Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
hageshisa
raecor14
6 posters

the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet *

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet * Empty the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet *

Post by raecor14 Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 am

Do you like to be in a group of players and have your own customs without limitations? so do i! so thats why i propose the wanderers of Lordran! no real rules apart from no hacking and abuse. no real area that we call our own because we own all of Lordran. NOW you may all be wondering why i am making this, well i used to be part of a successful cov. but the rules and ranks and such got in the way of the idea of the game, to help or hinder other players in such a hostile environment that even thinking of all the times you have died pisses you off yet thinking of all the times you have helped a person that otherwise may never have been able to defeat said boss or knowing that someone was fine until you killed them pulls you back into the game. now this covenant dose have ranks but they are purely a status thing no real privileges other than respect and ranking is based of the good ol' fashioned honesty system and the new aged video evidence. rank 1- wanderer of lordran, 2- knight of lordran 3- lord of lordran and last 4. keeper of lordran. you can also get special ranks by doing various tasks E.g assassinating 50 players of reasonable skill will earn you an "Assassin of lordran title or something of the like. now what separates this from other covs? the community, as there are no limitations on hat your allowed to do past hacking or abusing we will need a strong community leader, and this task is not fit for me as i am 16, in school and about to go through all that stuff, so if you want the position just apple below, person with a nice rep wins a title of their choosing and the head seat, apply away.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet * Empty Re: the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet *

Post by raecor14 Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 am

members
    Raecor14- "First of the fallen"
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet * Empty Re: the wanderers of Lordran *speculation not a real cov..... yet *

Post by hageshisa Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:16 am

First of the cov board is empty as it is. Even the small cov tourny have a small amount of participants. Dont know if you have noticed that most new covs here dont make it long. So if you really really wanna do this you might concider to atleast write something readable cuz that wall of text is terrible and screams sixteen.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey chill out man hes just bouncing ideas that your being an *** screams 14
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Guys, please play nice.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm

I was just saying the obvious Ash. Its not like the cov section is crowded. Dough even gave up on NK due to low activity on this section.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Its low but in two weeks i recruited 8 people
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Which cov do you run?
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Im with the far east
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Far East Trainers actually contribute with some great stuff for the Cov section. Since no othdr cov specialize on xbox platform. I just wanted to say that the section really isn't in need of new covs. Sure it's my own opinion, but I'd rathee see the existing small covs grow than having multiple new small covs. Also, it is a good move to actually write a good OP for a new cov suggestion.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm

its cool i just dont like peoples ideas being stomped out I think if you gotta idea you give it a go if it dont work you can say you tried
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:12 pm

It's fine to give criticism, just don't make it become insulting. I can understand your sides but just leave it to the content. For future reference.

Mentioning the poster's age wasn't necessary.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:26 pm

I should have wrote 14 then. The age thing was in general. The piece of text above really is terrible but i guess I could have wrote my opinion about it in a better way.

And to actually contribute to this thread:
    Raecor14, you should concider making your wanderers a DarkMoon cov since that kind of needed. A great tip is do create something relativly unique cause thats what attract members for most parts. Also you should be aware that a Covenant doesn't run itself. You will have to sacrifice a great amount of time to success.

It's not that I'm synical, but it hurts to see covs shut down. Old ones and new ones.

Edit: sorry for typos, using iphone
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:14 pm

raecor14 wrote:Do you like to be in a group of players and have your own customs without limitations? so do i! so thats why i propose the wanderers of Lordran! no real rules apart from no hacking and abuse. no real area that we call our own because we own all of Lordran. NOW you may all be wondering why i am making this, well i used to be part of a successful cov. but the rules and ranks and such got in the way of the idea of the game, to help or hinder other players in such a hostile environment that even thinking of all the times you have died pisses you off yet thinking of all the times you have helped a person that otherwise may never have been able to defeat said boss or knowing that someone was fine until you killed them pulls you back into the game. now this covenant dose have ranks but they are purely a status thing no real privileges other than respect and ranking is based of the good ol' fashioned honesty system and the new aged video evidence. rank 1- wanderer of lordran, 2- knight of lordran 3- lord of lordran and last 4. keeper of lordran. you can also get special ranks by doing various tasks E.g assassinating 50 players of reasonable skill will earn you an "Assassin of lordran title or something of the like. now what separates this from other covs? the community, as there are no limitations on hat your allowed to do past hacking or abusing we will need a strong community leader, and this task is not fit for me as i am 16, in school and about to go through all that stuff, so if you want the position just apple below, person with a nice rep wins a title of their choosing and the head seat, apply away.

First, you should break up the text into smaller parts. A wall of text like that might be a bit repelling at first. You can look at the other cov's first page and try to make something similar. A good and orderly front page is a lot more appealing than a wall of text.

Then you could clarify some of the rules. Do you have any armor/weapon restrictions (i don't think so, based on the idea behind your cov), What's your in-game lore, if you have any? do you have any preferred in-game covenants? etc. Right now the cov seems unfinished (like you said in the title).

I don't know if this will become a successful cov or not, but i wish you good luck happy
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:11 am

I think that the concept behind this covenant will turn away almost anyone. A lot of the point of being in an online covenant is for interaction with other players beyond only summoning another player to help you kill the boss; it's to play in games, duels, wars and a menagerie of activities, roleplaying and styles that usually isn't available without something akin to these covenants. As I understand, the focus on lore, theme and alliances and enemies is missing entirely based on the fundamental concept of the covenant you're suggesting. This sounds something akin to a Nightwatch group, which would make this a duplicate. Altogether, I think this idea is bound to get few to no active members; I suggest you come up with another theme or join a different covenant. Regardless of what you decide, I hope you are and do well!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:09 am