Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Tomhet
Mr. Pancake
Tolvo
Isirith
Lord of Ash
Odinbear
FruitPunchNinja
steveswede
LoreFF
aceluby
Bcc17
DMC
WandererReece
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Buggy Virus
fujiphoenix
Walter_White
Juutas
Emergence
Knight Alundil
24 posters

BB glitch aftermath

Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

BB glitch aftermath - Page 2 Empty Invader Trader Store of Wonders

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

My seekers, smiths, and I can supply anyone with whatever they require to make a build souls weapons armor etc just come to my shop (link in my signature) and Ill hook you up for the small price of your scraps I can give you enough souls to go from 3 to 703 in no time at all we also supply the materials for making weapons if you prefer it that way just come on down YALL HEAR well blow your mind

:affraid:
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

BB glitch aftermath - Page 2 Empty Re: BB glitch aftermath

Post by Isirith Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Why you'd want to go all the way through the game just to come back to the beginning
    to fight people who stand zero chance of fighting back makes no sense.

That's like me running over to a kid's park beating a few of them up and then claiming
    I can do that cause I've been 'further' into life... And no-one can say anything.

And besides I think people are down for being Invaded they just don't want to be Invaded
    by someone they can't win against. I'm all down for losing.. But it better be to my lack of
    judgement or my opponents skill.

Anyway.. It's good it's gone we had something 'nice' and we abused it...Who knew eh?
    We humans need strict supervision. We cannot live on our own.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Wait you mean I cant beat up little kids
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Isirith wrote:Anyway.. It's good it's gone we had something 'nice' and we abused it...Who knew eh?

That's why we need robots to rule the world. They will supervise us to protect us.lol!
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 pm

I volunteer to rule
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 pm

I nominate 3 people to rule us, Fex, Baal, and Emergence. silly
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 am

Isirith wrote:
    That's like me running over to a kid's park beating a few of them up and then claiming
    I can do that cause I've been 'further' into life... And no-one can say anything.

This comparison has been made before and I don't think it's the same at all. The main difference is this is how the player learns to use the humanity/hollow system, gauging when it is the right time to reverse hollowing to summon and risk being invaded. Invasions are also a part of dark souls and every part is a learning process and learning how to deal with invaders more powerful than you is part of the game.

And besides I think people are down for being Invaded they just don't want to be Invaded by someone they can't win against.

I get invaded constantly by people I would have said I couldn't win against when I was a newer player but you learn about these things as you go. First time you get invaded by someone with a lightning wep chances are you'll lose but that's the only way you learn.

I'm all down for losing.. But it better be to my lack of judgement or my opponents skill.

Depending on your point of view you could argue that taking a low level character through the game to get the gear and acquire the ability to invade requires a lot of skill.

Anyway.. It's good it's gone we had something 'nice' and we abused it...Who knew eh?

If you read my OP you'll see that i'm talking about people who didn't use the glitch and are getting branded as BB glitchers simply because they were so common. If you're opinion is that BB glitchers or griefers are nasty, horrible people who suck at the game and don't play it properly or whatever that's totally fine; it's just not what i'm trying to discuss here.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Learning how to deal with Invaders around your level is what the developers were aiming for
    I believe...
    There is no fun in fighting another player when you stand ZERO chance of winning.
    I'm assuming everyone who plays this is up for a little tiff here and there.
    BUT! Against people who are more or less equally matched

Your right... Getting through the game at such a low level would require
    alot of skill... So why would you return to a starting area!?

Surely after such a feat you'd wanna further your skills no?

Bottom line is.. I agree with what Fex said in another thread.
    People CAN get to end game at a low level, however, people DON'T. They cheat... Or use to..

Also... There is nothing to 'learn' from when someone waltzes upto you hits you once and you die.
    Mr. Pancake
    Mr. Pancake

Post by Mr. Pancake Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Yeah people like to hate :/
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Isirith wrote:Learning how to deal with Invaders around your level is what the developers were aiming for
    I believe...
    There is no fun in fighting another player when you stand ZERO chance of winning.
    I'm assuming everyone who plays this is up for a little tiff here and there.
    BUT! Against people who are more or less equally matched

Your right... Getting through the game at such a low level would require
    alot of skill... So why would you return to a starting area!?

Surely after such a feat you'd wanna further your skills no?

Bottom line is.. I agree with what Fex said in another thread.
    People CAN get to end game at a low level, however, people DON'T. They cheat... Or use to..

Also... There is nothing to 'learn' from when someone waltzes upto you hits you once and you die.

