were invaded 3 different times because of how long it took, and I won each fight while somehow keeping him alive as he ran around in panicked circles. He didn't even know he could heal me, or that he had to go through the fog gates first (I actually had to message him about it when we got to the gargoyle gate because he just stood there for like 3 minutes thinking I would go through the fog first). Afterwards I was exhausted like I'd run a damn marathon or something - but he sent me a really nice message about how many times he'd died to invaders etc and how he was about to give up on the game before I helped him.

2) Fighting a griefer in the burg, I made him eat a chaos fireball and then when he tried to pivot backstab me I kicked him back into the residual lava and he melted.

3) Got summoned as the second summon in Blight town, and when I arrived the host and first summon were already almost to Quelaag's lair having killed everything along the way. When I arrived at the fog both started spamming obnoxious "Well, what is it" gestures like I'd purposefully hung back or something. Then when we entered they both ran forward, ate a full Queelag fireblast, and died simultaneously. You can guess my gesture.

number 3 made me LOL
    zappo

Post by zappo Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:47 pm

It's not as exciting as the other stories, but the most memorable moment for me was my first night playing dark souls. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and it took me a full night of gaming to get the hang of it. After hours of practice, I finally got good enough to make it all the way through upper undead burg to the boss with enough flasks left to make a real attempt. Hours of death after death probably had something to do with it, but beating that first real boss was the greatest feeling I've had from a game in a very long time!
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 pm

For me...when my kids were born.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm

i was hosting in kiln, get invaded i buff my machete with slb he then runs away until i run out of slb while trying to get me with hcsm and css. after about 5 mins he runs out of spells then casts cmw and chips away at my health until i have about 50hp and he has about half his hp cause hes wearing mom, now im thinking im gonna die so he was in for the kill with the running attack of the estoc which gets me alot of times but not this time, i parry the dude but dont see it and roll away then i see it and roll back and i still have time to bs him since trying to riposte wouldve gotten me killed cause i saw i had no time for it. good times.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm

When my thread got to 1723 posts (altogether), making it the longest thread linked to the DkS wiki silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:45 pm

When I killed a spammer with 22 health left!

But the first time was when I killed Bed of Chaos. Really.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:51 am

Completing my first play through of the game last night. El Cinder had given me a lot of grief so it felt great when I finally defeated him.

It might not seem like much of an achievement to a lot of people but I feel like I've struck a blow for women gamers, who I think don't get taken seriously enough by the gaming community.

Oh, and incidentally, I'm sixty six years old, which proves that it's never too late.

As George Bernard Shaw said 'We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.' Now there's a thought to conjure with.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:57 am

I respect that, I once met an older woman, 50s-60s I think, playing Horde in Gears of War 2.

Still my greatest memory/feat/whatever is soloing S and O my first playthrough after many attempts without even Solaire. It was hard, brutal, unforgiving, frustrating, raging, and sometimes down right stupid, even more so because I was trying to beat Super Ornstein for his soul. I can't really describe my feelings when I finally dropped him to his knees. It was glorious!
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:01 am

The best feeling I get occurs often. And it's in my signature.
    Lagstaabs included though.

Last edited by CrackSouls on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am

Congrats slakemoth! I think and hope people of all ages play games like Dark Souls, it's more fun and even has health benefits. Like many gamers I'm in my 30s and plan to play as long as I can. I've also been trying to get my parents into it a bit. Like many from older generations, they don't follow the development and tend to think of games as either Tetris things or old Nintendo/Atari stuff. I showed them a bit of Fallout 3 recently (4 years old btw) and it blew them away.

On topic, another thing I enjoy is a good old drop attack. The hit radius on those things is crazy and I think they count as criticals. Had a fun one last night in the Parish, the invader chased the host off that edge where the Channeler usually stands, and I rolled over the edge after him and managed to land perfectly on him dead denter with a claymore drop attack. Flattened him to the ground and then he did that little one arm raise dying thing while pinned there like a butterfly. It was hilarious
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 pm

I have two that happened recently..

1. I was invaded in Anor Londo by a DMB. I'm not really a PVP spec I was in full Black Iron and Eagle shield. After a bit of circling and trading backstabs (yeah, even as slow as I was, I was still able to backstab him), he caught me swinging my greatsword. I was vulnerable and he was coming in for the backstab. But then, I used a spell I haven't used all fight...Wrath of the Gods. Boom, he's dead. I'm sure I didn't look like a cleric or a faith user. That must've surprised him.

2. Defeating Gwyn finally. After going through the entire game blocking every thing with my greatshield, I had to adapt my style so I could parry. Having never tried parrying before, I defeated Gwyn on my first try. Sure it wasn't perfect, but I still beat him. One of the most memorable play throughs I've ever done.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 am

For me it would have to be the time I was invading the guilty in Darkroot Garden and practicing for Kiln pvp. I had been invading for about an hour and a half and came across another three man group of farmers who proceeded to soundly thrash me three times while I was wearing my light armour and spear loadout. After this grammatically poor piece of hate mail rubbing in my "lack" (note: I'm not all that great but I think at least on par with most players) of pvp ability so I got serious. So I got out my Washing Pole and Brass Armour, like the Darkmoon I am and invaded him again. Seconds in they ambushed me on the steps where I spawned. I managed to get off my Darkmoon Blade before the first guy got to me and killed him in two shots but lost about 80% of my health to a Crystal Soul Spear. I got away and healed up and came back for the mage. He died while casting. Then took the fight to the host who while losing tried to run but died quickly.

That was my first 3v1 victory and a pretty sweet meteing out of Darkmoon justice. Not to bad all in all and showed him I wasn't too shabby at pvping.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Happened a little bit again mostly proud cause I had such trouble with doing it before~ Had made it to the bonfire past the Silver Knight archers and went into the room next door with the spear knight. As soon as he gets close he starts readying the sweep attack, and I just parried by mistake and actually nailed it, then stabbed him with my sword while laughing like a mad man.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 pm

lucanious wrote:getting invaded by a BB glitcher who had full ornstiens and dragon slayer spear, i riposted him and backstabbed him, he started running and fell off the edge in the undead burg. *****
    That is just fantastic.

I was trying to decide if my favorite moment was FINALLY beating O & S the first time, or FINALLY beating Four Kings on ng+, or FINALLY beating Gwyn, and therefore the game, for the first time. But I think the best feeling I've had in DS is the first time I saw "YOU ARE BEING SUMMONED..." on my TV screen. I was so excited. It continues to be my favorite feeling in the game---especially helping people beat Four Kings at higher levels.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 pm

winning any of those insanely close fights where i'm rolling around like sonic 40% of the time. esp if its 1v3. nothing like that brief moment of feeling like god.
    Domhnall
    Domhnall
    Regular
    Regular

Location : Crosslegged in the Sewers, Occasionally Under a Bridge

Post by Domhnall Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:35 pm

For me it was probably beating Sen's Fortress for the first time after dying about 12 times. Hated that place, but now I love it!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Another one... Just beat Super Smough with a bow, never done it before. NG++ I wasn't able to really get close to him, a single head on hit was killing me, so I threw every sunlight spear I had and took the last 3-5 or so % of him with my +15 Pharis bow. Felt really good after several screwups.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:22 pm