Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gol
Yesuurd
6 posters

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:28 pm

    All the noobs which buff or use moonlight great swords are totally
    nullified with this miracle I love it, when I say noobs I mean noobs
    not meant for the general users of buffs or moonlight because I also
    use buffs, but the experienced pvper always has something ready
    for any situation, hence another weapon for when magic doesn't work.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Gol Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm

    So any person that doesn't play a faith build and, therefore, can't use great magic barrier against buffed weps/MGS are noobs ?

    Seriously, I think that the noobs are those who need that miracle to win and couldn't win without it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 33
    Location : International waters

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:41 pm

    Gol wrote:So any person that doesn't play a faith build and, therefore, can't use great magic barrier against buffed weps/MGS are noobs ?

    Seriously, I think that the noobs are those who need that miracle to win and couldn't win without it.
    A; you either misread him or are a troll
    B; miracles are a valid device and judging others based on their prefered playstyle is ignorant
    C; He's correct, an experienced combatant always has a fall-back.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:43 pm

    Gol wrote:So any person that doesn't play a faith build and, therefore, can't use great magic barrier against buffed weps/MGS are noobs ?

    Seriously, I think that the noobs are those who need that miracle to win and couldn't win without it.

    Common GOL I clearly disected my post so no one would respond like you did and still look at your response, I said clearly that not everyone who uses these weapons is a noob and that it works on noobs because they take advantage of the magic damage and never consider that in a given situation it will not work, hence they are left open entirely to be killed.

    In fact your logic states something I didn't say but backwards if you think about it, when you say that I can't win without using that miracle is the same as me saying you couldn't win without magic damage, which is only part of what I said.

    I win and have won many times without it, in fact I started using it fairly recently to avoid being killed instantly by gangs in the forest which cast from far away as one phantom is attacking you in front.


    Last edited by Yesuurd on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Gol Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:48 pm

    The first sentence was pure sarcasm, I sould have used that : Shrug
    The second is part sarcasm part truth.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated


    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

    GMB is great...more often than not, the noob is on the other end of it spamming WoTG wondering why I'm not dead.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

    Gol wrote:So any person that doesn't play a faith build and, therefore, can't use great magic barrier against buffed weps/MGS are noobs ?

    Seriously, I think that the noobs are those who need that miracle to win and couldn't win without it.

    Exactly thanks.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:52 pm

    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:GMB is great...more often than not, the noob is on the other end of it spamming WoTG wondering why I'm not dead.

    Yeah that happens alot it's hilarious, should have written that too!

    Would be cool that it could nullify TWOP...
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Brokewilly Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 pm

    Yesuurd wrote:
    Gol wrote:So any person that doesn't play a faith build and, therefore, can't use great magic barrier against buffed weps/MGS are noobs ?

    Seriously, I think that the noobs are those who need that miracle to win and couldn't win without it.

    Common GOL I clearly disected my post so no one would respond like you did and still look at your response, I said clearly that not everyone who uses these weapons is a noob and that it works on noobs because they take advantage of the magic damage and never consider that in a given situation it will not work, hence they are left open entirely to be killed.

    In fact your logic states something I didn't say but backwards if you think about it, when you say that I can't win without using that miracle is the same as me saying you couldn't win without magic damage, which is only part of what I said.

    I win and have won many times without it, in fact I started using it fairly recently to avoid being killed instantly by gangs in the forest which cast from far away as one phantom is attacking you in front.

    Here, Here - I second that - never be a one hit wonder, use all tools at ur disposal to win, etc ad infinitum. I even had camper run all over the forest trying to avoid me until my MB/GMB ran out - it was very funny. That basically let me know all he had was the MGS and no back-up plan - so I took my time, enjoyed the exercise then eliminated him with extreme prejudice.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Gol Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:01 pm

    The best way to "nullify" TWOP is to spam R1
    Most of the guys who use it are "noobs", they don't know that the attack speed is not affected and think they can come close to you without any risk.

