Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
befowler
Darkson
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Danthuyer
zappo
deathsdragon
eneq
Herbo
Disaster84
Carphil
Serious_Much
DxV04
Whknight
Yesuurd
gammlesvarte
20 posters

dam it why why me

gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

dam it why why me Empty dam it why why me

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Dam it i died at the dragon now in the depths 3 times argh argh...and then i decided to farm some hummanity on the rats in the depths and guess what i died there to....and then i killed the rats the basilisks got i guess i shouldent play more today...need to calm my self...

and i probly need to buy a new ps3 controller my is not responding so well now...

Going to play some masseffect now for a houer or 2 to calm my nervs and lick my wounds
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

dam it why why me Empty Re: dam it why why me

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 pm

sorry man, good to take a break after these things happen...
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:46 pm

That dragon can be a pain I'll give you that. If you are focusing on cutting the tail summon Solaire and Luatrac or however is name is spelled and focus on the tail, careful though he will swip at you. They won't last to long though so move quickly and pray. Once it's off and yours keep attacking from the sides and back until either it or your NPC helpers are dead, if the NPCs die then use the next section.

If not keep a mild distance, enough where when it is 'standing' and if it slams down for the charge you won't get hit, and bait him to charge keeping to his sides when he does. Once he stops just 2hand your weapon and swing maybe 3-5 times or usually your stamina bar and start moving back he'll be tailswiping shortly. Just keep repeating this and it will probably take awhile, did it at SL33 and it had to have taken 10-20 minutes or something.

Last edited by Whknight on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:50 pm

you don't have online? why don't you summon some phantoms to help you?
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:59 pm

DxV04 wrote:you don't have online? why don't you summon some phantoms to help you?

i have online but no signs was up
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Whknight wrote:That dragon can be a pain I'll give you that. If you are focusing on cutting the tail summon Solaire and Luatrac or however is name is spelled and focus on the tail, careful though he will swip at you. They won't last to long though so move quickly and pray. Once it's off and yours keep attacking from the sides and back until either it or your NPC helpers are dead, if the NPCs die then use the next section.

If not keep a mild distance, enough where when it is 'standing' and if it slams down for the charge you won't get hit, and bait him to charge keeping to his sides when he does. Once he stops just 2hand your weapon and swing maybe 3-5 times or usually your stamina bar and start moving back he'll be tailswiping shortly. Just keep repeating this and it will probably take awhile, did it at SL33 and it had to have taken 10-20 minutes or something,

.. I'll reedit this in a bit. I need to go do something

thanks for the info will try it when i calm down
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:14 pm

wow, sucks to get stuck on this guy..

Okay look stay away from him for most part, specifically outside lock on range, this will bait his charge attack (brings body down flat, then charges).

When his body comes down before the charge run to the side of him and wait until after he stops charging, attack at the rear where tail joint is. After 1 set of swings run away and repeat.

You can easily do this boss without taking damage once you get the hang of this tactic.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Summon solaire and let the dragon kick his *** while you hit the tail
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

i dont think hes that hard its just me i said it before im a verry bad player..must be my age so my mechanics dosent work so well or my brain has gotten slower...but i will try all the hints you have gave me...or not i will stay and look for summon signs but i doupt it when im Sl70
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:23 pm

gammlesvarte wrote:i dont think hes that hard its just me i said it before im a verry bad player..must be my age so my mechanics dosent work so well or my brain has gotten slower...but i will try all the hints you have gave me...or not i will stay and look for summon signs but i doupt it when im Sl70

dude are you on NG+ or something?
    Disaster84
    Disaster84

Post by Disaster84 Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 pm

I watched this youtube video and the strategy helped me beat the Gaping Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILN2HgYIdPw&feature=g-user-u
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 pm

The dragon has oodles of hitpoints and it's easy to get impatient and just want to whack away as much as inhumanly possible.

Just chill, let the dragon do his thing, wait for your moment, run in and get a three solid 2handed hits on him. Then run away screaming (just not over the waterfall happy) and wait for him to get done vomitting, flying, rotating,etc. Then when he jams his chest/mouth into the ground and charges accross the room you chase him down and chop three more times.
    Gaping dragon is just a patience fight. Only tricky bit is that when you get your opening for a three chop attack, remember to stand between the base of his tail (if you aren't chopping it off) and his rear-most leg. And Solaire n Lautrec can also be useful to get chewed up by ol' Gapey while you murder his hiney parts.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    gammlesvarte wrote:i dont think hes that hard its just me i said it before im a verry bad player..must be my age so my mechanics dosent work so well or my brain has gotten slower...but i will try all the hints you have gave me...or not i will stay and look for summon signs but i doupt it when im Sl70

dude are you on NG+ or something?

