Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Sal Paradise
Juutas
PlasticandRage
Joichiro
Emergence
Shkar
Astardbay
GrinTwist
CaligoIllioneus
skarekrow13
WandererReece
Icegodzilla
Rarayn
OrnsteinFanBoy
DoughGuy
vatar5
sunbro
ErrJon6661
Qawdz
23 posters

You will not believe what happened.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

You will not believe what happened. - Page 2 Empty Re: You will not believe what happened.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, I hinted at it strongly Dough Coffee!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

You will not believe what happened. - Page 2 Empty Re: You will not believe what happened.

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 pm

I've seen the archway that is blocked by boards on my ps3 before. I thought it might have been a new area added with the update. You could say it was a dumb idea but when I saw the area I took every weapon I had and tried breaking it. It's not possible to do, so I'm assuming that this was some form of a hack.
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Honestly, I could see From being able to program something like that into the game. They are clipped from other textures, but those textures only show up if you use the EXACT right weapon, just because you used every weapon in your inventory & it didn't work, doesn't mean it isn't there. You just don't have the exact weapon. You would need to hit it with that weapon for the door to even appear, including in the viewer. Glitching the PC version would not work, like with the centipede door, because if you do not hit the door with the correct weapon, I doubt the pathway would even load.

Look, I'm not saying it's necessarily true, I have my doubts, but I think that if any game would have secrets like that, this game would, & that From is crafty enough to be able to hide it from people who try to find these secrets with things like 3D viewers. They realize these tricks, & would find ways around them if they wanted them to be truly secret. They want people to find these secrets, but they want them to do it right, to meet the challenge, not to find them through cheap tricks & exploits.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:09 am

I will freely amit to only having played Dark Souls, but it seems to me like they aren't as clever with secrets as everyone says.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 am

Looks like the OP has left you all hanging.

Will he deliver? :suspect:
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 am

pics or never happened.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:33 am

Emergence wrote:Looks like the OP has left you all hanging.

Will he deliver? :suspect:

This bat channel sucks.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:35 am

And all were left eyes full on piss and banging the wall with every weapon possible: trolling successful.

The End

You will not believe what happened. - Page 2 3596227959
    Sal Paradise
    Sal Paradise

Post by Sal Paradise Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 am

I rarely ever post here, but the DLC brought me back into the game.

Interesting topic, and it makes me curious how that "japanese player breaks wall with weapon XY" myth even started. I've seen it mentioned first in one of Glyph's posts. Curious about which japanese board he got it from. Japanese wiki maybe?

The OP is most likely trolling, especially seeing that he registrated here, introduced himself and then shortly after made the post.

Either way, been visiting Lower Undead Burg again today, checking all the barricaded doors with various weapons, and it's still weird that there's only one that makes the wooden noises.

Seeing how the developer was pretty active giving interviews again when the DLC came out, wish someone had asked him if there's still secrets like that in the game. Can someone please direct towards topics where guys on the PC explored potential secret doors, via noclipping etc. Thanks!
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Yep trolling methinks. i am not trying this myself. Id like to point out that all game code is programmed at some level and i'm not ruling out that the Japanise player hacked. its always possible and some people devote their lives to manipulating code.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm

yeah trolling makes the most sense, was trying to give hi the benefit of the doubt but i figured he was trolling unless less he had pic/vids
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:07 pm

well in his defence most people don't film their every move on a game. in fact the only time they would would probrably be if they were filming something foryoutube or something.
    Im just being devils advocate here i think its trolling anyways.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:33 pm

yeah i agree not everyone is recording at all times, its just the only way i would believe him. Unless someone can recreate it. It also doesn't help that he hasn't posted anything about it since the original post
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:56 pm

It also doesn't help that the member has no rep here. If a member with at least more presence had said it I'd be less doubtful.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 am

I myself don't rate anyone by rep as my rep always gets downgraded. my max rep was about 3 then it all went in a day. I think someone on these forums might have a vendetta against me sad . But it is true what you way about even greater suspicion as no new posts by him have arrived. Typical trolls just appear to like the reactions of people trying to find these things out.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Not like literal forum rep hahahaha. I meant someone who posts here a lot and has some credibility. As opposed to someone who makes 2-3 posts and then disappears.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Rep dosen't matter a lot. Once I got positive rep just for posting this.
    WandererReece wrote:I'm very surprised no one voted for Gwynevere.

My favorite would be Tarkus. He can kill the Iron Golem all by his self.

+1 for independence.
    Honestly I don't think it was +1 worthy, but I'll admit, it isn't bad either.

Also, He hasn't replied to any questions, so I think he may be lying.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 pm

And I read through this whole thread with my hopes up...
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 am

ha know what u mean those planks of wood drive me nuts
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:Not like literal forum rep hahahaha. I meant someone who posts here a lot and has some credibility. As opposed to someone who makes 2-3 posts and then disappears.
    ahh that makes sense. good point.
    Qawdz

Post by Qawdz Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Qawdz wrote:

lol! Nice prank.

EDIT: Why won't it quote properly?
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Qawdz wrote:

lol! Nice prank.

:shock: O RLY?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:52 pm

vatar5 wrote::shock: O RLY?

Actually, I guess we were onto him / her, so it wasn't that good. However, it was a nice try.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

'You will not believe what happened.'
    No... no I don't believe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:31 pm