    But against the worst of them (TWOP + WOG or TWOP + HCSM/ CSS), it's true that great magic barrier is pretty useful.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 pm

    Gol wrote:The best way to "nullify" TWOP is to spam R1
    Most of the guys who use it are "noobs", they don't know that the attack speed is not affected and think they can come close to you without any risk.

    But against the worst of them (TWOP + WOG or TWOP + HCSM/ CSS), it's true that great magic barrier is pretty useful.

    Indeed!

    P.S-Digging the avatar alot...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 33
    Location : International waters

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm

    i respond to twop by catching them with a wog then bluffing with force. youd be amazed how easy to keep someone back with force once they know you have wog. its a bluff of course but if they try to call it and get close just use wog to punish their stupidity.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:i respond to twop by catching them with a wog then bluffing with force. youd be amazed how easy to keep someone back with force once they know you have wog. its a bluff of course but if they try to call it and get close just use wog to punish their stupidity.

    yup I learned that trick from a previous post you made, thanks again good one!

    btw-just killed 2 jokers who ran up the stairs as I spawned at the forest and started slashing away,
    I rolled down the ledge and they dropped towards me, cast WOTG, one fell off the cliff the
    other had his back towards me, you can write the ending to that story...priceless!
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Gol Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:21 pm

    You can identify the miracles by the sound they make and the casting animation (a little bit more difficult for unexperienced players though).
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 33
    Location : International waters

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 pm

    the animation for force and wog is to close to tell untill its already off and the sound is the same untill its too late to dodge. You're right, don't get me wrong, but seeing the differences and responding in time are very different. if they guess correctly you can get in trouble though. gotta mix things up as much as possible for any decent bluff to work consistently.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Gol Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:32 pm

    Nah, you can clearly identify it by the sound.
    WOG has like a "cling" and force has a "fiussshhh", don't know if you'll see what I mean.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 pm

    we all ways to counter casters

    for me its not great magic barrier its vow of silence

    since im meele most of the time i cut off my enemie's ability to cast anything as well as cutting mine of course

    its funny how people are unprepared for stuff like this
    some just use it over and over and they can't do anything to counter it

    its funny watching them trying to cast WoG it while they're in range of my vow of silence


    "the way to ensure victory is to cut off the enemie's strenght source before they cut yours"

    and by that i mean

    "if you don't get stun-locked to death by WoG and manage to cast Vow of silence you'll have the complete advantage over the situation"

    thats pretty much how it goes,for me at least



    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Gol Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:37 pm

    Vow of silence + karmic justice might be a good combination.
    The opponent panick and rush at you tryin to stunlock and then...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : Dominican Republic

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:39 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:we all ways to counter casters

    for me its not great magic barrier its vow of silence

    since im meele most of the time i cut off my enemie's ability to cast anything as well as cutting mine of course

    its funny how people are unprepared for stuff like this
    some just use it over and over and they can't do anything to counter it

    its funny watching them trying to cast WoG it while they're in range of my vow of silence


    "the way to ensure victory is to cut off the enemie's strenght source before they cut yours"

    and by that i mean

    "if you don't get stun-locked to death by WoG and manage to cast Vow of silence you'll have the complete advantage over the situation"

    thats pretty much how it goes,for me at least





    Wow thanks, this is why I love the forum...I never use vow of silence I am going to experiment with it now!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:40 pm

    @Gol

    Bam they fall on their asses while i laugh >big grin

    and while they get up im ready to finish them off

    how i love watching people that are not ready for these types of things

    its so funny don't you agree?

    @Yessuurd

    feel free to test it out you'll get some good results i assure you winking
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 33
    Location : International waters

    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:50 pm

    my main just rolls through for a bs. wog doesn't work as an offensive spell against anyone who knows how to deal with it, its my 'suck it and die' tool for countering bs attempts or fending them off if they try to press an advantage. and yes i can clearly hear the difference but i cant respond in time.

    Sponsored content


    My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER Empty Re: My best friend in pvp GREAT MAGIC BARRIER

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:21 am