So basically i've tried to point out that there are a group of players who actually worked hard and put in the effort to do stuff in the game for a challenge and you're saying "No, there isn't and you're wrong". Cool, no problem man. If that's the Dark Souls you play then I feel bad for you.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:18 am

If that's what you think I've ment then you might wanna re-read it.

People do challenges ALL the time. I know...
    And they deserve their praise.
    But you seem to think that every 'low level invader' has done some
    epic challenge to acquire their gear and has earned the right to harass
    people in the starting area's.

Reality is, unfortunately they haven't. Well I doubt half as much of the people who
    claim they have, actually have.

I bet if EVERYONE had all their stuff reset you wouldn't get anymore of this 1 shot
    business.
    People can't BB glitch anymore sure. That doesn't stop the characters who were 'glitched' before the patch.

Shame FROM's Soul Level 700's don't still patrol Lordran. I wonder how many of these EX-Glitchers would call ******** when they are on the receiving end of a 1 shotting toon...
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:54 am

The other day my SL 27 char got summoned in the Undead Parish. I was just saying hello to my summoner when I got shot in the back. There was an invader using the Avelyn with lightning bolts and dark magic. He was even wielding the Manus catalyst. I mean, really? Is that what get people off? Killing n00bs with OP stuff? Even if they finished the game to get their gear, I think it's just pathetic.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:45 am

Isirith wrote:But you seem to think that every 'low level invader' has done some
    epic challenge to acquire their gear and has earned the right to harass
    people in the starting area's.

Knight Alundil wrote:I hope there are people out there that realize
    there are people who go to the effort of getting gear at low levels. It
    does actually happen sometimes.

Knight Alundil wrote:Yeh I accept that there's alot, and my main
    point is that i'm trying to speak out for a minority.

That's from my first two posts in this thread man. Don't tell me to reread something if you won't read my original posts properly happy

Isirith wrote:People can't BB glitch anymore sure. That doesn't stop the characters who were 'glitched' before the patch.

You realize this is the entire point i'm trying to make? That people, just like you right now, are saying that everyone at low levels with gd gear is a glitcher, even now that they've removed the glitch. Is that fair on the people who got it legit?

You can say what they're doing with it is unsavoury if they're one of the people who choose to invade low levels. And that's your opinion and that's fine.

The only thing i'm saying is that people do, sometimes, go through the effort instead of glitching. I'm not trying to argue about anything else; griefing,ganking,dancing or whatever.

Last edited by Knight Alundil on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 am

Mr. Pancake wrote:Yeah people like to hate :/

Cheers for getting my post man big grin
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 am

Just a quick point I want to make. Every conversation I have that's like this goes the same way. I try to talk about the BB glitch and people talk about griefing. They are seperate entities. Yes there is alot of conversations where you have to cover both but the conversation i'm trying to have now isn't really one of those.

I remember playing at launch. I remember before the BB glitch was discovered. I remember low level op invasions.

Wait what? Low level OP invasions from people who never had access to the BB glitch?

:|
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 pm

I didn't mean to come across as saying everyone's a cheater.
    But there are far, far more people who cheated then those who did it legitimately.
    Am I on the right track now?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Isirith wrote:I didn't mean to come across as saying everyone's a cheater.
    But there are far, far more people who cheated then those who did it legitimately.
    Am I on the right track now?

So the people who didn't use it; is it fair to refer to them as BB glitchers?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 pm

i'm a total cheater, i admit it, if i can find a shortcut to save some time i will take it.

that said, while i did use the BB glitch for almost every toon i made, i only used it to copy those items which were a pain in the *** to farm (titanite, humanity etc). i still had to pick up all the weapons and armour and the like, i just didn't have to farm for hours to be able to upgrade them the way i wanted to.

now that the bb glitch is gone, i'm back to farming for hours, stuck in a repetitive time consuming loop of never ending boring so i can finally have a decent weapon before i move on to the next area of the game.

not everyone will agree with this, and not everyone will restrict themselves to my personal code, which was strictly for my personal enjoyment of the game and why should i expect anyone to follow my personal preferences?

did i invade NG+ at low levels (40 and under mostly) sure, but not very often. was i intentionally trying to gank low level noob toons, no. more often than not i invaded players who were amuch higher level than i was or it was a 2 or 3 on 1. which is super challenging and fun even if i died most of the time. did i slay low level noob toons when i did invade them? sure because "welcome to dark souls, enjoy being hollow".

on a side note, what the heck is this whole honour thing about anyway? for crying out loud, it's dark souls! prepare to die!

