Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
passivefamiliar
Tomhet
Reaperfan
WandererReece
8 posters

Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ?

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ? Empty Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ?

Post by WandererReece Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 pm

According to the game, the symbol of avarice's item drop rate will not stack with the gold serpent ring. However, I found some interesting, unconfirmed info from one of my sources.

Farming Note: If you are farming at Painted World of Ariamis, in addition to Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and 10 Humanities, starting off at bonfire by wearing Symbol of Avarice, even Item Discovery don't change, you have better chance of at least one Souvenir of Reprisal drop, even with patch 1.05. I've tested it without wearing Symbol of Avarice and I get one per five runs. With Symbol of Avarice, I get one per run. Confirmed: Did a couple of runs with just 10 Humanity and the Ring and got about one Souvenir per 1-2 runs. I started equipping the Symbol of Avarice and ended up getting 2-3 on each run. Could it be that Item Discovery increases beyond 410 without it showing?

According to this, item drop rate will go past 410 if the ring and symbol of avarice are equiped.

Has anyone tested or confirmed this?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ? Empty Re: Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ?

Post by Reaperfan Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 am

Just looking at the menus, if it does go beyond 410 it doesn't show it. With 10 Humanity, the Gold Ring, and the SoA all at once it still shows your Item Discovery as 410. If it actually goes beyond that then the value is hidden.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ? Empty Re: Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring > 410 ?

Post by Tomhet Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 am

I don't think there's a way to confirm it but I do have the impression that you have better results when you go past 410. Yesterday I was doing some testing and I got two slabs when I was using the Symbol. But it may have to do with patch 1.06, I remember reading somewhere that slabs weren't going to be as rare as they used to be.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 am

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a more hidden factore above 410. But to test would need a very very large documented sample pool. So....it's a nice thought. And if your farming and can afford the ring slot and the helmet change you might as well go for it.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 am

I don't use the Symbol of Avarice because I know what would happen if I was Dark Wraith hunting in New Londo. I'd be so intent on trying to see where they are (it's so dark in there) that I'd forget that my health was depleting and end up disappearing in a cloud of smoke.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm

How much would the Sanctus counter the SoA? Would it slow it down enough to be viable? I remember in DeS, I used to carry the Faith weapons and regen ring while in the VoD, and it would arrest the poison effect completely.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Sanctus has so tiny an HP regen as to be unable to counteract anything. It only restores 1 HP per 2 seconds.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm

I heard a theory that the amount it heals you increases with faith. I don't know if it's true. I kind of doubt it, but I heard it none the less. You could always use a combo of the sanctus and replenishment though. Or even the sanctus, replenishment, and the black eye ring. Ooooooooor the sanctus, replenishment, the black eye ring, and the butchers knife.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 am