Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
zzCLR2Rzz
aceluby
Griever
SlakeMoth
BARZOHD-
nhbdy
DxV04
User
Maneater_Mildred
lucanious
DarkMoonKro
Oh_the_Humanity
Danthuyer
gammlesvarte
18 posters

Im a coward

gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Im a coward Empty Im a coward

Post by gammlesvarte Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 pm

I just realized im a coward i always stay in areas i know like now the depths for a couple of days...i just dont dare to go to a new area and im afrieid of dying and lose my hummanity and souls i saved

Im a big coward...dam it i just realized that
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Im a coward Empty Re: Im a coward

Post by Danthuyer Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Shame on you !!!!! silly

if testicular endowment.... is an issue then its okay.. we have all been there you just gotta push on.

It does get easier.. trust me
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Thats why Dark Souls is so amazing...is there any other game that you've played that makes you actually scared to traverse a unknown area?
    You shouldn't be so afraid, but I remember my first playthrough and having the master key. I started may way thorough the Valley of Drakes via the gate in new londo ruins, and started may way into what I now know as the back entrance of Blighttown, and being terrified to go any further once the lighting changed to Darkness...those memories of the first play-through, you'll only experience once....so enjoy and don't be to afraid.
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:48 pm

As one of the those players who get way too in to the game, dying can be a very upsetting and traumatic experience. I definitely stayed in one of the beginning places(Like near the bell gargoyle) and over leveled all my stuff before I dared go down into Lower undeadburg.

If you're afraid then just upgrade your stuff, prepare yourself, and always try to find an out-of-the-way hiding place in case you're invaded. Also, travel in a group if you can find summonsigns.
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 pm

i feel bad for you now because your entering the worst god damn place in the game.....blight town
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Travel in a group. Lmao thats great. Bow
    Post of the day.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 pm

yea i know but you kknow how it feels to die somewhere and start over and you lose all the souls and hummanity im getting so mad when it happens but thats why a game is great you are verry cousies and take it easy and slow and crawl in dungeons walk relly slowly so you dont rush and get jumped from behind...

thats the thrill i like but i hate to die

one more thing i dont want to die whit my 480k souls i farmed in depths so i guess im gona do some lvling or just spend it all on items like moss and stuff like that
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 pm

lucanious wrote:i feel bad for you now because your entering the worst god damn place in the game.....blight town

I laugh at you.

Blight town is not the worst place in the entire game. The Great Hollow is the worst place in the entire game. In order to obtain certain treasures, you need a good amount of coordination, and pray that their is a way to get down. If not, then you are screwed. Falling is bad, and curses if it kills you is worst than toxin, believe me (only got killed twice, but that was because I was prepared... same as how you can prepare for toxins). You can fall down in the Great Hollow easier than Blighttown. As well, the three large mushroom dudes is, although maybe easy in NG, NG+ and higher will be a lot more harder. WAY harder, when fighting the Mushroom people. I can deal with toxins and the enemies with any shield and crappy poison resistance armor, but the Greta Hollow can not save you, unless you wear armor of the Gods (maiden, lautrec, etc.)

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 am

hahaha I laugh at all of you! well giggle at all of you.. and specially gameslasvarte..

its actually perfectly natural to feel that. I felt that all of us felt it at one point or another.. however, just wait till you get to the TOMB OF THE GIANTS :affraid:

Au revoir (you did say you are French right?)
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:41 am

DxV04 wrote:hahaha I laugh at all of you! well giggle at all of you.. and specially gameslasvarte..

its actually perfectly natural to feel that. I felt that all of us felt it at one point or another.. however, just wait till you get to the TOMB OF THE GIANTS :affraid:

this is not helping arghhh think i will go play barbie online or my litel ponny

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 am

gammlesvarte wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:hahaha I laugh at all of you! well giggle at all of you.. and specially gameslasvarte..

this is not helping arghhh think i will go play barbie online or my litel ponny

You are cool man!! that post made LOL.. hey remember this piece of advice.

do not go to the tomb of the giants until you have visited lost izalith. make sure you make your way up to the bridge thats above the lava. and get the sunlight maggot helm..... it will help you a lot in the ToG..
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 am

Unless you have intelligence over 16. Get cast light from Dusk. Should help ya
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:23 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Unless you have intelligence over 16. Get cast light from Dusk. Should help ya

