Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Hydreigon11
Serious_Much
wolfboy
bunnywink
Forum Pirate
Derpwraith
10 posters

Attention Darkmoon Blades

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Attention Darkmoon Blades Empty Attention Darkmoon Blades

Post by Derpwraith Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:04 am

Alright, as a dedicated blade, I'm a little angry that there's no covenant that is pure Gwyndolin based. I'm also pretty damn bored, so I really hope someone can bother forming one because I sure as hell can't lolololol. Even if someone doesn't you can still add me on PSN if ur around SL120.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Attention Darkmoon Blades Empty Re: Attention Darkmoon Blades

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 pm

There really arn't enough of us. Several of us have tried, it never lasts long.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm

I have one Darkmoon character SL100. She's actually my favourite build right now, so if somebody decides to make a covenant, I would most definitely join! 8)
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm

we really should do a royal woods and oolacile division of DMB... or perhaps a mass indictment event? We should organize some way to massively increase the amount of sin in Lordran...

I've really been enjoying darkmooning lately- in the past it's been unbearably slow sometimes- but as of late I've gotten some great invasions in Dark Anor Londo...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Attention Darkmoon Blades 634

I rest my case.

People don't wanna be Darkmoons most of the time, which is a shame as they're my favourite invasion cov.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Has darkmooning been easier to do post patch for 120's? Because I have a 120 darkmoon that is slowly rotting due to inactivity, if you could tell me where to PvP as a Moon, I could RP Gwyndolin/take part in a mass invasion/indictment event in the Royal Wood. Hell I could be both parts, I could run around as a Darkwraith getting indicted and invade as a Moon.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am

I'm either Sunbro, or Darkmoon, but I'm Darkmoon, not because of lore, or inner feeling to spread justice, or whatever, but simply for the mechanics.

Darkmoons can invade while hollow, invade lower SL (my main is SL 127) and don't leave bloodstains upon death, which are very good features. I can also use DMB and get Darkmoon Talisman for rank +1 and those are some usefull things.

So, although I actually hate Gwyndolin, most of my toons are Darkmoons.

Anyway, other Covenants just don't cut it for me.
    I don't want to bother wearing a Ring a do gankfests all of the time (Forestbros).
    I don't want to risk my Souls and Humanity in a stain (Douchewraiths).
    I don't want to spend hours of waiting for some PvP (Gravelord and Dragonbros).
    So what else to do? :|
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 am

Sounds like you could use a nice red soapy shower. Rss is the best alternative for me.r
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am

Serious_Much wrote:Sounds like you could use a nice red soapy shower. Rss is the best alternative for me.r
    Takes too much time, just like Dragonbros, or Gravelords (well, not THAT much, but still) and I think it does leave a bloodstain, or doesn't it?
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Sounds like you could use a nice red soapy shower. Rss is the best alternative for me.r
    Takes too much time, just like Dragonbros, or Gravelords (well, not THAT much, but still) and I think it does leave a bloodstain, or doesn't it?

It leaves a bloodstain where you put your RSS, but you don't go hollow when you die, so it's not so bad~
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 am

bunnywink wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

It leaves a bloodstain where you put your RSS, but you don't go hollow when you die, so it's not so bad~
    I think it leaves bloodstain on the places where I stood before getting summoned, not where I put down my RSS.
    Am I wrong?

Anyway, same can be said about the Red Orb version, but I don't want to risk losing the stain. That's why I prefer the Blue Orb.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 am

Hahaha, that makes much more sense. I usually just stand over my RSS. 8)

Soooo, Sentiel, you gonna make this covenant?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:54 am

bunnywink wrote:Hahaha, that makes much more sense. I usually just stand over my RSS. 8)

Soooo, Sentiel, you gonna make this covenant?
    I usually just place it and go do something, so I just don't waste the limited time I have for playing by just standing somewhere. happy

Hmmmm, I haven't gone so far to join a user made Covenant yet and I did say out loud that I hate Gwyndolin. lol!

I'll see after Battle of Sen's how well I fare in the PvP world and then maybe join one.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    bunnywink wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

I think it leaves bloodstain on the places where I stood before getting summoned, not where I put down my RSS.
    Am I wrong?

Anyway, same can be said about the Red Orb version, but I don't want to risk losing the stain. That's why I prefer the Blue Orb.

It's not really a risk in my opinion. You wouldn't generally put your sign down in places that are difficult to get to or that risk you dying really, thats why i've never thought of red orb invasions as a risk. Where would you relly put the sign to make you think it risky?