if you want honour duels, don't expect it from random invasions and don't get pissy if the other player doesn't fight fair. if you want a fair and honourable duel, use the red soap stone, summon dragons or go play in the new arena. that way it doesn't matter who glitches what items because both of you will likely be using your preferred maxed out gear and who really cares if one of you spent 1 hour and the other spent 40 hours to get it.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Nybbles wrote:i'm a total cheater, i admit it, if i can find a shortcut to save some time i will take it.

that said, while i did use the BB glitch for almost every toon i made, i only used it to copy those items which were a pain in the *** to farm (titanite, humanity etc). i still had to pick up all the weapons and armour and the like, i just didn't have to farm for hours to be able to upgrade them the way i wanted to.

now that the bb glitch is gone, i'm back to farming for hours, stuck in a repetitive time consuming loop of never ending boring so i can finally have a decent weapon before i move on to the next area of the game.

not everyone will agree with this, and not everyone will restrict themselves to my personal code, which was strictly for my personal enjoyment of the game and why should i expect anyone to follow my personal preferences?

did i invade NG+ at low levels (40 and under mostly) sure, but not very often. was i intentionally trying to gank low level noob toons, no. more often than not i invaded players who were amuch higher level than i was or it was a 2 or 3 on 1. which is super challenging and fun even if i died most of the time. did i slay low level noob toons when i did invade them? sure because "welcome to dark souls, enjoy being hollow".

on a side note, what the heck is this whole honour thing about anyway? for crying out loud, it's dark souls! prepare to die!

if you want honour duels, don't expect it from random invasions and don't get pissy if the other player doesn't fight fair. if you want a fair and honourable duel, use the red soap stone, summon dragons or go play in the new arena. that way it doesn't matter who glitches what items because both of you will likely be using your preferred maxed out gear and who really cares if one of you spent 1 hour and the other spent 40 hours to get it.

That's all great man, but you've said absolutely nothing about what this thread is about. happy
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:That's all great man, but you've said absolutely nothing about what this thread is about. happy

the point is that dark souls has gotten (for me) allot more tedious without the bottomless box glitch, and that it shouldn't matter at all who used/didn't use the bottomless box glitch when it was around.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Well for all the people who chose not to use it from the start and constantly get called cheaters it does matter, hence why I made this thread.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Well for all the people who chose not to use it from the start and constantly get called cheaters it does matter, hence why I made this thread.

fair enough.

it seems to me, whether i cheated or not, the looser almost always assumes that i could only beat them if i had cheated somehow, because they are just that awesome. besides they probably cheated as well so…meh.

it's like that Lance Armstrong thing, so what he took steroids, he also had to beat everyone else who was also taking steroids. the only reason why the other athletes don't admit to it is because they cheated and they still lost, how embarrassing for them…but that's neither here nor there so i'll shut up now.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:Well for all the people who chose not to use it from the start and constantly get called cheaters it does matter, hence why I made this thread.

fair enough.

it seems to me, whether i cheated or not, the looser almost always assumes that i could only beat them if i had cheated somehow, because they are just that awesome. besides they probably cheated as well so…meh.

it's like that Lance Armstrong thing, so what he took steroids, he also had to beat everyone else who was also taking steroids. the only reason why the other athletes don't admit to it is because they cheated and they still lost, how embarrassing for them…but that's neither here nor there so i'll shut up now.

Dude no stay here lets talk this out. I don't think we're on the same page here at all.

I'm not saying anything like "Oh BB glitchers are bad and blah bah blah" that's not what im saying at all.

I'm talking about the people who didn't glitch. Ever. These people who get summoned into others games and as soon as they get there they get hatemail for glitching. These people who actually put the effort in. I'm not talking about losing to glitchers or anything like that at all.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:26 pm

i guess it just doesn't bother me either way, but i'm weird because those types of hate messages calling me a cheater or a ganker or whatever amuse me. those types of folks always seem to assume that they are so awesome that the only way i could have beaten them is through an exploit or glitch.

but why anyone expects random invasions to be played fair, on an even footing and fought with honour boggles my mind, bb glitch or no.

if i summon someone through a rss or dragon eye and they are obviously op for their level, i say kudos for being awesome. if they also do anything to win, in a situation where a certain level of fairness is expected, then i assume that they glitched because that's just what people will do when all they care about is winning. if i beat them despite all of that, i feel awesome for putting them in their place, even more so if they accuse me of doing the same thing that they likely did (whether i actually did or not).

is it fair for them to assume you're a cheater? definitely not. i just take pride in the fact that i not only beat them, i embarrassed them. the best ones are the times when the other player simply can't stand loosing so they physically disconnect.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Cool, then we agree! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:28 pm