Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Marino.
barrywilkins
Rudmed
Spurgun
Argetlam350
Tolvo
skarekrow13
RAITIR
Carphil
ChizFreak
cloudyeki
WyrmHero
Uparkaam
Juutas
vatar5
Digitalyzed
BIG TIME MASTER
21 posters

Game Breeding

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Game Breeding - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Breeding

Post by Rudmed Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:25 am

The Letter X wrote:Dark Souls and Kingdom Hearts, because every now and then you need some crazy combat to counteract Dark Souls' realistic combat.

I can see it now.

Chosen Undead enters through fog gate...One Winged Angel starts playing.

Sepiroth descends from the sky......FFFFFFF
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am

Rudmed wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Dark Souls and Kingdom Hearts, because every now and then you need some crazy combat to counteract Dark Souls' realistic combat.

I can see it now.

Chosen Undead enters through fog gate...One Winged Angel starts playing.

Sepiroth descends from the sky......FFFFFFF
    ^ that would be awesome! And Sephiroth would be a damn hard boss D:
    :dat attackrange:
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:31 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Why do you specifically wanna keep Dark Souls messed up lock on system? I mean sure it's great, as long as it doesn't spasticly flip between several enemies that aren't even close to each other. Just saying.

I think it works great. I've never had any control issues with it.
    The main reason I like it is that it is easy to use, responsive, and allows you to realistically stay squared to your opponent while having full maneuverability. The only thing I would do to it is allow me to adjust the zoom level. I really like almost directly over the shoulder third person.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I think it works great. I've never had any control issues with it.
    The main reason I like it is that it is easy to use, responsive, and allows you to realistically stay squared to your opponent while having full maneuverability. The only thing I would do to it is allow me to adjust the zoom level. I really like almost directly over the shoulder third person.
    I do agree with most of those things. But you're telling me you've never had lock-on problems?? O.o I died so freaking often from those! Do you play it on PC, xbox or PS3?
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Section 8 and Supreme Commander

I'm talking RTS controller building units and buildings, and realtime FPS players driving the machines and engaging in ground combat.

I've only ever see one game utilise it (I think Tolvo introduced us to it, though I may be wrong), and I really wish more games, especially those with massive units and maps, could implemement a bit of on-field combat too, to lower the gap between units by factoring in skill.

Starhawk might be a game for you then : )
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

lalliman wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I think it works great. I've never had any control issues with it.
    I do agree with most of those things. But you're telling me you've never had lock-on problems?? O.o I died so freaking often from those! Do you play it on PC, xbox or PS3?

Xbox 360. In blighttown I used to have occassional camera flops resulting in falling deaths, but once I learned to turn off the camera auto-recovery option it never happened again. Aside from that, no I haven't had any targeting issues. I typically lock off and on faster than the game does automatically though.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Xbox 360. In blighttown I used to have occassional camera flops resulting in falling deaths, but once I learned to turn off the camera auto-recovery option it never happened again. Aside from that, no I haven't had any targeting issues. I typically lock off and on faster than the game does automatically though.
    I tried turning off auto-recovery but it didn't help ):
    Oh well i guess it's either a PC issue or i just suck tongue
    Either way it's fine, it doesn't happen a lot anymore nowadays.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

lalliman wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Xbox 360. In blighttown I used to have occassional camera flops resulting in falling deaths, but once I learned to turn off the camera auto-recovery option it never happened again. Aside from that, no I haven't had any targeting issues. I typically lock off and on faster than the game does automatically though.
    I tried turning off auto-recovery but it didn't help ):
    Oh well i guess it's either a PC issue or i just suck tongue
    Either way it's fine, it doesn't happen a lot anymore nowadays.

You may just be getting better at using it. Locking off early, like when you know the enemy will die on your current attack but it hasn't finished yet, is a good technique that allows you to lock onto other specific targets quickly in a lot of situations. That way you don't have to wait and have the camera follow the enemy as it dies if you are moving towards another.
    I am hitting the camera lock button probably just as much as the attack button when I am playing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:28 pm