It doesn't take much time in my experience, shorter than blue orb generally too, i just enjoy it because i know whoever's world i go into the WANT to fight me, rather than me hunting down people just sprinting to the boss (though ive done my fair share of that also)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 pm

@Serious_Much
    Anywhere is risky.
    I'm a total incopetent that is capable of dying in area with no enemies.

Also, if it's too far from bonfire, I'm stranded with 0 Humanity and if I get invaded, I'm f*cked, because I use Chaos stuff.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Pfft, ERADICATE ALL THE DARKMOONS!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Pfft, ERADICATE ALL THE DARKMOONS!

I thought the old 'darkmoons r4 unskilled n00bs' phase was over and died on the old forum...
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

LOL, why do DM's have such a bad rep? I just love the sparkly-diamond-buff. 8)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm

DMs are seen as less skilled as

A) compared to DW, they're easier to get supposedly, which i always thought was a bogus reason but whatever
    B) You risk nothing with their invasions. you can invade hollow and don't leave a bloodstain, so noobs will presumably use DM first to train their skills
    C) You invade people lower level than you, which gives you an unfair advantage
    D) 'DM's are all unskilled noobs reliant on their precious DMB' -thats a genuine quote from the old forum
    E) 'They are all cheap players, and do nothing but BS fish with full giants and dwgr' -another old forum classic.

thats why they have stigma attached to them
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Serious! happy
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Dorkmoons (btw my favorite nickname of any cov) have a somewhat bad rep because I can take a somewhat over leveled build and Blue Eye somewhere like the Burg or Township and catch people from 100~120

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=330131431260667067

I mean look at it, it's kinda gross.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm

I call mine "Derpmoon". I think I invaded one guy in Catacombs four times and fell to my death (whilst attempting a jump) each and every time. The sad part was I was only invading to get some photos of enemies in the area without aggro-ing them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 am

Serious_Much wrote:DMs are seen as less skilled as

A) compared to DW, they're easier to get supposedly, which i always thought was a bogus reason but whatever
    B) You risk nothing with their invasions. you can invade hollow and don't leave a bloodstain, so noobs will presumably use DM first to train their skills
    D) 'DM's are all unskilled noobs reliant on their precious DMB' -thats a genuine quote from the old forum
    E) 'They are all cheap players, and do nothing but BS fish with full giants and dwgr' -another old forum classic.

dafuq is this?
    It makes no sense.

A) What does Covenants accessibility have to do with anything? I agree, bogus reason.

B) Exactly, no risk, that's what's good about it. Why should that be a negative point?

C) You invade a bit lower than usual, but it's still in the 10+10% radius. If you invade someone lower, it was because he has a lot of Indictments on him, meaning he does a lot of PvP and should have enough skill to compenstae for SL difference.

D) Int are unskilled noobs reliant on their CMW, DB, CSS, Pursuers. That kind of argument? C'mon...

E) Everybody did that :dung: back then and Covenant had little to do with it.

I'm very glad that I'm not on the old forum, but here instead. This forum has the best Souls community so far. Joy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 am

Many people don't like being punished for their sins. Their choice, you can be sinless the entire game, even pay souls to be pardoned. Invading an SL 1 was hilarious while I was SL 100. Clearly a BB glitcher back then, because the sin transfered from their old builds. I think the lower SL invasions were done on purpose, to amplify the punishment for the sinners. Prayer
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:25 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:DMs are seen as less skilled as

dafuq is this?
    It makes no sense.

A) What does Covenants accessibility have to do with anything? I agree, bogus reason.

B) Exactly, no risk, that's what's good about it. Why should that be a negative point?

C) You invade a bit lower than usual, but it's still in the 10+10% radius. If you invade someone lower, it was because he has a lot of Indictments on him, meaning he does a lot of PvP and should have enough skill to compenstae for SL difference.

D) Int are unskilled noobs reliant on their CMW, DB, CSS, Pursuers. That kind of argument? C'mon...

E) Everybody did that :dung: back then and Covenant had little to do with it.

I'm very glad that I'm not on the old forum, but here instead. This forum has the best Souls community so far. Joy

This is the same forum, just on a different medium and a lot easier to police, hence why less people with crazy opinions are on here.

I never said I agreed with any of these reasons, it's just the reasons they gave. why some people thought dms were less skilled. Just like honour wars, player covenant obsession etc. it was just a phase the forum went through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 am