Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
FruitPunchNinja
Back Lot Basher
6 posters

Bottom line: are there issues with PS3 DLC?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Bottom line:  are there issues with PS3 DLC? Empty Bottom line: are there issues with PS3 DLC?

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 pm

I recently re-acquired my PS3 copy of Dark Souls and was going to dust off some of my old game saves. Thinking about getting the DLC as well, but I've seen a lot of comments about some issues. What's the bottom line? Is it pooched, or are these things just minor glitches?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Bottom line:  are there issues with PS3 DLC? Empty Re: Bottom line: are there issues with PS3 DLC?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes, the DLC for MANY people on ps3 is pretty much unplayable while online. You can do PVE offline just fine however. Online, summoning signs are invisible,fog gate glitches,magic/pyro is invisible, certain enemies are invisible,, it is a mess.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Bottom line:  are there issues with PS3 DLC? Empty Re: Bottom line: are there issues with PS3 DLC?

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm

I guess. I honestly haven't had any of the problems with the DLC yet with PS3.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:39 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Yes, the DLC for MANY people on ps3 is pretty much unplayable while online. You can do PVE offline just fine however. Online, summoning signs are invisible,fog gate glitches,magic/pyro is invisible, certain enemies are invisible,, it is a mess.

Wow, that's too bad. Having spent much of my time on the Xbox for the last six months, I missed out on all this. I assume they're working on a fix?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 pm

It is ONLY ps3, PC and 360 are fine.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Any theories as to why it only affected one format?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 pm

no theories that make sense to me anyway…most link the problem to PSN somehow, but how would being online change the visual effects of the game (spells, glowing flowers, loot on corpses etc.)? bonfires not re-spawning and messages or summon signs glitching out i could understand. but why everything else even when you are all by yourself (no invasions or co-op)? none of which relies on any online coding at all to begin with? if there was a PS3 update that changed how it renders 3D perhaps. but wouldn't that also affect offline play as well and not just the DLC? i just don't get it, especially since it worked perfectly for a few weeks after the patch/dlc was released. could it be a virus of some kind that only affected the PS3 and only the DLC?

Last edited by Nybbles on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Nybbles wrote:especially since it worked perfectly for a few weeks after the patch/dlc was released.

I find that part baffling.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Travelled from the Oolacile Township bonfire, off'd Kalameet, then went back to take on Manus, all on-line, with not so much as a flicker this evening, and I took my time as I was exploring the Abyss for the very first time.

Oh and I off'd Manus on the first time of trying, all be it with baby Sif's help, but I'm still pretty chuffed with myself all the same. big grin
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm

have you experienced the graphics bug yet Gaz? for some reason it seems not everyone does, it also seems to be a lot worse for some then others.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Yes, it was pretty bad the night before last, I then went off-line for a bit, did a bit of farming, and came back on-line yesterday evening to find everything had gone back to the way it should be. A possible fix perhaps?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:05 pm

My personal opinion/advice is to wait to buy it until after the fix. It's worked fine offline for me as well, but the big draw for me was the arena, which is pretty much unplayable at the moment. If you just want the equipment and to fight the new bosses than you can do still do that, but I'd be surprised if From wasn't already working on a fix. They must know the problem exists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:18 am