Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
FattyOfDoom
Buzurgshah
lextune
johnnyjwa
cloudyeki
Carphil
Glutebrah
robsthedon
Knight Alundil
OrnsteinBro
AzureCrow
Montante
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rudmed
cloudstrife070
22 posters

magic barrier = lost the battle

johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

magic barrier = lost the battle  - Page 2 Empty Re: magic barrier = lost the battle

Post by johnnyjwa Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 pm

AzureCrow wrote:There really should be some sort of ring or spell to prevent taking more than 2/3 your health in 1 hit. If an attack can take half my heath I should have dodged but 1HKO's just suck the fun out of pvp.

The only reason GMB has become so common as of late is because the Oolacile sorcery suffers from almost as much lag as bs's. Without the latency issues even pursuers is just an above average spell.

If I had a nickel for every time I got hit by pursuers after I clearly see them hit a wall and disappear...well I'd have a lot of nickels.
    Buzurgshah

magic barrier = lost the battle  - Page 2 Empty Re: magic barrier = lost the battle

Post by Buzurgshah Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 am

As a mage against GMB I roll a lot and try to wait until it wears off. Also, dont underestimate a good weapon - moonlight sword could be swapped for an upgraded laito / washing pole / shotel. People using GMB usually can be outrun by spellcasters.
    Buzurgshah

Post by Buzurgshah Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am

lextune wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote: If anything should not be in the game it is magic spells that can 1shot players with 1800vit.

^This, X1000.

Sorceries in PvP are generaly weak and useless, which is amongst the flaws in the PvP system. DS is a fantastic game but its magic falls behind the system established by games like Skyrim.

As for your comment, a strong melee character can easily one or two hit a mage character in DS, so there is nothing wrong with one shot spells.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 am

Buzurgshah wrote:
    lextune wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote: If anything should not be in the game it is magic spells that can 1shot players with 1800vit.

^This, X1000.

Sorceries in PvP are generaly weak and useless, which is amongst the flaws in the PvP system.

I wouldn't say they are weak or usless , easy to dodge except dark bead at close range.
    Buzurgshah

Post by Buzurgshah Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 am

robsthedon wrote:
    Buzurgshah wrote:
    lextune wrote:

^This, X1000.

Sorceries in PvP are generaly weak and useless, which is amongst the flaws in the PvP system.

I wouldn't say they are weak or usless , easy to dodge except dark bead at close range.

I agree with the comment - lets redefine - they are NOT useless until the moment you face an opponent that can roll.:face: Or - they are very useful unless you fight an opponent that can roll.:affraid:
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 pm

I agree that most of the spells are easy to dodge with fast roll(most with medium), but the spells like pursuers and dark bead become 10x as powerful in small areas like the burg. I have a hard hitting mage build, and using it in the burg is just boring. It is really hard to lose if i'm actually trying, i do find i get lazy since it does get boring 1shotting everyone.

I think the next souls game should have faster easier to land magic, but have it do about 1/10 the damage. Also allow you to have a lot more casts of it. Dark bead would actually be a good idea for a spells, except maybe give you 20 casts per slot. And have it do about the amount of damage it might do now if you had 100magic adj. Same with pursuers, maybe make the start up faster but have it do a lot less damage and give you more casts.

As of now magic is best used by just creating situations where you can land a heavy hitting spell and 1-2 shot your opponent. To me this is no different then someone fishing for a roll bs with a buffed DGM. I just think that is boring/bad game design/balance.

I do think/hope Fromsoft is aware of these things, and have plans to fix them in the next game. I personally don't like playing a caster, but i get that people want to. I just think as of right now neither the person who wants to be a caster, or their opponents are very happy. I think casters should be able to fight similar to Melee builds, and not just have to fish for a 1shot kill. I can't imagine many of you are happy with that style of gameplay, i know i'm not.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I think the game is pretty well balanced, if some makes a hard hitting Mage that is capable of one shotting me, that is fine, they made the investment and they have to be capable as well. There is no one build type that dominates, that is the beauty of DkS.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Or you could use moonlight Butterfly horn....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 pm

PVP under sl 100. 70-90 is my usual range. Want to know why?

Because if a mage can 1shot me, they have little enough hp that I can definitely return the favor, and little enough poise that they run the risk of getting stunlocked even by a katana. Spellswords are mediocre at everything, but have huge versatility and warriors are warriors. At such a low sl, there is a distinct set of advantages and disadvantges to each class archtype, rather than the sl 120 everyones a hybrid because the damage stat hit 40 builds.

Anyways, if you see a talismine come out, expect wog and stick to them like white on rice to bs them out of gmb, its not exactly a quick cast.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm

cloudstrife070 wrote:as a mage character i cant do nothing to them , i think these spells shouls never be in the game, 90 % magic redution ? realy lame

what do youy guys think , is there a way to counter them ?

Be a fatty (high poise) with a elemental Zwei and stunlock those bishes cause you know they are coming right for you, or you can run away like a girl.

Joking.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

My first read at this topic i was surprised..... A player actually complaining about the one thing that provides chances of survival against the black shotgun of death.... LOL perhaps someone needs mor damage for the black magic........magic barrier = lost the battle  - Page 2 4125110524
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Great Magic Barrier is the only way to save yourself from being another OHKO victim of the new DLC spells. If your only means of defeating your opponent is through magic damage, then you need to revise your build and give yourself a secondary win condition.

EDIT: Take this into serious consideration because I'm a shark.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:07 pm

mugenis4real wrote:Great Magic Barrier is the only way to save yourself from being another OHKO victim of the new DLC spells. If your only means of defeating your opponent is through magic damage, then you need to revise your build and give yourself a secondary win condition.

EDIT: Take this into serious consideration because I'm a shark.

No build is going to defeat all others thats why DS is so great. Is build is so especialized, so effective that it has a huge falt..... GMB... Its absolutely normal.

I got to say i love DS no matter what your build is there is allways a fraction of players that have the upper hand, but still you can defeat them if your skill is high enough. magic barrier = lost the battle  - Page 2 639795459
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm

robsthedon wrote:I think the game is pretty well balanced, if some makes a hard hitting Mage that is capable of one shotting me, that is fine, they made the investment and they have to be capable as well. There is no one build type that dominates, that is the beauty of DkS.

Correction my friend there is http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=145022524583078588 BAM!!! the mage anti mage Muahahahahahah and he can out poise other great weapon users dead angle bs & parry fishers, he can tank magic, he can use the pike (spear) if he is faced with a spear user.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 pm

What about? http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=317715422343088030
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:What about? [url=http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=317715422343088030
    http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=317715422343088030[/quote[/url]]

Nice extra butts to bash as well as dees nuts. LOL

(youtube reference)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 am