No im on my NG still
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:32 pm

i don't know how you can get to SL70 there, how many hours you spent farming?

but at that level i thihnk you're probably just trying to rush it too much and Gaping can be quite powerful but you just have to avoid him

Have you killed the chaneller near him? if you havent then that'll be why you're having a really tough time.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:42 pm

He's just as stupid on NG+ too, I went at it at like 240 thinking he would be a wuss... I can say he is not.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Serious_Much wrote:i don't know how you can get to SL70 there, how many hours you spent farming?

but at that level i thihnk you're probably just trying to rush it too much and Gaping can be quite powerful but you just have to avoid him

Have you killed the chaneller near him? if you havent then that'll be why you're having a really tough time.

i killed the mage up there on balcony i was doing co-ops in depths has hollow and managed to get 490k souls true co-op and i got alot when farming for ore from slimes but thanks all for the helpful hints i will try them all
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Does he get significantly worse on NG+++ or? Whenever I did the Gaping Dragon he has been a pushover... In my games he follow a very predictable pattern...

1. Big gape
    2. Slam his mouth to the ground and get stuck
    3. Charge straight forward
    4. Realign to where the player is and repeat.

I usually just wait until he gets stuck in 2 and then run to his rear and start bashing, if you do the front or the sides youll get charge damage when he gets unstuck but other than that piece of cake.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Gaping Dragon plays the same as far as I can tell on any play through, its pretty much just a matter of hitting him from behind, and if you let Solarie tank him its a push over.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Nope, no mobs seems to get additional attack animations. Only his additional health will make him more annoying but otherwise he'll stay a pushover when you learn his moveset.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Whknight wrote:Nope, no mobs seems to get additional attack animations. Only his additional health will make him more annoying but otherwise he'll stay a pushover when you learn his moveset.

yea i noticed its alot about move around when fighting in this game and run atround smack here then run and do another smack there..its not so much about standing still and sucking up damage
    zappo

Post by zappo Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Wow that's a lot of farming in the depths! Did you put any of those souls into upgrades by any chance? I know in most games you level up first and then worry about upgrading equipment. That's actually backwards for dark souls. Even if you know you're going to be replacing your equipment eventually, a +5 shield and weapon is always worthwhile and makes a big difference early in the game. If you picked up the halberd in the parish, that makes an excellent early game weapon at +5 and makes everything MUCH easier.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Aye, I bet that's what the Sony people were trying to do. This game likes to make you think outside the box.

Also I hear you on the depths farming. I usually do that myself on any new character and it's amazing how quickly the souls will stack up isn't it? Not even just on slimes the rats will build up fast too if you use a wide range area of effect spell like Wrath of the Gods.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm in this basket too mate so don't worry

My reflexes are not as sharp any more and I often walk roll off edges

This is one of the reasons I don't play first person shooters online anymore unless I a general on trolling the army I am too poo to be on the frontline big grin

Stay in there mate you,ll get there and ng+ will be a breeze
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 pm

if you are farming for souls I recommend joining the Forest covenant or to be in human form in the forest (need to be comfortable cleaning out the NPCs first). The return of invested time vs. souls is a lot better in PvP than mob farming.

I am lvl 72 on my toon and I can easily score 1mil + on a night of PvP but then again one needs to be comfortable with PvP and have decent gear so I guess it helps to have gone thru the game atleast once.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 pm

zappo wrote:

Wow that's a lot of farming in the depths! Did you put any of those souls into upgrades by any chance? I know in most games you level up first and then worry about upgrading equipment. That's actually backwards for dark souls. Even if you know you're going to be replacing your equipment eventually, a +5 shield and weapon is always worthwhile and makes a big difference early in the game. If you picked up the halberd in the parish, that makes an excellent early game weapon at +5 and makes everything MUCH easier.

yea got my armor to the stage when i need chunks and got my halberd and mace to +10 and some other wepons to +10 so i dident just lvl up i bought a lot of moss and ather cinda things like the items that cure curse and yet more and the key to the door in darkroot garden

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:45 am