SHRUG dam you all make it sound so hard i just went to SL 70 and still havent beaten depths sight
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:29 am

You will do fine!!! big grin
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 am

DxV04 wrote:You will do fine!!! big grin

yea i need just to gather some strenght then i will be fine but for now its sleep time...enyoj all
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:44 am

for reference the recommended level to clear your first game is 60-70... so co-op may become a challenge till you hit kiln, good news though, you don't need it and can still likely find it (or ask for it in the other section of the forum) so don't give up! forge onward!
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 am

nhbdy wrote:for reference the recommended level to clear your first game is 60-70... so co-op may become a challenge till you hit kiln, good news though, you don't need it and can still likely find it (or ask for it in the other section of the forum) so don't give up! forge onward!

Thanks im gona try the depths boss when i wake up today
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:36 am

Good Morning all now i feel strong and will take on the depths boss demon...btw you guys said i will get problems to co-op now when im sl70 but wont i be able to co-op whit ppl that are on NG+ and are in the same sl range?
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:22 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Thats why Dark Souls is so amazing...is there any other game that you've played that makes you actually scared to traverse a unknown area?
    You shouldn't be so afraid, but I remember my first playthrough and having the master key. I started may way thorough the Valley of Drakes via the gate in new londo ruins, and started may way into what I now know as the back entrance of Blighttown, and being terrified to go any further once the lighting changed to Darkness...those memories of the first play-through, you'll only experience once....so enjoy and don't be to afraid.

Dude dead space and dead space 2 made me scared just by walking down a hall lol
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 am

I'm in a bad place myself right now. Fear of failure yet again has made me give up on beating the final boss for the time being. Somehow I just can't figure out a way to do it. I've tried all kinds of gear but so far I've not had a glimmer of hope. Usually, with the other bosses I've been able to see a gap in their armour but the Lord of Cinder has me well and truly beat. I want to finish the game really badly and it's not like me to give up but I've decided to go play something else for a while and come back to Dark Souls refreshed.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:23 am

I must admit i struggled on Gwyn first time round, only beat him the other week.

I was around SL75 and my gear was pretty good, well I considered it good.

Had full Black Knight Armour +5, Grass Crest Shield +9 and a Man Serpent Greatsword +10ish.

I found the biggest opening to attack Gwyn is when he uses his slow grab, dodge that then attack him. I also found using the pillars around the room helps. I.e get behind one so he hits the pillars instead.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:
    lucanious wrote:i feel bad for you now because your entering the worst god damn place in the game.....blight town

I laugh at you.

Blight town is not the worst place in the entire game. The Great Hollow is the worst place in the entire game. In order to obtain certain treasures, you need a good amount of coordination, and pray that their is a way to get down. If not, then you are screwed. Falling is bad, and curses if it kills you is worst than toxin, believe me (only got killed twice, but that was because I was prepared... same as how you can prepare for toxins). You can fall down in the Great Hollow easier than Blighttown. As well, the three large mushroom dudes is, although maybe easy in NG, NG+ and higher will be a lot more harder. WAY harder, when fighting the Mushroom people. I can deal with toxins and the enemies with any shield and crappy poison resistance armor, but the Greta Hollow can not save you, unless you wear armor of the Gods (maiden, lautrec, etc.)

Fall control is your friend for the extras in the great hollow. If you miss, just homeward bone back and try again. I actually think the great hollow is a superbly designed level.

That's one thing other developers could learn from From, great level design.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm

just parry the lord of cinder, he is not that bad
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I love reading these threads of yours, gammlesvarte! It's fun to be reminded how it was going through the game for the first time!

I would spend most of those souls before going into Blighttown. In addition to moss, you might want poison arrows/poison throwing knives for some ranged attacks. Good luck!
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

fearandwhiskey wrote:I love reading these threads of yours, gammlesvarte! It's fun to be reminded how it was going through the game for the first time!

I would spend most of those souls before going into Blighttown. In addition to moss, you might want poison arrows/poison throwing knives for some ranged attacks. Good luck!

Its spend on moss i was also in to dark root garden and kicked the 3 golems in the begining dam they are hard but lucky slow like a old lady of age 98....still havent done the boss in the depths needed to explore something else for a short while..and when i was about to do that i loost my internetconnection...but i will try tonight...

and btw i have no friends that plays darksouls so i need to go and rage and speak of my excperience somewhere

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:41 am